My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello Dr Mudhan,
I am posting after a long time.First of all I must thank you for your information on alloy wheels at a discount price.As I was looking for alloy wheels at that time I took your advice and contacted other Honda showrooms in Hyderabad.Green honda did not bother to answer,Sundaram Honda people said they did not heard about the discount,only Pride Honda people were courteous.Their response was promt, and they even blocked the alloy wheels for almost 15 days.

As I was going to Hyderabad on my way to Ahmedabad I gave the car to them for alloy wheels and also for routine servicing.During that time I asked whether they had any other accessories.They showed me rear ducktail spoiler.I asked what is the price?They said it came only as a package with sill plates and along with the sill plates it costed a whopping 17,000.I said I cant take that at that price,and enquired about the modulo front grill.They had it but the cost was too high at 17,000. I decided to skip that also.Thats ablout the alloy wheels story.I must again thank you for that.I opted for 5 alloy wheels.

Then for the spoiler like you I contacted concept cars in Kerala.They said they cannot sell things in retail,and I have to contact the dealers of their products.They gave one address in Guntur which is the nearest city to me.I enquired there and they quoted 5,500 for rear spoiler.So i skipped it.When I was searching for the spoiler I found one at performance zone,Delhi.Their price was 2,000.I thought it was a good deal and immediately ordered after confirming it with the concerned person.It came to me after 1 week and I am satisfied with the quality of the product.They had the modulo front grill also,but I did not dare to order it without confirming the quality of the product.Their price for front grill was 8,000.In retrospect I think I should have ordered the front grill from them.

After this a call came from Pride Honda people.They said that the front grill is available at a discount price of 14,000.I thought for about 10 minutes and said O.K I will take your front grill but you must send it to me after paying the money.They said they cannot send it to me directly,and any one person must come .I sent my cousin who was in Hyderabad to collect it.He parceled it to me.I gave the car to a garage in Guntur,so that they can fix the front grill,paint the spoiler and fog lamp covers at a time.

Now almost all my intended modifications are over and the car looks beautiful to me.

Thread Starter #227

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Excellent write up on your cleaning/shining schedule sir. Never knew that white is the famous car color before reading this post.
I initially thought you liked the character "Albus Dumbledore" from HarryPotter and thus you named the car. Did not know the Latin meaning.
It is great to see a person taking such good care of the car. Truly reflects your effort in the pics you have uploaded.
Thanks venkythaniks for your nice words, and especially for you for having gone through my article word by word.

Hello Dr Mudhan, I am posting after a long time.First of all I must thank you for your information on alloy wheels at a discount price... Then for the spoiler .. the front grill.. Now almost all my intended modifications are over and the car looks beautiful to me.
Thanks Doctor,drdoddapaneni You are welcome. I am happy that you could make it.
Please post few pictures as we are excited to see your car with those modifications.

Last edited:
Hey drdoddapaneni, its nice to read about your mods. Kindly post some pics for those mods so we can get better idea and looks for that.

Thread Starter #229

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir it looks great on the alloy, If you can post more pics for that with full car in picture will give more better idea for that. [:)]
Dear HaruH, as agreed earlier to you I am posting some more pictures.

My ALBUS is undergoing exterior paint detailing process first time -

Shampooing
Claying
Cleaning & Polishing
Glazing
Sealing
Waxing
Maintenance by ONR/S & Spray Wax.

I am doing it myself though I am not a professional detailer. I hope you like the pictures. I shall be writing the step by step process I did it in my other thread
(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-exhaustive-guide-car-detailing-basics-2.html) soon. [:)]

ANHC WHITE 1.jpg

ANHC WHITE 2.jpg

ANHC WHITE 3.jpg

ANHC WHITE 4.jpg

ANHC WHITE 5.jpg

ANHC WHITE 6.jpg

ANHC WHITE 7.jpg

Last edited:
Dear HaruH, as agreed earlier to you I am posting some more pictures.

