New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz Spotted in India

I also say dream.
Its a dream Honda too...[clap]
And after launch if I'm not satisfied with it then am surely considering a Elite i20 .

This is an ugly car, just like the previous Jazz and the current Honda City (though the latter still looks decent). It's the Mallika Sherawat to the Elite i20's Deepika Padukone. I'm waiting for Hyundai to launch the latter in an automatic avatar (and hopefully bring back the Asta (O) trim).

This is an ugly car, just like the previous Jazz and the current Honda City (though the latter still looks decent). It's the Mallika Sherawat to the Elite i20's Deepika Padukone. I'm waiting for Hyundai to launch the latter in an automatic avatar (and hopefully bring back the Asta (O) trim).
Aryaysh, hope you agree that looks are totally subjective and everyone might not share the same view as you do.

Calling a car "ugly" and comparing it with a person is totally uncalled for. That is pretty much insulting everyone who actually like the looks of the car.

I can totally understand your love for Hyundai cars but that does not mean you can demean the love of others towards the cars you mentioned ugly. Hope you understand.

Aryaysh, hope you agree that looks are totally subjective and everyone might not share the same view as you do.

Calling a car "ugly" and comparing it with a person is totally uncalled for. That is pretty much insulting everyone who actually like the looks of the car.

I can totally understand your love for Hyundai cars but that does not mean you can demean the love of others towards the cars you mentioned ugly. Hope you understand.
Correct, fully agree with you Vignesh.

No one has termed Jazz as ugly car, everyone liked Jazz for its unique design. Though it is true that who like Hyundai dont like Honda & vice versa. Hyundai cars also looked ugly until i10, Fluidic Verna came.
Though no matter what way you look at, there isn't a car like Jazz. Everyone praised the car when it was launched in 2009, the only complaints were High Price & Lack of Diesel Engine, apart from these there weren't much suggestions from customers. If priced well it'll be the 2nd Best Selling car in its segment after Swift which will be hard to beat since MS has tonne of Dealers across country, but those who know what kind of car Jazz is, they'll wait till they get one.

In November 2014 issue of Autocar India, they have mentioned that prices will start from under 5 lakhs. I think they might be true there, because in 2009 they had driven Old Jazz in Thailand and said that it wont be cheap and will likely be Most Expensive Car in its segment, and they estimated price to be 7 lakhs. Honda launched Jazz in June 2009 priced at 7 lakhs.
In that way we might see the Jazz launched in the range of 5-7.5 lakhs.

Last edited:

I also say dream.
Its a dream Honda too...[clap]
And after launch if I'm not satisfied with it then am surely considering a Elite i20 .
Yes, it is a dream Honda!!! [:D]

Im hopeful of the RS version as they have given one for Mobilio, with the projectors + a different grill + some additions to the exteriors. I just wish they give the bigger engine + CVT for the Jazz RS version. If they are gonna sell that, I am already sold [lol]

In November 2014 issue of Autocar India, they have mentioned that prices will start from under 5 lakhs.
In that way we might see the Jazz launched in the range of 5-7.5 lakhs.
Well bro, I dont think the top end of Jazz will fall below the 8 L mark and if it does, it will disappoint us in the features front. I dont mind paying extra if it is actually worth. And how do you like the idea of a fully loaded RS version with a bigger engine??

Hyundai cars were real ugly ! Remember the Old Santro ? What a piece of crap it was ! Matiz looked better.I wish the Jazz will be priced under the 8 lakhs range.if it was and if it becomes a Hit,I will be damned by what happened with the Chevy Optra SRV ! Not to tell,Jazz is in the list of my most favorite Hatchbacks with Matiz and the SRV.Hope Honda prices it right,Gives an RS Variant and a 1.6 DOHC Petrol Engine

Last edited:

Im hopeful of the RS version as they have given one for Mobilio, with the projectors a different grill some additions to the exteriors. I just wish they give the bigger engine CVT for the Jazz RS version. If they are gonna sell that, I am already sold [lol]
I think Honda might launch RS Jazz and might five it City's 1.5 Engine with Manual & CVT Gearbox. Honda had said that Jazz RS will also be considered I Mobilio RS shows good demand. I think Mobilio RS is doing well, seeing them daily. So chances are there.
Honda might also place the RS variant as the top of the line version with Projector Headlights, Body kits, spoiler, Sunroof, Black Interiors. I wish Honda also provides Lane Watch Camera. Base variant might be E while S will be Mid, expect either V/VX as Top end variant and RS as the Fully loaded one.

Last edited:

I think Honda might launch RS Jazz and might five it City's 1.5 Engine with Manual & CVT Gearbox. Honda had said that Jazz RS will also be considered I Mobilio RS shows good demand. I think Mobilio RS is doing well, seeing them daily. So chances are there.
Honda might also place the RS variant as the top of the line version with Projector Headlights, Body kits, spoiler, Sunroof, Black Interiors. I wish Honda also provides Lane Watch Camera. Base variant might be E while S will be Mid, expect either V/VX as Top end variant and RS as the Fully loaded one.
Wow Nishant, I have some company then [clap]

Yes, I guess the Mobilio RS has gained a lot of attention and resulted in good demand. If Jazz RS is introduced, it should definitely have Projectors + body kits and Darker interiors. Sunroof would be nice to have but can do without it also. Lanewatch camera, I am not sure how useful it will be, at least in Indian cities. Who follows lane discipline here?? [lol]

Yes, of course. Why does that even need to be said?

Calling a car "ugly" and comparing it with a person is totally uncalled for.
No, it's not. It's a simile, a figure of speech. There's nothing "uncalled for" about it.

That is pretty much insulting everyone who actually like the looks of the car.
No, it's not. I could call the car the love child of Shrupnakha and Rajnikant and no one should feel the slightest bit insulted by it (except maybe its designers). It's a forum, it's meant for discussions and for airing opposing points of view.

I can totally understand your love for Hyundai cars but that does not mean you can demean the love of others towards the cars you mentioned ugly.
Dude, lighten up. It's a box of metal and rubber, it does not have feelings.

Hope you understand.
I seriously don't.

As for those of you who're saying that Hyundai's cars used to be ugly too, how is that of any relevance at all? The thing that matters is that they aren't now. We can only compare the Jazz of 2015 with the Elite i20 of 2015. Who gives a damn about what came before? And if Hyundai was making ugly cars today, I would be comparing the Jazz to some other car. I don't get this brand loyalty nonsense.

Yes, of course. Why does that even need to be said?
I had to say that because there is a difference between "The car is ugly" and "I dont like the looks of the car". You used the former and the latter is the right way of putting it in a public forum as a responsible poster.

No, it's not. It's a simile, a figure of speech. There's nothing "uncalled for" about it.
Definitely uncalled for as you are insulting the car and a person Mallika Sherawat by calling both "ugly". There will be a lot of people who find Mallika more beautiful than Deepika??

A simile IMO should be based on facts and not on someone's personal and private preference.

No, it's not. I could call the car the love child of Shrupnakha and Rajnikant and no one should feel the slightest bit insulted by it (except maybe its designers). It's a forum, it's meant for discussions and for airing opposing points of view.
It is my dear friend. Try repeating this dialog that "The ugly Honda looks like the love child Shurpanaka and Rajinikanth" to a fan of Rajini and the Honda designer. The you will know who gets insulted more [:)]

As someone who likes the looks and design of the car, I guess have the right to protest when you called it "ugly". I would not even have responded even if you mentioned that you found the looks of the car disgusting. What I want to tell is - Please dont post your personal views assuming them to be facts.

Dude, lighten up. It's a box of metal and rubber, it does not have feelings.
It might not have feelings, but dont we have? I guess all of us here are people who love their machines and love good machines. Nothing wrong in being in love with a car or brand IMO.

I seriously don't.
If you dont want to, I cant help much. But I wish you do.

As for those of you who're saying that Hyundai's cars used to be ugly too, how is that of any relevance at all? The thing that matters is that they aren't now. We can only compare the Jazz of 2015 with the Elite i20 of 2015. Who gives a damn about what came before? And if Hyundai was making ugly cars today, I would be comparing the Jazz to some other car. I don't get this brand loyalty nonsense.
I dont agree with anyone who has called Hyundai cars ugly as well. I know a lot of people who loved how Santro looked.

But if you can bring in the previous generation Jazz and call the current generation Jazz as ugly as the previous one, why do you get agitated when someone compared the pre-fluidic versions of Hyundai??? Brand loyalty you claim to be non-sense?? Anyways, I dont want to make this a brand war.

We all have personal likes and dislikes. Let us agree to respect each others views.

I’m in the market for a premium hatchback right now and am strongly leaning towards the i20, but I stalled my decision because I wanted to wait and see what Honda offers with the Jazz. Honda’s superior driving dynamics are a major draw for me, but the equipment list, looks and quality of interiors are equally important. The i20’s driving dynamics are quite a bit better than my Verna’s, though not nearly on par with Honda.

I hope Honda launches this thing in March 2015. And I really really wish that the Jazz looks less like someone stretched the car horizontally in an earlier version of Photoshop when you see it in person. When I look at the side profile and that big, garish chrome moustache up front, it frustrates me that a car with such a fantastic engine has been saddled with such a ridiculous body.

Oh well, gotta wait for four months, I guess. I hope both cars are available in automatic versions by then.

@Aryayush,
Firstly, Jazz driving dynamics is better then i20. Interiors of Jazz will be similar to the City which look & feel good. And it'll likely be loaded with equipment because it's rivals are feature packed.
Jazz will be launching in March probably. It wont be launched this year, that's for sure.
If you have not seen Jazz, see it as it doesn't have the chrome grill like that on City, instead it gets a Gloss Black Grille. If you can wait, Jazz is an excellent option. Otherwise, i20 is the current pick in that segment.

IMHO, the earlier gen Jazz has impressed EVERYONE that has ever got into it. It is spacious inside; something close to a sedan. IIRC, it was built on one of their sedan platforms and in many markets it was priced at par with the City. Soooo, ... Honda priced it close to their Sedan ... and pressed the self destruct button. Will they AVOID pressing the Button this time?

In Honda's India specific designs, THAT button is a RELAY, which gets activated by Power-ON switch. Where is the damn wall ? Ya, found it [frustration].

I’m in the market for a premium hatchback right now and am strongly leaning towards the i20, but I stalled my decision because I wanted to wait and see what Honda offers with the Jazz.
Well buddy, we are on the exact same boat. Im also in the market for a premium hatchback.

Currently Elite i20 is the only car that is reasonably powered and has good interior space with a decent boot. Polo is an excellent car but the rear bench space is too low to my liking. Only Jazz can beat i20 in space and it also has excellent engines. I am also looking for auto box and I wish Honda gives a good auto box to Jazz.

I hope Honda launches this thing in March 2015. When I look at the side profile and that big, garish chrome moustache up front, it frustrates me that a car with such a fantastic engine has been saddled with such a ridiculous body.

Oh well, gotta wait for four months, I guess. I hope both cars are available in automatic versions by then.
Just hope that Honda launch it early next year. I cant wait indefinitely for it [confused] Already waited for 8 months. Can wait for 4 more.

When I look at the side profile and that big, garish chrome moustache up front, it frustrates me that a car with such a fantastic engine has been saddled with such a ridiculous body.
Just like Nishant pointed out, the front mustache is not Chrome in any overseas market. But you never know how Honda plans to give it to Indian market.

Top Bottom