Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

I am the owner of this next gen Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(O) top end model

Car is loaded with great features and the engine is a gem but the availability of spare parts leads a lot to be desired. My two month old Verna met with an accident and the spare parts are not available today 17 days after accident.
While the car is good, the Hyundai Spare parts availability spoils the experience. Better to stick to Suzuki

I will be selling this car to buy the new facelifted Suzuki Ciaz on its launch.

While the engine is powerful and car is good, it does not come with the peace of mind of a Maruti. Please avoid the Verna and all the marketing gimmick Hyundai is doing around it
Surprising... must be a problem with the A$$, you are dealing with. One my close friends has a 15 year old Santro and it's cool to maintain it.

Mine is a Dec 2012 model and I gave my car in Mar 2016, to Trident Hyundai, Yeswantpur, B'lore. After "Body shop works, parts replacement (like Door, Wheel, Bumper, Mirror etc)", and Insurance Formalities, the Car was delivered on the 4th day after accident.

Talk to Hyundai Customer Care; the phone number will be in a sticker in your Car or in the Owners Manual.

kkn13

Suspended
I am the owner of this next gen Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(O) top end model

Car is loaded with great features and the engine is a gem but the availability of spare parts leads a lot to be desired. My two month old Verna met with an accident and the spare parts are not available today 17 days after accident.
While the car is good, the Hyundai Spare parts availability spoils the experience. Better to stick to Suzuki

I will be selling this car to buy the new facelifted Suzuki Ciaz on its launch.

While the engine is powerful and car is good, it does not come with the peace of mind of a Maruti. Please avoid the Verna and all the marketing gimmick Hyundai is doing around it
Must be a bad dealer, contact Hyundai India like Vijay suggested
In fact I feel peace of mind brands are Honda, Hyundai, Maruti and Toyota
Ford also comes close off late
I havent heard of anyone facing issues with ASC of the brands I mentioned

Especially given the 1.6VTVT and 1.6CRDI are common engines
Escalate the matter with Hyundai India imho instead of taking depreciation hit by selling and buying another car
Im sure its a dealer level issue

No peace of mind with hyundai. No spare parts availability as it is new car. Need curtain airbags, front airbags, fenders, front bumper, projector and fog lamps and radiator frame.

17 days and no spares. Terrible experience in advaith bannerghatta road.

Will never buy hyundai again

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No peace of mind with hyundai. No spare parts availability as it is new car. Need curtain airbags, front airbags, fenders, front bumper, projector and fog lamps and radiator frame.
17 days and no spares. Terrible experience in advaith bannerghatta road.
Will never buy hyundai again
What's the use of saying the same thing again and again ? 2 members suggested you to contact the customer care and you didn't even acknowledge their posts.

now visit this page , contact hyundai , escalate the problem , tell us what they did.

kkn13

Suspended
Yeah else dont worry, Im sure some experienced members here would be glad to help you out if all else fails
Hyundai India HQ is very responsive afaik

What's the use of saying the same thing again and again ? 2 members suggested you to contact the customer care and you didn't even acknowledge their posts.

now visit this page , contact hyundai , escalate the problem , tell us what they did.
I have already escalated and tweeted. No response other than that they will call me.

During sales process, I had complained that they got petrol vehicle for test drive instead of diesel and hyundai customer care responded after 5 days. They just shared my number with the dealership

Hoping to sell this off after a few months to get back to good old Maruti Suzuki. I paid 16 L on road in cash for premium experience. Hyundai is all about gimmicks like icoty for newly launched cars leaving buyers like me without spare parts. They can spend on new verna travelogues and advertising but not on supply chain for spare parts availability

It is difficult to understand what I am going through unless one's 1.5 month old new verna is waiting for spare parts for 3 weeks

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Like kkn said they generally don't take a lot of days to rectify the issue.
Send an email , many companies like tata and maruti didn't reply to my tweet but ford and renault did. Maybe hyundai too doesn't reply on twitter.
I have contacted them through email and i have always got a positive response.

CC the service manager when sending the mail to hyundai.

Like kkn said they generally don't take a lot of days to rectify the issue.
Send an email , many companies like tata and maruti didn't reply to my tweet but ford and renault did. Maybe hyundai too doesn't reply on twitter.
I have contacted them through email and i have always got a positive response.

