Let's Talk About Bicycling!

Recently bought this Scott Sportster 50.

Here is complete breakdown:

Bicycle: 31000
Lock: 450
Sidestand: 850
Bottle holder: 200
Hand gloves: 450
Cycling Short: 999
Head/Tail Lamp: 430
Helmet: received as a gift from a friend [;)]

Total Cost as of now: 34379

Its been now around 2 months I am using this to commute to office daily (22 km total) and day by day I am enjoying my ride.
Before buying this I was very confused whether to spend 34K+ on a bicycle but after riding most of the sub 20K rides finally made my mind to buy this and I must say that its worth to spending extra amount on these cycles.

Attachments

Looks nice and the geometry of the frame is very good - perfect diamond frame!
How many gears? Looks like 26 speed.

@Sandeep- Who were your dealers?

I plan to buy within 20 days- either:

Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7. Or a LaPierre Audacio 200.

I'll have to import the latter though. Let's see! [:)]

@Sandeep- Who were your dealers?

I plan to buy within 20 days- either:

Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7. Or a LaPierre Audacio 200.

I'll have to import the latter though. Let's see! [:)]

I bought it from Pro Sports and Bikes, Prabhat road, Pune.

Your shortlisted bikes looks promising. go for any of it, you will enjoy your ride day by day.

Recently bought this Scott Sportster 50.

Here is complete breakdown:

Bicycle: 31000
Lock: 450
Sidestand: 850
Bottle holder: 200
Hand gloves: 450
Cycling Short: 999
Head/Tail Lamp: 430
Helmet: received as a gift from a friend [;)]

Total Cost as of now: 34379

Its been now around 2 months I am using this to commute to office daily (22 km total) and day by day I am enjoying my ride.
Before buying this I was very confused whether to spend 34K+ on a bicycle but after riding most of the sub 20K rides finally made my mind to buy this and I must say that its worth to spending extra amount on these cycles.
GREAT choice Sandeep!

Can you share more technical data on

- Front derailleur
- Rear derailleur
- body frame [is it a 6061 alloy]
- Front and rear shifters

I am planning to buy a bicycling around Rs.30000. I have thought of buying Mongoose Artery Comp [8x3 : 24 gears].

Does anyone know, Can I upgrade Acera derailleur to Alivio for both front and rear.
Mongoose Artery Comp has rear Acera and front Altus derailleurs. What would be the cost?

Upgrading is possible.

Who is your dealer? Speak with Surinder Cycles as regards to the modifications.

I highly recommend them. [:)]

350Z

Core Team
Firefox has rolled out X-CALIBER 8 29ER at a price tag of Rs.78,965. Sharing an excerpt from the press release:
X-CALIBER 8 29ER (MY2015) is perfectly modeled with a Frameset that comes in two sizes, 17.5 and 18.5”. The frame comprises Alpha Gold Aluminium w/semi-integrated head tube and mechanically formed and butted tubing. The Drivetrain consists of SRAM X5, 10 speed Shifters, KMC X10 chain, pedals with wellgo nylon platform and SRAM S800, 36/22 crank to name a few. Its Formula DC22 LW alloy wheels and Bontrager XR1, 29x2.20" tyres ensure a smooth and speedy ride. Other features like Seatpost made of Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, Bontrager Race Grips and threadless and semi-integrated Headset befitting the bike lend it a snazzy and stylish look.
Firefox - X-CALIBER 8 29ER.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, or if I should create a new one for it, but it seems the topic fits here.

I'm interested to buy a new cycle (MTB) under 20K, mainly for fitness/ leisure. Can someone with good knowledge about these suggest the best one? Requirements are just basics, it should be reliable, good looking and of course, good performance/comfort (what else do you need in a bicycle lol).

There are three brand which I've in mind:
Montra
Suncross
Firefox

Are there any other?

I'm 15 in a month and I'm 175 cm+, in case that matters.

Edit: Before that, I'd like to ask one question: Is cycling a really good workout/excersice? Is it worth to spend like 20K for a cycle? I know this sounds stupid after deciding to buy one, but still.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, or if I should create a new one for it, but it seems the topic fits here.

I'm interested to buy a new cycle (MTB) under 20K, mainly for fitness/ leisure. Can someone with good knowledge about these suggest the best one? Requirements are just basics, it should be reliable, good looking and of course, good performance/comfort (what else do you need in a bicycle lol).

There are three brand which I've in mind:
Montra
Suncross
Firefox

Are there any other?

I'm 15 in a month and I'm 175 cm+, in case that matters.

Edit: Before that, I'd like to ask one question: Is cycling a really good workout/excersice? Is it worth to spend like 20K for a cycle? I know this sounds stupid after deciding to buy one, but still.
Answer to the later two questions (looks and comfort) will come only by doing trial rides. Your body height and structure (e.g ratio of upper body to legs etc) will make a difference. Make sure you ride the cycle for sometime to get a feel of it.
There is lot of material on the web talking about bike fitting. One mentioned below Technique: Perfect mountain bike fit - BikeRadar.
Unfortunately cannot comment on reliability (no experience with these brands)

What is your definition of good exercise?
Yes cycling is a good aerobic exercise if done at right effort.

@edios,
Go for Montra Rock 1.1, its a good bike, on road and off road.
If you want local spare parts availability with no compromise in quality, look for Hercules Ryders Contour and Ryders ACT 110.

If you want some nice look and some aggressive riding posture bicycle, it is the BSA Mach 22. Remove the carrier, mudguards (dont forget to fix it back in monsoon season) and convert it as fixie (Read more about fixies here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-gear_bicycle).
Mach is like a fast convertible car, but it cannot take on off-roading. Will you take a Porsche 911 for off roading, no na?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
For my bi-cycle enthusiast buddies, Mercedes Benz ki Bi-cycle! Also my friend in Mercedes Benz showed me kid's bi-cycle(for 3-5 year old kid) that was worth Rs. 1 Lac+[surprise]. I though better is to give the child a money back insurance policy worth 1 Lac than to invest in a cycle.

20151014_194614.jpg

20151014_194447.jpg

20151014_194430.jpg

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom