Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

I presume these prices leak has been done to gauge the people's pulse, and to get their feedback and or suggestions.

However, as Harrier will come in both petrol and diesel and automatic varients, the prices should start much lower, also it's still BSIV stage we are in when Harrier is to be launched.

Since it comes in both petrol and diesel. 16L for petrol base?

Surely diesel would be costlier and in the territory of Jeep compass.

If the above pricing is true then the Harrier is right in the Hexa's territory. Will be interesting to see how the cross shopping happens.

Regards

Akash
That’s the reason why H7X is delayed

Coming back to the pricing as far as I know from the sources and the DIYcustomisation system, which Tata proposed.

I think there will be three base variants
Base 4x2 manual
Base 4x2 automatic
Base 4x4 Manual
And
4x4 automatic (launched later)

Now you can choose whatever you like to add and delete (diy/customisation option)

And if this is how it’s gonna happen then no one can stop Harrier to be an amazing segment or market first kind of stuff which by the way Tata is known for time to time ie compact sedan category, first Indian SUV etc

I have one suggestion for TML here, do it right and with ful power this time at the first go

Akash1886

Honoured Member
That’s the reason why H7X is delayed

Coming back to the pricing as far as I know from the sources and the DIYcustomisation system, which Tata proposed.
Post launch of H5X, Safari is going to be phased off in probability for atleast the civilian buyers and then only GS800 spec Safari storme will be there which is fine but until H7X comes, how much will be the sales volume of Hexa? As it is it sells between 500-1000 units a month and so by bringing in H5X the Hexa volumes are bound to get hit further and once the H7X comes, possibly then it will be curtains for Hexa.

I think there will be three base variants
Base 4x2 manual
Base 4x2 automatic
Base 4x4 Manual
And
4x4 automatic (launched later)
To me following variant line up feels more probable i.e XE, XM+ (4x2), XMA+(4x2), XZ+ (4x4). Post the response to Harrier, the XZA+ option with 4x4 will come. Providing a mid variant with AT at launch will be a good move because initially people will check out the XM+ and XMA+ and if the prices are very good i.e undercutting the competition by a substantial margin then mid variants will be high on demand being totally VFM. If we go by the expected pricing as mentioned earlier then I feel the mid variants will compete with lot of competitors across the SUV segment. Top Variant 4x4 with manual will be a well-bred off-road option and if priced well which I am sure is on the cards, it can be a runaway success.

And if this is how it’s gonna happen then no one can stop Harrier to be an amazing segment or market first kind of stuff which by the way Tata is known for time to time ie compact sedan category, first Indian SUV etc
Harrier has been and even now it is the most anticipated launch of beginning 2019. Going by what I have heard and seen, TML's body language in general has been very positive and aggressive towards Harrier. They are making sure to iron out every possible issue and testing it to the core. 2019 will be a busy year for TML.

I have one suggestion for TML here, do it right and with ful power this time at the first go
Absolutely. The entire clan of auto enthusiasts is waiting with bated breath for this one to arrive. In every Tata Launch which has happened post the unveiling of the name of H5x, always there has been a question or 2 about Harrier and the developments on it.

Regards

Akash

Post launch of H5X, Safari is going to be phased off in probability for atleast the civilian buyers and then only GS800 spec Safari storme will be there which is fine but until H7X comes, how much will be the sales volume of Hexa? As it is it sells between 500-1000 units a month and so by bringing in H5X the Hexa volumes are bound to get hit further and once the H7X comes, possibly then it will be curtains for Hexa.
I think once H7X is introduced, Hexa will go to fleet owners and it will be the best vehicle for them however a new BSIV motor would be required.

To me following variant line up feels more probable i.e XE, XM+ (4x2), XMA+(4x2), XZ+ (4x4). Post the response to Harrier, the XZA+ option with 4x4 will come. Providing a mid variant with AT at launch will be a good move because initially people will check out the XM+ and XMA+ and if the prices are very good i.e undercutting the competition by a substantial margin then mid variants will be high on demand being totally VFM. If we go by the expected pricing as mentioned earlier then I feel the mid variants will compete with lot of competitors across the SUV segment. Top Variant 4x4 with manual will be a well-bred off-road option and if priced well which I am sure is on the cards, it can be a runaway success.
This time the game would be different maybe the naming convention as well (XE, XM, XT) or maybe not. let's see
As the customization will make a new way out if done the way it was proposed and It would be a real game changer.

How Tata would manage the inventory remains to be seen and that's why Tata is going to put some premium on the price tag to make it a real flagship product and the logistics issue will be taken care of with that pricing.

Few things so far:

# Only Diesel Engine details got shared so might be introduced in Diesel only
# DRL's will be standard
# Infotainment system will be standard

Rest we will get to know soon

Wow Tata are really proactive and taking Safety as part of the launch which is great thing. Hope this is not internal test facility but the GNCAP facility where this test is conducted.
The Car is too beautiful to be crashed. They grey color also looks good. It will be stunning beauty to look at.

Hope it becomes chart buster and get numbers at par with leader. It deserves insanely high numbers. Wish the herds shed their mentality and accept this beauty with open minds.

Wow Tata are really proactive and taking Safety as part of the launch which is great thing. Hope this is not internal test facility but the GNCAP facility where this test is conducted.
The Car is too beautiful to be crashed. They grey color also looks good. It will be stunning beauty to look at.

Hope it becomes chart buster and get numbers at par with leader. It deserves insanely high numbers. Wish the herds shed their mentality and accept this beauty with open minds.
Hope [:)] however its the internal test facility as the stickers & decals are of Tata Motors not GNCAP

Still happy to see the approach and leak done may be fro TML it self to gauge the market responce and a clear info what to expect before the prebookings opening

One concern, somehow I dont liked the Alloys as its not giving the feel as it should to a premium & flagship product as was the case with Hexa
Tata bring in the diamond cut alloys or gun metal shade atleast, may be diffrent alloys for diffrent trim levels

Well one Reason for the early booking could be that Harrier is going to come up with high level of customization so probably after booking the customers may be asked for their customization requirement. Probably that would help the Tata manage the inventory and get better idea of what people are requesting as part of customization.

A very good idea I would say.

Top of the line harrier with 6 airbags and full safety kit would be costing under top end Hyundai Creta.Sources says it would be placed around 16.5 to 17L OTR.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata HARRIER bookings open today​

Mumbai, October 15th, 2018: To cater to the growing popularity of the Tata HARRIER, Tata Motors has commenced bookings of its much awaited SUV, staring today. Born of legendary pedigree, the Tata HARRIER is based on the revolutionary architecture, derived from Land Rover’s legendary D8 architecture on which over 1 million SUVs have been sold worldwide. Customers can book the HARRIER with an amount of INR 30,000 on www.tataharrier.com or visit the nearest Tata Motors authorized dealership.

According to Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors -“Since its showcase as a concept at the Auto Expo 2018, the HARRIER has made huge waves amongst the SUV lovers. With the rising excitement and consistent demand from our discerning customers to book the HARRIER at the earliest and be amongst the early ones to receive deliveries, we have taken a conscious decision to open bookings in the festive season. With Turnaround 2.0, we have already begun our journey towards winning sustainably in the passenger vehicle business and we are confident that with the introduction of this new class leading SUV, we will only soar higher.”

Offering exemplary driving dynamics, this 5-seater monocoque SUV has been extensively tested for a cumulative distance of 2.2 million kms, showcasing its mettle to wade through the toughest of terrains. Powered by the 2.0L KRYOTEC cutting- edge diesel engine, the vehicle delivers exceptionally refined drivability and performance. Harrier will be the first product to sport the Impact 2.0 Design language from Tata Motors. It will offer extraordinary exteriors, intelligently designed luxurious interiors, future ready connectivity and infotainment.

Marrying an extremely robust legendary architecture to the power- packed performance of KRYOTEC, the Tata HARRIER promises to set new benchmarks for SUVs with its launch in early 2019.
Regards

Akash

Already I have read that around half a dozen automotive heads, have booked Harrier and seems lot of traction on booking of Harrier. Showrooms in Pune have quoted March -April as dates for delivery of Harrier. I would say Harrier seems tone getting right response. Wonder how many TAIgers have booked their new beast?

Read that Prerna motors Blore has received around 20+ bookings, 7 booking reported in TBHP, Heard that Concorde Pune has received around 15 Bookings. As of now, Harrier seems to have begun on a perfect note. For car expected to be north of 15L OTR this is indeed very good news. Hope this sustains for days to come.

Last edited:
Finally a replacement for Manza.
Dear Hyderabad members, please suggest a good dealer in Hyderabad to confirm my booking preferably near Patancheru.
How about Venkataramana motors?
Venkatramana are good dealers. I have had a good experience with them when my friend was purchasing neon XZ+ last year. Very knowledgable, helpful folks out there.

I was servicing my Storme in Venkatramana service center in Kondapur, that was also good. So all in all I would suggest you Venkatramana.

Top Bottom