My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Dr.
Your thread is amazing. You took time and had the patience to put it down neatly.
The Honda City is like ,just out of showroom. Your ride is also impeccable.I saw one more thread of yours for cleaning cars.

The 2014 Honda does have some cosmetic change inside ,but all in all the 3rd generation can still keep its head high.To tell a few Rear AC vents, a touch screen climate control system, a 5-inch LCD infotainment screen and lots of glossy black plastics that give the new 2014 Honda City little apart from the old one. The main disadvantage with this car was under body scrapping on the umpteen number of humps in our cities. So GC have been corrected by modifying the suspension in the 2014 version.

Whatever said and done very happy to see your writing here.

Hello sir, You have written this thread so well that I couldn't resist myself and read it completely without any break. I can say this is one of the best thread for Honda City I've seen. You have shared lots of useful information, and we can see here how your Albus is growing gradually(add-on for Honda City).

Dear HaruH
Thanks to note that you & Figoian liked it.
I shall get you some better snap shots later, meanwhile I am posting the one I have.
Regards
Dr. MUDHAN
Thank you so much Dr. MUDHAN for your reply and for that pic. It looks cool on car, will wait for more pics on same. [:)]

Thread Starter #199

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr.
Your thread is amazing. You took time and had the patience to put it down neatly.
The Honda City is like ,just out of showroom. Your ride is also impeccable.I saw one more thread of yours for cleaning cars.
The 2014 Honda does have some cosmetic change inside ,but all in all the 3rd generation can still keep its head high.To tell a few Rear AC vents, a touch screen climate control system, a 5-inch LCD infotainment screen and lots of glossy black plastics that give the new 2014 Honda City little apart from the old one. The main disadvantage with this car was under body scrapping on the umpteen number of humps in our cities. So GC have been corrected by modifying the suspension in the 2014 version.
Whatever said and done very happy to see your writing here.

Dear generalmax

First I would love to quote the introductory words in your profile:

“Life takes different turns but the love for automobiles continued..”

- Yes, I liked it very much, you are absolutely right!

I too love it. Some even said I am obsessed. [glasses]

I don’t know whether it good or right and I do it without hurting anybody; of course not compromising with my professional or home life. I know my limitations. The best part of my life, God has given me some unique style and a sincere sharing mind with others.

Yes, I agree with you. I have noticed all those difference between ANHC 2009/11 vs ANHC 2014.
Fortunately, mine is ANHC 2013 and the GC is Ok as it is 5mm more than the other 3rd gen model. I never over load my ALBUS.

Thanks for your appreciation and for your visits to my threads.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Hello sir, You have written this thread so well that I couldn't resist myself and read it completely without any break. I can say this is one of the best thread for Honda City I've seen. You have shared lots of useful information, and we can see here how your Albus is growing gradually (add-on for Honda City).
Thanks, alfa alfa for your heartfelt appreciation.

I am amazed to note that you went through all of my articles without a break.
Sometimes, something interesting to us make us forget everything & would immerse us into the world of exciting information. Yes, my wife used to laugh at me that I have forgotten even her. [lol]

*****​

Thank you so much Dr. MUDHAN for your reply and for that pic. It looks cool on car, will wait for more pics on same. [:)]
OK, HaruH.​

Last edited by a moderator:
PART XVIII :

WHAT ABOUT THOSE COURTESY LIGHTS?

Thanks, Figoian for making me to share something about this topic.

BMV cars were introduced with these ‘courtesy lights’ as first in the segment.

Their kit includes - front centre interior light, vanity mirror lights, glove box, front map lights, rear reading, & foot wells lights, illuminating it from every angle.

The pure neon blue color makes the interior very cool and attractive, which makes the whole vehicle very distinguishable.

If the car has dual dome light and a map light, making them blue and complementing with under seat blue illumination would be awesome.

When we go for the aftermarket, we should be doubly careful about the quality of the light.

I feel the cheap led strip freely available in the market is worthless and unreliable.

We should go for a better one at least what is there below in the picture.

It must be easy to fix through cigar light socket, should be easily pasted without drilling or damaging the originality of the interiors & electrical.

Since the lives of these bulbs are unpredictable, we may have to remove or replace them later.

Isn’t it!
Nicely written review.Dr.Mudhan,have you received the same neon which one can connect with cigar light socket?if yes then pls post the link.

Thread Starter #201

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thread Starter #202

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXVI

ANHC BATTERY - MAKE IT TO GO ON & ON

On that day, my colleague’s ANHC 2011 model parked always next to my ALBUS, refused to start.

One word about that car, it is deprived of owner’s attention, runs hardly 15 to 25 kms per month and most of the days not even cranked.

He called me and said, “Doctor what’s the problem with my car, please help me”

I have a handy tool- the Electronic Battery Volt Monitor which I purchased online and I could spare sometime in the evening to help him.

I put the battery monitor into the 12v socket (cigar light) and switch on the ignition, it was showing 5 volt. Yes, the battery got drained totally.

