Pre-Purchase Queries: New Car For Rs.40 Lakhs

Thread Starter #46
Dear All,
What is FNG?
And please check the attached photo, a friend of mine from some other city sent me this. Does it mean that everything under essential accessory kit will be provided? It has more or less the same items as posted at the teambhp forum. Also what is drive assure? I am more interested in that return to invoice(vehicle replacement) point.
Many thanks

Attachments

FNG - Friendly Neighborhood Garage. Meaning, NOT the official service centre [;)]

Everything under essential accessory kit WILL BE PROVIDED, if Rs.24k is included in the on road price.

Drive Assure : Insurance coverage to the 100% value of parts including Alloy Wheel(s)

Unable to comment on the "return to invoice".

Thread Starter #48
FNG - Friendly Neighborhood Garage. Meaning, NOT the official service centre [;)]

Everything under essential accessory kit WILL BE PROVIDED, if Rs.24k is included in the on road price.

Drive Assure : Insurance coverage to the 100% value of parts including Alloy Wheel(s)

Unable to comment on the "return to invoice".
Thanks Sh. Vijay. So, no navigation as per the above image, very sad. The dealer is still saying only few mats, other things I need to buy, called him today he had no idea about insurance. I don't know where to complaint as Skoda's customer support is not even replying.
They are giving me insurance by national insurance company. Is 100% value of parts going to be mentioned on the policy? Return to invoice means that in case of total loss they are supposed to provide the maximum amount as mentioned on the invoice, this is as per YouTube. Let me ask them and get back here.

Thanks Sh. Vijay. So, no navigation as per the above image, very sad. The dealer is still saying only few mats, other things I need to buy, called him today he had no idea about insurance. I don't know where to complaint as Skoda's customer support is not even replying.
They are giving me insurance by national insurance company. Is 100% value of parts going to be mentioned on the policy? Return to invoice means that in case of total loss they are supposed to provide the maximum amount as mentioned on the invoice, this is as per YouTube. Let me ask them and get back here.

Pls read Point # 4, in my post #34 in this thread. Navigation is available in Superb and is part of the Central Console Display. You can ask the Sales team to give a Demo.

If "Zero Depreciation (ZD)" is mentioned in the Policy, 100% value of parts is assured in the event of damage.

About the "Return to Invoice (RTI)", it is an extra option given by the Ins.Co, against additional payment. Under this, even your Road Tax amount and Insurance Premium are supposed to be covered. I don't know, if your Insurer is willing to give you this.

Both, ZD and RTI are available for an extra premium, for upto 3 years or so. Just endure these options are ticked.

All the very best.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Im sure navigation should be complimentary
If not, dont worry Android Auto is much better as it offers Google Maps

On Board navigation is a waste imho

Also Type R , you proved my point why certain brands are better than the others
While JLR,Volvo cars are tougher to maintain outside in FNGs,
Audi, BMW, Mercedes , Skoda are a relative breeze. If you dont like the service, you can always service them in FNGs no problem

FYI I actually adviced OP to go for Superb or BMW + BSI if not Camry, so keep calm, Im perfectly unbiased unlike some making assumptions

OP has made a good choice with Superb, Ive owned one in the past and I even told him about my positive experience with the car overall
You sir are great at contradicting yourself only. I never mentioned any of my post that JLR or volvo is tougher to maintain in FNGs. If being unbiased is showing all the negatives and then saying that you have shared positive experience then sorry sir I am very biased then.

And yes to OP, android auto is better than built in navigation because i think that unit is from MapMyIndia. A friend has on his MY17 Octavia.

Hi akop.4040
It has been 35 days since your last post. Just bumping to know the current status. How did the purchasing process go ?

PS: Got a call from Skoda guys, today. I told them the buyer will arrive in India by end Feb 2018. They are gonna call me again then [;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53
@kkn13 @vijay_968 @akash1886 @type-r

First of all accept my sincere apologies for not replying or updating you all. I went through a pathetic experience. Got the delivery in the first week of January itself.
There is only 1 dealer of Skoda in Punjab, since this dealership has the monopoly so they harass everyone. The internet is full of complaints. These people booked a diesel car for me. When I paid my last cheque I called the sales guy to confirm the delivery date, he told me to pay the full amount first. When I said that I have paid it he said 2.40 lacs is pending. When I asked how he sent me the quotation with the tdi model mentioned on it. I straight away went to their store and asked about it. They said that I have booked the diesel variant. They started telling me that I am lying or I must have got confused between the tdi and tsi variant. Anyways they did nothing for another 5-6 days. Then I told them to refund the money as bank was pressuring me to submit the invoice. Again their response was that we will look into the matter. They started telling me benefits of the diesel one like better mileage, bigger engine etc. They also said that they will deduct around 10-20% amount if I ask for a refund. They kept on harassing and wasting my time. I called Skoda India cc for like 1000 times, kept on sending mails every day but they didn't do anything except saying that I should talk to the dealership. So, I was ready to go to the court. Then a friend of mine gave me the number of the North head of Skoda India who has his office in Delhi-NCR. I called him and told him about this, his reply was that this dealership does the same thing to everyone and assured me that he will look into this. I was very angry with the dealership but decided to go for the car since the North head was assuring me the right car, the petrol one, at the agreed price. So, he made some calls and voila I got the car. I went to the dealership and used some very harsh words for the way I was handled by them. They didn't say anything, now I regret saying that because for the initial 4 years warranty I will have to go to the same dealership for the servicing and they might mess up some parts and charge me unnecessarily. Is there any way to make sure that it doesn't happen? Now the north heads number is switched off from the past 2 weeks. I wanted to thank him for his help.

