Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Thread Starter #391
Re: After Two Years - Tata Manza Ownership Experience

the same in my manza too. one glow plug went kaput and i replaced it and in another week another glow plug went kaput. its better to change all the glow plugs.
It is more than one month now after changing one glow plug. So I assume the other three are OK for now.

Re: After Two and a Half Years - Tata Manza Ownership Experience

Rs 700 for WBWA ?:eek:
In Pune ,300 Rs + extra charges for weight s (100 to 150 Rs).

BTW , tyre must have wornout due to low pressure rather than WBWA IMO.

Thread Starter #393

Rs 700 for WBWA ?:eek:
In Pune ,300 Rs + extra charges for weight s (100 to 150 Rs)..
That is why I thought of going to TASS instead of local tyre repair shop which charges Rs 700+.
TASS estimate was around Rs 500.

BTW , tyre must have wornout due to low pressure rather than WBWA IMO.
That could be the major reason. However Wheel balancing and alignment also would have played there rolls. They ended up in adding 200 gmweight for wheel balancing.

Thread Starter #394

Details of 30000 km service.

Reached TASS a little bit late at around 10 AM due to rains.
There were lot of cars and parking itself was difficult.

SA appeared within 5 minutes after reporting my arrival at reception.

It was a busy and crowded day at TASS and many cars from previous day was still not delivered. Told him that I am in a hurry and wanted the car to be returned as early as possible. According to him maximum he could try was by 6.00 PM.
SA, Vimal asked me to speak to Mr. Piyush Rathod and took him in phone. Piyush is another SA but now doubling up as Shop Floor Manager. Finally both of them assured they would try their best to return the car at the earliest ie, by 3.00 PM.

Charges:

Synthetic Oil 5W40 (3.2 litres) - Rs 1252 (including tax)
Petronas
Oil Filter - Rs 358
Air Filter element - Rs 262
SDE 75 PS
Cotton Waste - Rs 15
Engine Oil FF drin - Rs 450

General Check up - FOC - Rs 0
(Due to Monsoon Check up - I was not aware of this and SA did not mention this during job card preperation)
Minor service (every 5000 km) - FOC - Rs 0

Wheel Alignment, Balancing (200 gm weight used) and tyre rotation.
(Tyre rotated as per the suggestion given by me which included using spare tyre. Later changed the rotation once again after a trial run by the technician)
Charges - Rs 920

Total Charges for service including Taxes - Rs 3922

Value added service opted by me - BG Diesel ISC to clean engine intake valves and air intake valves. - Rs 1209 including taxes.

Total amount paid - Rs 5131.

Car was ready after completing all jobs by 2:45 PM. Then it was lined up for washing. Searched for SA and told him to skip washing since there was a long queue. Invoice generated and bill paid in next 15 minutes and left the place by 3:00 PM.

Note to Tornado: Since washing is skipped, asked the SA to arrange for fitting the wheel cups and also told him to find out the loose one and tie it. When I took out the car at 3:00 PM, wheel cups were in place and one of them which was loose was tied to the rim using a black plastic tie rod.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #395

After completing the service, TASS in Vapi don't give a feedback form to us. I was surprised when other members write about SAs requesting them to give good rating. Here in Vapi, never seen such a feedback form.

Two days after the service, there was a telephone call from Tata Motors Customer care and they took the rating information over phone. This happened during last service also. (My phone number registered with TASS was wrong earlier and I got it corrected during last service only)

This time I gave a rating of 10 to most of the points and gave 9 for TASS ability to address all the issues in my car.
Gave 8 for security - proper directions and courtsey. But as per Tata Motos 8 is a complaint and wanted to record my complaint. He asked whether security persons gave assistance and proper direction for parking. On second thoughts revised the rating to 9.

Last time I gave a rating of 4 for security and Customer care noted it as a serious complaint. This time while entering the premises, I could see a noticeable difference and they really assisted for parking during a crowded day there.

It is good that they are not providing feedback form.

One of the question they ask - whether all complaints solved properly ? This is premature question to answer immidietely, eg. My clutch issue- it use to get hard only after using it in heavy city traffic. Wiper performance at night time etc.
If we give good rating then it becomes documentary record , after 2 days we realize that the work is not done properly

Thread Starter #397

Last wednesday, there was a tak tak noise when AC is switched on (I always drive with AC on).

Called SA, Piyush Rathode on his mobile; he understood the problem instantly and suggested to take the car to service station at the earliest and drive with re circulation mode switched off - noise was not there in that mode.

On reaching the service station, SA called a techinician and asked to check the car immediately. They have not made any job card.

Technician finished his checking within a minute and went to stores. There was no stock of spare motor. He discussed with SA and they told me that it is only loose cable touching the propeller. They fixed it by chaniging the wire connection and work was over in two minutes.

