Number of Problems in Brand New Toyota Etios

Did you know about Lexus. Have you ever heard about it ?
Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corporation.
Okay what's the price of 'Premium Merc' in US in INR. It's only half the price than in India. Toyota Lexus range starts from Merc S class range and you are telling Toyota is not a premium brand. Funny :lol!:

Dzire is only a tail fitted on swift then why it is so much costlier than Swift? [anger]
A Lexus is not a Toyota though made by the same manufacturer. And comparing both as one would be like comparing milk and cow manure,[lol] And again what I said is in direct response to what you said about the Camry being priced as such, And that people are actually not paying for the badge but for the duty inccured through additional taxes and duty.

Last edited:
A Lexus is not a Toyota though made by the same manufacturer. Its like comparing milk and cow manure,[lol] And again what I said is in direct response to what you said about the Camry being priced as such.
Camry is not meant for Etios Customers. It is for people who want to be 'a class apart' like Merc ads says. So work hard for being to be in that class. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Camry is not meant for Etios Customers. It is for people who want to be 'a class apart' like Merc ads says. So work hard for being to be in that class. [thumbsup]
Few minutes ago you were saying something about Toyota being a Premium Manufacturer, What happened to that now all of a sudden?[lol] You seem to agree that the Etios is not meant for people who want to be classy and is not a premium car.

Last edited:
Few minutes ago you were saying something about Toyota being a Premium Manufacturer, What happened to that now all of a sudden?[lol] You seem to agree that the Etios is not meant for people who want to be classy.
Etios is not in the class of Camry but much classier than Dzire.[cheers]
Toyota is a premium brand and it's Lexus series will arrive in India within one year.

zengetz

Suspended
Okay what's the price of 'Premium Merc' in US in INR. It's only half the price than in India.
The pricing in UK/US is tad lower compared to what you pay in India but the biggest difference is - In India you pay a high cost for the car and a fixed Life tax and ongoing insurance.

Its the other way around in UK - you can pick up a Merc or a 'lexus' for a low price but you pay road tax every year and insurance premium every month which is way too high compared to India.

Buying a car is easy over there but keeping it street legal to drive is expensive (Not talking about maintenance here at all).

Being said - a man dressed in a suit wears a diamond ring, gets out of a Camry or the 'Altis' people think he's got money.

A man in his worst attire steps out of a Merc - All doors open up.

Japanese car is just that – a Japanese car – it doesn’t bring much prestige. To be considered rich and successful and to be looked up to, you have to have a German car, a BMW or, even better, a Mercedes-Benz.

Japanese car is just that – a Japanese car – it doesn’t bring much prestige. To be considered rich and successful and to be looked up to, you have to have a German car, a BMW or, even better, a Mercedes-Benz.
Still you are not aware of the Lexus Series. The Sheikh's in Arab countries always prefer a Lexus than a Merc or BMW. They are considered to be the most prestige lovers.

Thread Starter #98
For higher quality you should pay more. Just choose Altis for higher quality and forget about Etios.

Had you ever think about why people are paying 20L + for Camry and 40L for Mercedez. Toyota Badge is precious too. ie: one need to pay some premium for getting that badge and to say "my car is a Toyota" [evil]
If this is the case Toyota ETIOS should not mislead people by saying it is Q clss which Toyota defines as QUALITY CAR in the TVC and Internet marketing campaigns whereas by the time it reaches customers it becomes QUESTIONABLE QUALITY CAR.

Please ask Toyota to remove terms like Quality, comfort , Luxury, Space, Style, Performance from their ad campaigns. Your statement proves that ETIOS does not have any luxury and only Altis has that.
I have driven many vehicles irrespective of brand, sedan or hatchback, I found that Toyota ETIOS is the most crude vehicle in terms of comfort and luxury. Toyota ETIOS design is like kid's design.
Toyota has not lived upto the commitment to honor the value of its badge and your comments that "One need to pay some premium for getting that badge and to say "my car is a Toyota".
If I take your comments seriously, I am forced to think that TKM-Toyota India is fiddling with the image of TMC Japan by producing substandard products and branding and badging it with Toyota also selling poor quality products at higher prices.
Indians deserve much better than this.
Come on Toyota Wake UP before it is too late.

zengetz

Suspended
Still you are not aware of the Lexus Series. The Sheikh's in Arab countries always prefer a Lexus than a Merc or BMW. They are considered to be the most prestige lovers.
I am well aware of the Lexus brand having traveled across the world. Also really, sheikhs who are really wealthy prefer to be seen in a Bentley or a Rolls with a convoy of Mercs atleast.

Thread Starter #100
Unlike Swift, Dzire is the most ugliest car in India and unlike Vista, Manza is like a box with four wheels. Does these vehicles have a car's shape??? [anger] Can we call these cars a Sedan?? A nice design itself should get a premium.

Never compare quality of Etios to Innova's. Innova is double priced than Etios. [:)]
A car must be complete in terms of comfort, performance , style, luxury. Please understand that we are not buying ETIOS truck from Toyota, it is a personal car. And personal cars have comfort, luxury and good interiors as inherent property. I have paid the price what Toyota asked me and I deserve the Quality now.

Toyota is cheating Indians and your defense is exposing Toyota's false image to us.

Toyota is known for reliability and performance only but I regret that ETIOS is Toyota's biggest mistake and not accepting it would prove to be very costly for the brand.

After buying ETIOS and facing problems, now all other vehicles look very attractive and decent to me except Toyota ETIOS.ETIOS is a waste of money. This is my second car and I feel that I should have invested this money in some property instead of wasting my money in Toyota Badge which is not worthy.

I want my money to be refunded by Toyota.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #101
Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corporation.
Okay what's the price of 'Premium Merc' in US in INR. It's only half the price than in India. Toyota Lexus range starts from Merc S class range and you are telling Toyota is not a premium brand. Funny :lol!:

Dzire is only a tail fitted on swift then why it is so much costlier than Swift? [anger]
Even Toyota ETIOS Liva looks like a tail cut from the Toyota ETIOS, then that may be the reason for very less price difference.

Thread Starter #102

Toyota is basically a TAXI company making passenger cars.In any country where Toyota is selling we will find Toyota cars as TAXI.

Even in India also.[drive]

Toyota is basically a TAXI company making passenger cars.In any country where Toyota is selling we will find Toyota cars as TAXI.

Even in India also.[drive]
A car running well as Taxi means that car is of good comfort, cheap maintenance cost and fuel efficient. That's what taxi guys prefer and people who call a taxi will always give first preference to Toyota vehicles for it's great comfort. eg: Innova,Qualis or even Altis [glasses]

But how can you call Toyota a Taxi company. :mad:
Toyota is a premium brand and i think the only brand that common people book cars for it's reliability. :tongue:

Unlike Swift, Dzire is the most ugliest car in India and unlike Vista, Manza is like a box with four wheels. Does these vehicles have a car's shape??? [anger] Can we call these cars a Sedan?? A nice design itself should get a premium.
Thats why Ugliest cars has hit the charts unlike Etios.Moreover it looks like a soap box on wheels

Never compare quality of Etios to Innova's. Innova is double priced than Etios. [:)]
Price factor is not compared but the company's signature and design should be present in the so called high quality cars

Oh then Dzire is good for hard working,because you get all the features you earn but in the case of etios

A car running well as Taxi means that car is of good comfort, cheap maintenance cost and fuel efficient. That's what taxi guys prefer and people who call a taxi will always give first preference to Toyota vehicles for it's great comfort. eg: Innova,Qualis or even Altis [glasses]

I dont understand that the maintenance cost is cheaper

But how can you call Toyota a Taxi company. :mad:
Toyota is a premium brand and i think the only brand that common people book cars for it's reliability. :tongue:
yes its reliabilty made many people suffer from their health problems

You win[thumbsup]

Yes i do know the production costs involved in a car. The reason why we are getting Ferrari's and Bmw's for a premium is just because of the tax structure here in our country. Agree Bmw and Ferrari's are probably built with even more quality materials too. If not for the tax a Bmw 3 series will be available maybe a only little costlier than an Altis. Do you think people will prefer a Toyota or a Bmw then?

And secondly if Lexus is owned by Toyota then it doesn't mean Toyota will be having the same comfort and luxury of a Lexus! From your statement it means a Bugatti Veyron will be having the same quality of a Polo just because they are owned by a same group!

Top Bottom