My ALBUS is undergoing exterior paint detailing process first time -

Shampooing
Claying
Cleaning & Polishing
Glazing
Sealing
Waxing
Maintenance by ONR/S & Spray Wax.
It's very nice to see your beauty again. I am very glad that you still remember my request, those wheel hub looks classy on white color I am doubtful how they will look on mine C. Red color.
Also waiting for your detailed process report eagerly on detailing as I am planing to do same in next month on my car.
As per your guidelines I have ordered Shark Fin Antenna from Aliexpress but unfortunately after 35 days also i didn't received it [frustration], hoping to get it soon. [:)]

Thread Starter #232

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Wow!The best Honda City thread and mods I have ever seen Mudhan Sir.
Thanks, Music_Swift for your visit to my thread and to understand that you have enjoyed.
It's very nice to see your beauty again. .. I am doubtful how they will look on mine C. Red color. …Shark Fin Antenna from Aliexpress but unfortunately after 35 days also I didn't received it [frustration], hoping to get it soon. [:)]
Red color / Crimson Red color hub cap would be a beautiful one for your car. Check tracking for the Shark fin antenna, whether reached India. Be patient, you will get it.

Red color / Crimson Red color hub cap would be a beautiful one for your car. Check tracking for the Shark fin antenna, whether reached India. Be patient, you will get it.
Can you please tell me from where you got those JEWELS?? as in your post didn't mentioned the source for those. So i can give a try for that.
No tracking information because shipment is done by China Air Post, only option is to be patient. [:)]

Thread Starter #234

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Can you please tell me from where you got those JEWELS?? as in your post didn't mentioned the source for those. So i can give a try for that.
No tracking information because shipment is done by China Air Post, only option is to be patient. [:)]
IMG_4740_zpsc1725eac.jpg

This is the one I suggested for you. Unfortunately the item is no longer available in e bay from where I purchased the black one. Keep searching by uploading this image through Google images, you may get it again.

China Mail definitely has tracking facility. Find out. To know more how to do it, please go through my thread: "Wait for it & Track shipping"
( http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...line-shopping-abroad-customs-formalities.html )

Thread Starter #237

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir got my Shark Fin Antenna, Thank a lot for your kind help in all. Here is the shot of my car with Shark Fin. [clap][:)]
More pics are posted in my ownership thread.
cannot wait for my shark fin antenna also...hopefully it will arrive soon...[:D] Thanks to you Sir.
HaruH, I understand your excitement. I had the same pleasant feeling when I received the SHARK FIN ANTENNA, after so much of research.
The quality of the product and the reception made me really happy.
Hope, you too!
Enjoy!!

After seeing the color of your car, I now feel whether the red color jewels match the wheel hub, we will find out something better.

AND

Sapidin, be patient. You will get it and post some pictures of your car.

It’s nice to get a little note thanking me for something I did.

Last edited:
HaruH, I understand your excitement. I had the same pleasant feeling when I received the SHARK FIN ANTENNA, after so much of research.
Hope, you too!
Enjoy!!

After seeing the color of your car, I now feel whether the red color jewels match the wheel hub, we will find out something better.

AND

Sapidin, be patient. You will get it and post some pictures of your car.

It’s nice to get a little note thanking me for something I did.
Your thread is so beautiful for the HC owner...i'm glad that i found this forum even i'm not from India[clap]

Looking for a good car cover but the one from India cannot be post to my country..so sad.

Btw Sir, how to open the cabin lamp compartment since i'm planning to change it to white led...hehe

Hope, you too!
Enjoy!!

After seeing the color of your car, I now feel whether the red color jewels match the wheel hub, we will find out something better.​

It's all because f your thread and help only. Thanks a lot for that.
For jewels I am also thinking the same red once will not look good on the car. Meanwhile i have spotted Verna with likely my color wearing Black jewels so I think black one also looks good, but will search bit more on the same.​

Thread Starter #240

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Your thread is so beautiful for the HC owner...i'm glad that I found this forum even i'm not from India[clap]
Btw Sir, how to open the cabin lamp compartment since i'm planning to change it to white led...hehe
Thanks, sapidin

HOW TO OPEN THE ANHC CABIN LAMP COMPARTMENT​

Use a small tester screw driver, carefully insert into the small depth hole and pry out. Ensure the tester tip is not slipping out and damaging the plastic transparent cover. That’s all. Don’t forget to wrap the flat-tip screwdriver with a cloth to prevent scratches (Refer your car manual-replacing light bulbs-ceiling light bulb section)

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK:

Honda-Fit-Jazz-Overhead-Dome-Light-Bulb-Replacement-Guide-001

Honda-Fit-Jazz-Overhead-Dome-Light-Bulb-Replacement-Guide-002 (1).JPG

Honda-Fit-Jazz-Overhead-Dome-Light-Bulb-Replacement-Guide-003.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom