Pre-Purchase Queries: New Car For Rs.40 Lakhs

Thanks respected members. I doubt they will reply but I will send mails anyways. Few damage photos https://i.imgur.com/GDrXLX7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LQ9pG03.jpg

Coming to the warranty, service package part, as a customer would you advice me to go for the same. Some of you owned a superb as mentioned in the earlier posts. What do you recommend from your experience?
Looks NOTHING... How about trying out a product like the one given in this TAI thread (link)? In post # 33 there, one member has said, "One can remove a scratch only if some paint is remaining. in cases of deep scratches the only solution is repainting". Going thro' the thread will give you more ideas.

About the 2nd part, I leave it to Skoda owners to reply, of course. Good luck.

Thread Starter #63
@vijay_968
Went to the dealership and enquired about the service package. It includes 4 free services for 4 years or 60000 kms whichever is earlier, labour is not covered including tyre and battery. Say the air filter or some other component needs to be changed then it will be covered under this. They weren't interested in answering my queries considering all what had happened. There was a family who came to take their octavia after servicing, the dealership was suggesting them to change filters, they said that there is no need even if there is then they will do the same in summers. So, the dealership mentioned in their book that filter not changed inspite of recommendation. If we do not purchase this package then service will cost around 12-14k. Should I go for this package then?

@vijay_968
It includes 4 free services for 4 years or 60000 kms whichever is earlier, labour is not covered including tyre and battery. Say the air filter or some other component needs to be changed then it will be covered under this... Should I go for this package then?
Had a chat with Vinayak Skoda guys. They are always nice. Excerpts:

1. 15,000km / 1 Yr FIRST Service is FREE. All over India.
  2. After the 1st Service, regular Service interval is every 15,000km or 12 months. For THIS, you can take AMC for Rs. 15 K per year. This will cover ALL Labour Charges; but consumables are charged EVEN under AMC. Parts will be replaced, if covered under warranty. If not, they are chargeable.
  3. If you want that "4 years/60,000 km" AMC, you have to drop an e-mail to serviceunit2@vinayakcars.com with your car details. From that they will know "where you are from" and may loose interest. Better tell them that you are shifting to Mysore. BTW, for this call, I already transferred you to Mysore [lol]
As this AMC is applicable all over India, why don't you try with couple of Dealers within 300 km ?

kkn13

Suspended
One thing is for sure, 14k per service is average for 1st or maybe 2nd year
After that costs will definitely go up going by my own personal experience with my Superb

Opt for the service package imho , max to max, youll end up saving 20,000 if we go by roughly 15k x 4 = 60,000 if you dont opt for it

Just ensure you get a signed/written/ email list of terms and conditions and what is covered and what isnt so as to avoid conflict later on

Just be a bit cautious when dealing with the dealers, ensure you always have proof /document everything for future so that tomorrow they cant wash their hands off a certain part change by saying it wasnt in the service package

Try and use email to Skoda headquarters when confirming these things so that they are in the loop

Thread Starter #68
@vijay_968
Thanks Sir.

1. 15,000km / 1 Yr FIRST Service is FREE. All over India. But as per this dealership there is no free service, even the first one is also to be charged.
  2. After the 1st Service, regular Service interval is every 15,000km or 12 months. For THIS, you can take AMC for Rs. 15 K per year. This will cover ALL Labour Charges; but consumables are charged EVEN under AMC. Parts will be replaced, if covered under warranty. If not, they are chargeable. For the 1st service too the interval is 15000km or 12 months. Consumables as in? I was told that parts like ac filter, air filter etc. will be replaced for free if needed.
  3. If you want that "4 years/60,000 km" AMC, you have to drop an e-mail to serviceunit2@vinayakcars.com with your car details. From that they will know "where you are from" and may loose interest. Better tell them that you are shifting to Mysore. BTW, for this call, I already transferred you to Mysore [lol]I can tell them that I am transferring from my state to Mysore not an issue, but they will ask for the vin/s.n. of the car which will be an issue.
As this AMC is applicable all over India, why don't you try with couple of Dealers within 300 km ? This dealership has a monopoly in our state. Within 500 kms I will find them only. If you check thoroughly mostly for Skoda cars, except few states there is only a single dealer operating in most of the states.

@kkn13
Thanks Sir.
One thing is for sure, 14k per service is average for 1st or maybe 2nd year
After that costs will definitely go up going by my own personal experience with my Superb
The costs of which parts/packages to be precise?

Opt for the service package imho , max to max, youll end up saving 20,000 if we go by roughly 15k x 4 = 60,000 if you dont opt for it
You are right. Was your first service free as mentioned by Vijay ji above?

Just ensure you get a signed/written/ email list of terms and conditions and what is covered and what isnt so as to avoid conflict later on
Just be a bit cautious when dealing with the dealers, ensure you always have proof /document everything for future so that tomorrow they cant wash their hands off a certain part change by saying it wasnt in the service package
I don't think the dealership will give that in writing or in the email.

Try and use email to Skoda headquarters when confirming these things so that they are in the loop

They are least interested in replying.

@kkn13
As per this calculator the first year's cost is being shown, so that means that it is not free
Å*KODA | Service Cost Calculator

And check this
Å*KODA | FAQs
What is ŠKODA Maintenance Package and how long is it valid for?
ŠKODA recommend service interval of 15000 Km or one year whichever comes first. The ŠKODA Maintenance Package covers four services offered over a span 4 years / 60,000 Km whichever occurs first. It is inclusive of spare parts replacement and labour charges as per ŠKODA norms, but excludes wear and tear parts if any.

Thread Starter #69
@vijay_968 @kkn13
Hello Sir,
Seeking your valuable inputs in the above post.
Also The dealer told me that in the amc packages the things that are covered are- air filter, diesel filter(mine is a petrol, is there a petrol filter?), engine oil, coolant topup, engine rust protection(isn't this covered under the 4 year warranty), labour, washing, dry cleaning. Worth to buy it?

@vijay_968 @kkn13
Hello Sir,
Seeking your valuable inputs in the above post.
Also The dealer told me that in the amc packages the things that are covered are- air filter, diesel filter(mine is a petrol, is there a petrol filter?), engine oil, coolant topup, engine rust protection(isn't this covered under the 4 year warranty), labour, washing, dry cleaning. Worth to buy it?
Hmmmmm, bit tough to answer. I didn't opt for extended warranty for my Verna; it is a no-nonsense Hyundai after all. But, had I bought the Skoda Rapid (my 1st choice), I would have bought such an option.

I would recommend you to get the AMC, as labor is included. It gives some sort of peace of mind. Sorry for the late answer; I thought Skoda owners would comment.

Top Bottom