We were discussing whether to jump start the car or removing the battery to send for external re- charging.

I understood that whatever effort is taken, it not going to serve him as he would again start and use the car only after 10 days or later. The battery is already very week and the OE warranty of one year was over and it is almost 22 months by now.

I told him to go for a better battery and advised him a short run periodically to maintain it.

He agreed and requested me to suggest a good battery and My Research Began......

Now I made a write up for you all.

After writing this post, I felt that it has come out so detailed and space limitations would never allow me to fit in everything here. Moreover the information shared are common to all car owners and so I have moved the details to our TAI - The Automotive Library section.

It covers the following:

1. ALL ABOUT NEW HONDA CITY BATTERIES

2. ABOUT CAR BATTERIES HAVING A BUILT-IN HYDROMETER - COLOR INDICATOR

3. FOR A CAR BATTERY THAT DOES NOT HAVE A BUILT-IN HYDROMETER

4. ABOUT SIMPLE, HELPFUL GADGETS AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET

5. ALL THIS JARGON – WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

6. TIPS TO MAKE YOUR BATTERY LONG LASTING:

Please do not miss it, I am sure you will find it interesting over there as usual!
Click over to go to my new thread:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-how-make-your-car-battery-go.html#post359794

Hope,you like it.
Regards
Dr.MUDHAN

Last edited:
Dr. Mudhan, Sir, Wow !! What a tread !! I was glued to your thread for a long time. Beautifully written. I am surprised how did i missed out this thread till now. Wonderful review.

@ Dr MUDHAN : Sir i wanted to ask you about 2 things

1) Fog Lamp Bulbs: I saw in one of your pictures the illumination of the Fog Lamp looks really bright and Whitish.

Now my question was, Is the Illumination of the Fog Lamps better than the stock bulbs or is it lesser than the stock.
Also are these bulbs by any chance available here in India or only Via Online booking.

2) Transformer Logo : On one of your other pictures i saw a transformer Logo below the side mirror on the left hand site of the door.
Where did you get it from?

Attachments

@ Dr MUDHAN : Sir i wanted to ask you about 2 things

1) Fog Lamp Bulbs: I saw in one of your pictures the illumination of the Fog Lamp looks really bright and Whitish.

Now my question was, Is the Illumination of the Fog Lamps better than the stock bulbs or is it lesser than the stock.
Also are these bulbs by any chance available here in India or only Via Online booking.

2) Transformer Logo : On one of your other pictures i saw a transformer Logo below the side mirror on the left hand site of the door.
Where did you get it from?
Yoy can have the same from ebay.Pls find the link for the same.http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313.TR8.TRC0.A0.Xtransformer+logo&_nkw=transformer+logo&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Last edited:
@swiftkolkata : Thanks a lot for sharing the information buddy. The Logo search has been resolved but yet have not been able to resolve the LED fog bulbs as i do not know which ones fit my car as the car has gone today for some Detailing Work and me out so will have to wait for monday to confirm and then place an order.

Thread Starter #208

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Dr MUDHAN : Sir I wanted to ask you about 2 things ...
Dear Sandykudva

1) Fog Lamp Bulbs:

Please refer my answers on 15th November 2013, 06:53 PM and other postings below that @ page 9 of this thread. You will get all these clarified. You can also refer pages 1 & 4 over fog lamps in this thread. It may not be available with local auto shops as it is not a common spare and the socket type varies with different fog lamp types, however check locally before ordering on line.

2) Transformer Logo :

It is nice that you have noted it. It is a good quality one, I purchased from Aliexpress, now not available from that seller. What I got : Chrome Plated Plastic (PVC) - Shiny alloy look emblem - Size : 70mm (L) x 70mm (W) x 3mm (T)) It is available in ebay.in now.
Before buying check the dimensions, eye design, normal or Decepticon type and order the one you like. Don’t go for size less than 70 mm for bigger cars like ANHC.

mudhan.jpg

Yoy can have the same from ebay.
Thanks, swiftkolkata for having reduced my work and immediate help by providing the link.

Thread Starter #209

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dr. Mudhan, Sir, Wow !! What a tread !! I was glued to your thread for a long time. Beautifully written. I am surprised how did i missed out this thread till now. Wonderful review.
Thanks, Nadkarni for your nice words. Keep visiting all my threads.​

Amazing thread. Read through all your posts and each post shows the passion and love for your Albus!!Thanks for sharing several useful links all along.
Thanks, mastiandroid for your expression of admiration.​

@ Dr MUDHAN : Sir i just ordered 2 of these from ebay.in just about an hour back. The dimensions are same as the ones you mentioned. Luckily the dealer is in mumbai so should get it by monday or so.
As of for the fog lamp bulbs will have to wait till i get the car in my hand to personally see the Bulb size i.e H1 or H7 or H11 and then palce the order for it.

Thanks for the help sir.[:D]

Top Bottom