Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

Thread Starter #76
Thread Starter #77

kkn13

Suspended
Re: New Hyundai Verna 2017 Arrives in August

New Verna looks more hotter than before.I feel this will give a good competition to Honda City and Maruti Ciaz and I feel Hyundai could have launched it before we bought Honda City in July.

Anyways,no regrets in buying Honda City as she is serving me well since last 3 weeks and what I'm getting is comfortable back seat over Verna and the features are almost same as Verna like sunroof,cruise control,6 airbags(already there in previous Verna).If I want to go for Verna(not now as we bought a Honda City and not planning to replace any of our vehicles for atleast 2 years),then I would go for Verna SX Diesel AT or Verna SX(O)Diesel MT by replacing the Innova(I know that the replacement of Innova would be another Innova or Fortuner but considering this as it has ample features for its price).

And,it is well featured than Creta by getting features like sunroof,ventilated seats and cruise control etc.
One Innova and City owner to another, I suggest keeping the Innova, it has truly unmatched comfort for our roads and having both these cars is best of both worlds , two of the same category is always boring imho from personal experience
There are times I prefer one over the other depending on my mood
Wait for more cars to enter Creta-->Tucson range imho

Spoke to dealer in chennai. Told me the vehicle will be up for display tomorrow and he added that the expected price for SX(O) petrol AT is 14L OTR chennai.

#NextGenVerna launch updates:
The @HyundaiIndia #NextGenVerna has been launched with prices starting from Rs 7.99 lakh ex-showroom Delhi
Petrol/Diesel in 6 variants, 4 manual, 2 automatic.

DH0VGMgVwAA17j5.jpg
DH0S7DeUQAAHHnH.jpg
DH0S6kpUMAAUOHR.jpg
DH0S5paVoAA1pX_.jpg
DH0Uhc9V0AEIqTV.jpg
DH0PvgdUMAEWIKg.jpg
DH0PvgbUwAAbSKs.jpg
DH0N4stUQAAP5V1.jpg
DH0WzMwXYAEu8cT.jpg

Last edited:

Hyundai launches the 5th Gen. Verna,

1.JPG
2.JPG
Capture.JPG

Starts at at pricing of INR 7.99 lakhs . aLL PRICES ARE Introductory for the first 20k Customers ONLY.

0.JPG
00.JPG

Last edited:

Ultimate survival test for all three cars : Verna ,City & Ciaz!

The facelift looks more like previous generation sonata ! cool.
Apparently the big question is how it would fair in the market?
A segment which holds a history to support only 2 cars at a time, now the major sales being enjoyed by CITY & CIAZ with an average of 4.5K to 5K for both !
Honda has been continuously updating & refreshing the CITY. Maruti seems like on a lazy attitude with lethargic powertrains & SHVS benefits.
Will it knock out CIAZ/CITY ? or will be a DOD or will cannibalise the siblings CRETA & i20?

Facts & figures on Hyundai & Verna:
*India is 3rd largest market for Hyundai after China and US. Contributed 14.5% to overall volumes in H1 2017,have sold a total of 3,72,982 units in the first half.
*Hyundai targeting 10,000 deliveries of new #NextGenVerna before Diwali.
*New #Verna gets eco coating tech in air-con evaporator for odour control which Hyundai says is a world first.
*All-new 5th generation #Verna built on new 'K2' platform comes 6 years after 4th gen model.
*Cruise control, smartphone connectivity, rear curtain, rear a/c vents, ventilated seats, sunroof, voice commands, 6 airbags in new #Verna.
*The company has so far sold 3.17 lakh units of the sedan in the country since the introduction of the model in 2006. Globally, around 88 lakh units have been sold.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

don't know what their strategy is [frustration]

EX and SX price difference petrol - 43000 rupees.
what you get extra in SX ( i should say so much extra )
1. electro chromic mirror
2. height adjustable front seat belts
3.projector headlamps + LED DRL plus Cornering Lamps
4. LED tail lamps
5. 16" Alloys wheels ( steel wheels in EX )
6. 7" touchscreen infotainment system ( 5" in EX )
7. Apple car play , Android Auto and Mirror Link
8. tweeters
9. electric folding outside mirror

SX and SX(o) price difference - 150,000 rupees.
this seems ok since there are many expensive features.
what you get exra in SX(o)
1. side and curtain airbags
2. smart key
3. chrome outside door handles
4. leather wrapped things
5. rheostat
6. rear adjustable headrests
7. artifical leather seat covers
8. auto link whatever that is.
9. ventilated seats
10. sunroof.
11.smart trunk
12. push button start
13. luggage hook and net.

Last edited:

We are looking to replace my Father's nearly 8 year old Honda City automatic with either Hyundai Verna Sx(o) automatic or Honda City CVT Vx or ZX trim. For safety I prefer the side Airbags but which in Honda is available only in the highly priced ZX, over 1 Lac more than Verna SX(O) Automatic. So If we went for Verna Sx(o) what would we lose out compared to City ZX?

We are looking to replace my Father's nearly 8 year old Honda City automatic with either Hyundai Verna Sx(o) automatic or Honda City CVT Vx or ZX trim. For safety I prefer the side Airbags but which in Honda is available only in the highly priced ZX, over 1 Lac more than Verna SX(O) Automatic. So If we went for Verna Sx(o) what would we lose out compared to City ZX?
I don't think you will lose anything other than that creamy VTEC engine.

With SX(O) Petrol AT - You will get 6 airbags, better build quality, awesome features which is in fact loaded to brim and better TC instead of CVT!

I haven't sat in the rear of new Verna yet, but from what I have seen, it looks like they improved the space and if the seat is not too soft or too hard, then you have a clear winner here!

At last the new gen Verna is launched. Hyundai has priced it right between Ciaz and City. The prospective buyers can now take a test drive and finalize their decisions.

I have received an invitation from my dealer that there will be formal opening ceremony of New Gen Verna today at 4:00pm at dealership.

All the best to New Gen Verna and Hyundai !!

Top Bottom