New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz spotted in India

Jazz will be launched in March 2015.

Watch this to know Honda India plans. Basically for now they would concentrate on City, Amaze and Mobilio.
Ya, Jazz will come in March 2015. City Diesel Automatic would do wonders. I think Honda is waiting for City sales to drop to launch Diesel AT.

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz Spotted in India

While Honda have decided to move production of City to Tapukara, it will help further for Honda to keep coats down of Jazz. While the City has achieved 90% localization, the Jazz currently has achieved 72% which will only increase if Honda finalizes Tapukara as the plant for Jazz. Since both are based on same platform, share components, i expect Jazz to be priced a lot cheaper then City. Indian's also perceive that Sedan is more premium hence we'll see difference in price of Jazz this time. I would be very surprised if Jazz undercuts the upcoming Elite i20. If that happens, then Jazz will be the "Blockbuster" of the year IMO. I am very tempted by this car as old versions negative's have been resolved and will be waiting for every bit of details that come in near future.

Slightly OT, This is my 300th Post on TAI, its been wonderful 25 months for me

Last edited:

Honda to delay Jazz launch
Very much disappointed hearing this news [anger]. I had decided to wait for almost an year overlooking Grand i10 and Elite i20 just for the Jazz. I was so much in love with this car. March 2015 was acceptable for me, but further delay means I will have to go for some other car. [frustration]

I do not understand how the Mobilio exceeded expectations in spite of the very high price. Also figures over the last couple of months does not reflect Honda's statement. I wish Mobilio number fall further and they launch Jazz sooner.

Very much disappointed hearing this news [anger]. I had decided to wait for almost an year overlooking Grand i10 and Elite i20 just for the Jazz. I was so much in love with this car. March 2015 was acceptable for me, but further delay means I will have to go for some other car. [frustration]

I do not understand how the Mobilio exceeded expectations in spite of the very high price. Also figures over the last couple of months does not reflect Honda's statement. I wish Mobilio number fall further and they launch Jazz sooner.
Although the delay might not be much, expect it to launch sometime in middle of the next year. It was planned for launch in March 2015 but that has now been postponed a bit.
Production constraints the reason for delay might be a valid one because the 2 plants combined can produce 20000 cars/ month from now, as it was 15000 cars/ month before they started 2nd Shift at Tapukara Plant in Rajasthan.
Considering that both plants are running in full speed to meet the demand of existing models, the Jazz getting slightly delayed could be because of this demand.

Honda has clearly mentioned that it'll launch Jazz with slight delay, s so expect it in May/ June 2015.

Well Nishant, even though the delay might be just a couple of months, it looks huge to me considering that I have already delayed my purchase expecting Jazz to be launched in the 2014 festive season. I started looking out for cars and started my investigation arnd May 2014. Then it was speculated that Jazz will launch in the last quarter of the calendar year. Then it was delayed to the last quarter of the FY and then to March 2015. Further delay would mean I would not be having a new car even after an year of planning. All because the i10 and i20 did not really appeal to my heart even though it did to the head. Only the new Jazz has touched my heart and I dont feel like going to any other car without seeing it.
Further delay would mean I would have to listen to my head and leave the heart suffering.

Looks like Honda might launch Jazz in March 2015. The reason for the delay could well be be because, everyone was expecting it to be launched before December. But when Autocar India confirmed March launch, the news about the Jazz being postponed to next year is mentioned everywhere.

Conclusion - Honda might launch Jazz in March 2015 itself,
Popular websites like Autocar, Overdrive, Zigwheels etc, haven't confirmed so far.

Jazz is set out to become Segment leader. With introduction of diesel engine its certainly the best car in segment and with honda's badging you cannot ask for more. Hope they dont carry the Amaze crappy Interiors to jazz and should give up-market interiors in jazz. Pricing is the key. 2015 belongs to 4 cars its the Jazz, Hyundai ix25, maruti XA alpha and Mahindra S101 even though they are from different segment. Intresting to see how the interiors will be in facelift version of Amaze.

Jazz is set out to become Segment leader. With introduction of diesel engine its certainly the best car in segment and with honda's badging you cannot ask for more.
It will be really tough for Jazz to become the segment leader. Jazz will most probably be more expensive than even the i20 and hence the most expensive car in the segment. Rather than being the segment leader, I expect it to be a niche product selling a max of 1500-2000 units per month. Honda also anticipates the same and hence the delay in launch and preference is being given to more profitable cars like City and Mobilio.

Hope they dont carry the Amaze crappy Interiors to jazz and should give up-market interiors in jazz.
Jazz will definitely not have the interiors from Brio / Amaze / Mobilio. Jazz will have interiors and features similar to City as they belong to the same platform.

Definitely pricing will be the key and there is very low chance that Honda will project this as a mass-market offering. If I understand correctly, the production cost of City and Jazz will not be much different, the difference in pricing will come from the Excise benefit + smaller engine (for petrol) and 5 speed gear (for diesel) + Margin cuts [lol]

In this case, I would prefer a RS version with the 1.5 L petrol engine + manual / CVT which will be a real hot-hatch for Indian market [clap]

I expect the Jazz to be priced between Brio & Amaze. So 5 to 7.5 lakh is my guess. Honda doesn't want to make mistake it did last time. While Jazz & City are of same platform, Honda will save costs as City is 90% localised. Hence expect Honda to price competitively this time around.

@SiriSiri888,
Amaze facelift might get just different coloured interiors, I don't think it'll get new interiors. We haven't seen spy shots of facelift yet, so no information regarding what changes have been made. Even if Honda launches it, I expect it to be after Jazz next year.

It will be really tough for Jazz to become the segment leader. Jazz will most probably be more expensive than even the i20 and hence the most expensive car in the segment. Rather than being the segment leader, I expect it to be a niche product selling a max of 1500-2000 units per month. Honda also anticipates the same and hence the delay in launch and preference is being given to more profitable cars like City and Mobilio.
[clap]
I beg to differ here, Over last few years Honda has shifted its attention more towards mass market. Also, now marketplace is totally different from what it was during Jazz's first launch. Now we have cars like Hyundai i20 elite which can be head-on when it comes to design - which was considered unique during Jazz first launch.

Last financial year Honda sold 1.1 lakh cars in India and plans to reach 3 lakh by 2017. Certainly they would expect Jazz to garner some more numbers

Over last few years Honda has shifted its attention more towards mass market.
I agree to the fact that Honda has shifted more to mass market. But let us not forget that there is quite a dip in quality too. Even in City, the gave a whole lot of features for a very minimal price hike but the quality control took a hit.

Also, now marketplace is totally different from what it was during Jazz's first launch. Now we have cars like Hyundai i20 elite which can be head-on when it comes to design - which was considered unique during Jazz first launch.
Yes, the marketplace is very different now. There is good demand for premium Hatchbacks.

But how will that enable Honda to keep Jazz's price lower? It is very clear that in the overseas markets Jazz is priced similar / more to City. Honda has also mentioned that cost to manufacture City and Jazz are pretty similar.

That is why I mentioned that the difference in the price of Jazz and City will be Excise Duty + cost diff of 1.2 L and 1.5 L for petrol engine and Excise Duty + cost diff of 5 speed and 6 speed gearbox for diesel. The additional price difference will be the amount of margin Honda is willing to sacrifice.

Another way to reduce price is to skip features provided in City. If features in City are provided in Jazz also, the price difference cannot exceed 2L. That will in turn make Jazz the most expensive hatchback. Any further difference will come from reduction of features + further dip in quality.

This is my analysis of the whole scenario and that is why I feel Honda is not very keen in launching Jazz soon. They want to milk more profitable models like City and Mobilio.

Rather than all this, I personally would prefer Jazz to be a niche model which is high in quality and features - a True Premium Hatchback [:)]

Very much disappointed hearing this news [anger]. I had decided to wait for almost an year overlooking Grand i10 and Elite i20 just for the Jazz. I was so much in love with this car. March 2015 was acceptable for me, but further delay means I will have to go for some .......
Same here bro [frustration].
I am also quite long waiting for the same vehicle since really long.
Hope it comes with quite many good suprises .

Expecting it to come with dark interiors [:)]

I agree to the fact that Honda has shifted more to mass market. But let us not forget that there is quite a dip in quality too. Even in City, the gave a whole lot of features for a very minimal price hike but the quality control took a hit.

Yes, the marketplace is very different now. There is good demand for premium Hatchbacks.

But how will that enable Honda to keep Jazz's price lower? It is very clear that in the overseas markets Jazz is priced similar / more to City. Honda has also mentioned that cost to manufacture City and Jazz are pretty similar.

That is why I mentioned that the difference in the price of Jazz and City will be Excise Duty + cost diff of 1.2 L and 1.5 L for petrol engine and Excise Duty + cost diff of 5 speed and 6 speed gearbox for diesel. The additional price difference will be the amount of margin Honda is willing to sacrifice.

Another way to reduce price is to skip features provided in City. If features in City are provided in Jazz also, the price difference cannot exceed 2L. That will in turn make Jazz the most expensive hatchback. Any further difference will come from reduction of features + further dip in quality.

This is my analysis of the whole scenario and that is why I feel Honda is not very keen in launching Jazz soon. They want to milk more profitable models like City and Mobilio.

Rather than all this, I personally would prefer Jazz to be a niche model which is high in quality and features - a True Premium Hatchback [:)]

Why would Jazz impact the sales of City and Mobilio.
Anyways between top end model of Jazz and lower end model of City there will not be huge difference may it be polo and Vento or Swift and Ciaz

Wouldn't Honda try to emulate Hyudai i20 elite ?

Same here bro .
I am also quite long waiting for the same vehicle since really long.
Hope it comes with quite many good suprises .

Expecting it to come with dark interiors
Hahaha...Bro, I too have lot of expectations (or should you call it dreams) about Jazz. The most extreme one is RS version with 1.5L i-VTEC + CVT + dark interiors + Projector headlamps - This will be one super cool car.

Why would Jazz impact the sales of City and Mobilio.
No, I did not tell that Jazz will impact City or Mobilio sales. But production capacity and wait times will be impacted, right? Honda can produce a maximum of 20000 cars per month. Assuming they make 3000 Jazz per month, that will reduce some number of City + Mobilio + Amaze (which are more profitable than Jazz).

So, I think Honda is not keen on launching Jazz (which will be a risk considering high cost + low profit + already a failure model) by reducing production + increase wait time on more profitable models.

Anyways between top end model of Jazz and lower end model of City there will not be huge difference may it be polo and Vento or Swift and Ciaz

Wouldn't Honda try to emulate Hyudai i20 elite ?
City E MT petrol is 7.19 L and diesel is 8.38 L ex-showroom Delhi. It is doubtful if Honda will give top-end Jazz for a price very less than this. If they do, that would have very less features compared to City V MT and also will have more compromises on quality. Emulating Elite i20 will be very tough for Jazz IMO [frustration]

Top Bottom