- My car is a dust magnet. Whenever I remove the cover, I clean it with the cloth I ordered from Amazon, AmazonBasics Microfibre Cleaning Cloths Pack of 12: Amazon.in: Car Motorbike (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B013R7Y1SE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but the guard in the parking lot told me that since the cloth is not cotton, I will end up scratching the car since I am cleaning the dust without water i.e. dry cleaning. Is that the case? How to prevent these?
And any remedy/tips for the car standing under covers during rainy season?

I bought a formula 1 wax but haven't got any time to use it so far. What other products should I buy for keeping the car clean? Shampoo, vacuum etc.
I won't swear by the cover too, so please suggest me a good one which is good for the exteriors.
A friend of mine is telling me to go for a ceramic coating since it is a new car. What are the benefits of this coating? Does it really prevent all scratches and swirls?

Please give me some tips to avoid scratches and swirl marks.

Coming to the car, the drive is great, features are good, the mileage is only 8 kms as of now ha ha. The family loves it what more can I ask for.

I wholeheartedly thank you all once again for all your help and advice.

Last edited:
...Got the delivery in the first week of January itself.
... the North head was assuring me the right car, the petrol one, at the agreed price. So, he made some calls and voila I got the car.
...Coming to the car, the drive is great, features are good, the mileage is only 8 kms as of now ha ha. The family loves it what more can I ask for.
All is well that ends well. Congrats for getting a great car. Just enjoy it and wish you Millions of Happy Miles.

I use a "long brush with soft bristles to clean dust from my car". It is available in Departmental stores and also on Traffic Signal Junctions in major . It's gentle on the windshield too. Daily cleaning is done by our Apartment Security with Baniyan (hosiery) cloth. Going good for me.

I'll leave other experienced members to comment on rest of your queries.

Thread Starter #56
@vijay_968
Sir, need an advice. Wife was backing up the car. An idiot in wagon r hit our car and it got all scratched up in the back. The dealership quoted me 55inr after negotiation to fix the same and told me that the warranty will become void if I get it repaired from the outside. Since my experience with them has been horrible so this way they will overcharge me at the time of every service. There is 4 year warranty on the car, no free service. I have not bought the service package for 50k. Should I go for it? A friend of mine who has octavia also told me since I shot mails to the heads of skoda so the dealership will definitely charge extra during servicing. What exactly is covered under this service thing of 4 years which is 4 years or 60000 kms whichever is earlier to be exact.

@vijay_968
Sir, need an advice. Wife was backing up the car. An idiot in wagon r hit our car and it got all scratched up in the back. The dealership quoted me 55inr after negotiation to fix the same and told me that the warranty will become void if I get it repaired from the outside. Since my experience with them has been horrible so this way they will overcharge me at the time of every service. There is 4 year warranty on the car, no free service. I have not bought the service package for 50k. Should I go for it? A friend of mine who has octavia also told me since I shot mails to the heads of skoda so the dealership will definitely charge extra during servicing. What exactly is covered under this service thing of 4 years which is 4 years or 60000 kms whichever is earlier to be exact.
Firstly, Calm down, as this is just an Aesthetic point and not a Critical point. Beware, the above line is written by one who spent only ₹ 10.64 lakhs for Verna. You have to look at from ₹ 40 Lakhs perspective. I can't.

1, Send mail to Skoda HQ attaching "the pictures of damage" and the ₹55K quote received from A$$ for repair.

2. Measure the area required for the Paint job and ask Skoda HQ, the "Man Hours required" and "Labour Rate" to paint this area. We can find out if their paint shop guys get more than a State Govt's Governor's Salary.

3. Inform them about the "warranty will be void" threat. Ask them to justify, as this is just a Paint Job, if they too sing the same tune.

Most likely they will respond after repeated mails. Keep annexing "Reminder-1, Reminder-2 etc" in each mail.

BTW, Call Skoda help line, and get clarifications about what all are covered under 4 Yrs/60,000 km warranty.

Good luck.

PS: I'm composing from my mobile. Last time i did that, pictures of Android, Apple, Sathiya Nadella ended up in my post. Sooooo, Typo and any other errors if present, are regretted.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59
Definitely take a pinch of salt, shoot off mails to Skoda heads confirming everything before the go ahead
Firstly, Calm down, as this is just an Aesthetic point and not a Critical point. Beware, the above line is written by one who spent only ₹ 10.64 lakhs for Verna. You have to look at from ₹ 40 Lakhs perspective. I can't.

1, Send mail to Skoda HQ attaching "the pictures of damage" and the ₹55K quote received from A$$ for repair.

2. Measure the area required for the Paint job and ask Skoda HQ, the "Man Hours required" and "Labour Rate" to paint this area. We can find out if their paint shop guys get more than a State Govt's Governor's Salary.

3. Inform them about the "warranty will be void" threat. Ask them to justify, as this is just a Paint Job, if they too sing the same tune.

Most likely they will respond after repeated mails. Keep annexing "Reminder-1, Reminder-2 etc" in each mail.

BTW, Call Skoda help line, and get clarifications about what all are covered under 4 Yrs/60,000 km warranty.

Good luck.

PS: I'm composing from my mobile. Last time i did that, pictures of Android, Apple, Sathiya Nadella ended up in my post. Sooooo, Typo and any other errors if present, are regretted.
Thanks respected members. I doubt they will reply but I will send mails anyways. Few damage photos https://i.imgur.com/GDrXLX7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LQ9pG03.jpg

Coming to the warranty, service package part, as a customer would you advice me to go for the same. Some of you owned a superb as mentioned in the earlier posts. What do you recommend from your experience?

Top Bottom