There was lot of mud accumulated and wanted to do a thourough wash on underbody. Asked SA, whether I can get the car washed. He agreed and gave instructions accordingly.

It was a good washing job done by them including a proper cleaning of the engine bay. After washing and drying, they applied grease on all door joints, bonnet, boot and battery terminals. It was off white colour new grease and not the black one they used to apply earlier. I am impressed and what else - it was free!!

Positive Changes noticed at TASS this time.

1. Parking assistance provided by security was better than last time.
2. There was a poster at the entrance displaying a mobile number of CRO for pick up and drop services.
3. Customers' waiting room got a new TV (old TV with a faulty remote now replaced with a new LCD TV)
4. Serving Tea to Customers - noticed this change last time itself.
5. Noticed a change in morale of the staff/technicians.
6. Quality of washing job was excellent and they cleaned the whole car very well including the engine bay and other areas under the bonnet.
7. Applied good quality grease on all door joints, bonnet, boot and battery terminals. This was done without any request from my side.
8. As I was watching from a distance, I could see the positive change with which those guys were doing the job - Cleaning of my car as well as various jobs on other cars being carried out inside shop floor.

After two hours I left TASS with full satisfaction.

Last edited:

Good to know that TAI is improved.

BTW, I had similar noise problem with recirculation mode ON.
IIRC, they had done similar lao-le-jao(bring it & take it away) job, After few days when the noise reappeared, they replaced the motor under warranty FOC. Otherwise, it was 3k INR job.
These are quotes dragged here from my thread.
:biggrin:Recd a call from TATAS to enquire about the 30kkm servicing feedback.I told most of the things are done well but the AC clutter noise has reappeared and new ' kat ' kat' noise comes whenever ac is taken on ' inner circulation' mode.

Next day recd.a call from TASS and they asked me to bring the car for same reason.They changed the blower motor and one more motor in warranty , and returned the car within 2 hrs.without any labour charges.Gave them 10/10 on feedback form.
This is the third instance of the blower inlet damper assembly replacement in this forum itself. [frustration]

good to hear the TASS changes!
By the way 1252rs for 3.2 litres of synthetic oil doesn't seem to add up - i think it might be some semi synthetic stuff or have tata just got a new oil well somewhere?:tongue:

IR, this news seems to be very short lived [lol], as I just finished reading Highway ranger's car troubles with TASS on his thread[cry] something like "kabhi kushi, kabhi ghum" in english "some times happy, some times sad"

@IR, It(Petronas) is semisynthetic oil, now a days. Previously they were using castrol synthetic @approx 3k INR for 3.2L.

Thread Starter #403

BTW, I had similar noise problem with recirculation mode ON.
IIRC, they had done similar lao-le-jao(bring it & take it away) job, After few days when the noise reappeared, they replaced the motor under warranty FOC. Otherwise, it was 3k INR job.
So it looks like this one is a common problem in Manza.

Good to know that TAI is improved.
IR, this news seems to be very short lived , as I just finished reading Highway ranger's car troubles with TASS on his thread
I think the service station that autosafari goes to has some quality mechanics.
I too share the same feeling. Happy that TASS is improving. But it will take time to show consistant results and to provide improved service experience nation wide

By the way 1252rs for 3.2 litres of synthetic oil doesn't seem to add up - i think it might be some semi synthetic stuff or have tata just got a new oil well somewhere?:tongue:
@IR, It(Petronas) is semisynthetic oil, now a days. Previously they were using castrol synthetic @approx 3k INR for 3.2L.
Thats right. They were using CASTROL PROFESSIONAL EDGE earlier which was about Rs 2800 for 3.2 ltrs.
Petronas is cheaper at less than half the price.
However, a post from Gypsy gives an indication that both these are semi synthetic oils. ie, Grade 5W40

Last edited:
Thread Starter #404
re: Fifth Year - Tata Manza Ownership experience.

Logging in to TAI after a long time.

Manza is doing well without any issues.

Changed tyres last week - upgraded to 195/60/R15 88H (Apollo Acelere)
earlier it was 185/60/R15 84H (Apollo Acelere).

Extra width and slight increase in height along with extra volume of Nitrogen is giving pleasant improvement in ride.

Stock tyres run for 32324 km. Tyres got damaged due to some very bad roads, high speed highway driving with full load and may be due to some wheel alignment issues earlier. Could have gone another 5000 km or more for my daily use. Changed the tyres because of the long drive planned starting from this week end.

re: Fifth Year - Tata Manza Ownership experience.

I think your tyres ran quite less. My Manza is almost 23.5K done, and tyres look quite fresh still.

Top Bottom