Number of Problems in Brand New Toyota Etios

Dear Pals,

Thanks a lot. I thought of replacing my i10 Kappa (Hatch pack) to Etios (Sedan).

By reading all your feelings, decided not to buy any toyota car.

Thanks once again.[thinking]

Dear Pals,

Thanks a lot. I thought of replacing my i10 Kappa (Hatch pack) to Etios (Sedan).

By reading all your feelings, decided not to buy any toyota car.

Thanks once again.[thinking]
I never tried the etios as I am in UK for sometime. But here we have two toyota hatchbacks, the Yaris and the Auris. They are both excellant cars with exceptional build quality, the best hatches I know about in fact.

I never tried the etios as I am in UK for sometime. But here we have two toyota hatchbacks, the Yaris and the Auris. They are both excellant cars with exceptional build quality, the best hatches I know about in fact.
Yes the Toyota cars are excellent when it sells in well developed countries ,but not in India(especially Etios,except other models) mainly because they brought it just to make large profits by taking the essential parts and giving us a nonsense SEDAN with a TOYOTA brand in it.

I had booked Etios V petrol on the day of launch in Bangalore last year. The Sales person dilly dallied with my delivery date for more than 4 months. He had promised that I would get in 2 months time.

When I was fed up completely, I cancelled the booking and booked a Scorpio!

It was the happiest decision I made and I don't regret my decision till now [:D]

Re: Looking for a Entry level Diesel Sedan

For those speculating water leaking into Etios, take a look at this video which does a thorough test on this aspect.

ETIOS WATER TEST.AVI - YouTube

Yes, the additional gasket should have been given and yes, it will avoid the dust shown in the pictures, but all those stuff on insects and water seeping in are figments of imagination.

My Etios (GD model) clocked around 22,000 Km. Worst thing i feel for toyota is in small accident like bumper change they bloody breakdown car for 6-7 days[frustration]. Seriously in today's world time is most precious but dealer guys don't understand this. Personally i feel if car run on road minor accidents allways occur but for these humiliate customers.

It is beyond my comprehension why Toyota could not bring Yaris to India,such an awesome cars.
Probably they wanted to test etios platform in India, with least govt control they were sure it would be a winning deal here

Today is 7th day for my etios car in workshop for repairing minor accident still service guys convince me for two more days. I will never buy any of toyota product again.
What is the part being changed/repaired? were you given an estimated delivery date when you left the car for repairs?

freakdude.

I can identify with your problem. Battery of my Liva drains in no time. I am more and more inclined to belive that this has got something to do with the car's electricals than the Exide battery. How disappointing![anger]

I can identify with your problem. Battery of my Liva drains in no time. I am more and more inclined to belive that this has got something to do with the car's electricals than the Exide battery. How disappointing![anger]
Do you have any aftermarket fitments in the car, like, HIDs, Ausio system, Fog lamps, Central locking etc. Any of these could also be the cause of battery drain if the install is improper and their is a leaking current.

freakdude.

I had asked for a test drive for Etios Liva on 19-Sep 2012. Talked to the SA and had decided on sometime later in the week. He was supposed to call before coming.
He did not call and I had practically forgotten about it. Received a SMS today that TD has fixed on 3-Oct at 2 PM.

Question is are they really so busy?

I had asked for a test drive for Etios Liva on 19-Sep 2012. Talked to the SA and had decided on sometime later in the week. He was supposed to call before coming.
He did not call and I had practically forgotten about it. Received a SMS today that TD has fixed on 3-Oct at 2 PM.

Question is are they really so busy?
the problem with etios being the car offers low margins to the SE, so maybe in a bid to look for a better customer, they might not be that prompt to entertain your query.

the fact is apart from etios and maybe the corolla and camry, their other product namely innova and fortuner have more sales and maybe better margins for the dealers.

Top Bottom