CC the service manager when sending the mail to hyundai.
I have already done that. They have responded to me asking for my contact number. Based on past sales experience, they will share the number with the dealership

I am happy that your experiences with Hyundai has been good. Let us please not extrapolate it to everyone else. 17 days for spare parts to arrive and no spare parts availability is not a joke. I have every reason to be displeased with Hyundai. They should ship the parts first to existing customer and not to assemble new cars.

I have the full records of the shabby treatment meted out to the new Verna owner i.e. myself and I will be sharing all details in a blog or separate posts.

I have already done that. They have responded to me asking for my contact number. Based on past sales experience, they will share the number with the dealership

I am happy that your experiences with Hyundai has been good. Let us please not extrapolate it to everyone else. 17 days for spare parts to arrive and no spare parts availability is not a joke. I have every reason to be displeased with Hyundai. They should ship the parts first to existing customer and not to assemble new cars.

I have the full records of the shabby treatment meted out to the new Verna owner i.e. myself and I will be sharing all details in a blog or separate posts.

I read your story in other forums as well. Sorry to hear the massive damage you had. Even if its Suzuki or any other manufacturer, the critical spares like curtain airbags etc may take weeks, as it is not a regular spare with after sales than production run.
Don't tend to blindly blame a particular manufacturer, as it can happen with your next possession as well. As many said there is no point in repeating the same words as well, constant followup needed in our society!

Drive safe!
JVS

There seem to be lot of people facing problem with Hyundai spare parts:
https://www.carwale.com/m/hyundai-cars/creta-2015-2017/userreviews/46464/
https://www.consumercomplaints.in/h...rts-and-unavailability-of-technician-c1581493

My car is now grounded for 3 weeks without spare parts. I hear more than half the spare parts arrived and rest will take another week. Maybe 2 more weeks for repairs. Never buy a Hyundai

I read your story in other forums as well. Sorry to hear the massive damage you had.
JVS
The damage is actually not massive. No damage to engine or chassis. Just plug and play parts like:
a) Curtain and side airbags
b) Front and passenger airbags
c) headlight
d) fog lamp
e) front bumper
f) left and right fenders

These take 4 weeks to arrive at Hyundai for their iCOTY 2017 Verna. Surely, I can't be singing praises of the manufacturer (or should it be marketer?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously pathetic response. Is the car still at service station? Better check the car physically so that they dont replace your car’s existing working parts. Hyundai service need to improve and they need to be more transparent like Maruti where you can see your car being serviced.

Seriously pathetic response. Is the car still at service station? Better check the car physically so that they dont replace your car’s existing working parts. Hyundai service need to improve and they need to be more transparent like Maruti where you can see your car being serviced.
Thanks. Car is still at service station. The service station people are nice and have done repair work of the car but they are helpless as they need 2 parts that are not available in Chennai. They were planning to deliver as soon as those are fitted as it is an easy fit. Hyundai has put the spare parts dates as reaching Chennai on Jan 11 and Jan 16. Looks like their spare parts supply chain is totally broken for the next gen Verna. There are several such complaints on the twitter handle and the spares issue might be due to Mobis and for all cars. Car would have been ready in 2 weeks in Maruti including spare parts availability. Here the work on the car is 3-4 days and waiting time is 4 weeks already and I am being told 2-3 weeks more and Hyundai is helpless.

Shudders to imagine what would be the situation 5 years post purchase of car in case the car gets involved in a minor or medium accident or needs replacement of parts. The car is great and should run niggle free but in case of issues, you are helpless.

Luckily I have a Maruti at home and am using that. Else, imagine my plight. The worst part for me was that emailing hmil.net and escalating to them proved fruitless. They did not even follow up with me to check. Please think 10 times before buying a Hyundai Verna 2017. You buy a car not for its engine and features but for the overall experience

I am thinking that a VW Vento or a Skoda Rapid would have been better. You can get a DSG and a comparable engine for the same price as Hyundai Verna. Sad to see Hyundai do so many travelogues, marketing etc but not invest in getting spares quickly for existing Verna customers.

Last edited:
I am thinking that a VW Vento or a Skoda Rapid would have been better. You can get a DSG and a comparable engine for the same price as Hyundai Verna. Sad to see Hyundai do so many travelogues, marketing etc but not invest in getting spares quickly for existing Verna customers.
Really bad experience. Why you are not checking with City Honda?

Really bad experience. Why you are not checking with City Honda?
I need the current car back from service station before I can buy another car. I bought the Verna mostly for its amazing diesel engine. So VW Vento or Skoda Rapid seem like the only choices as VW/Skoda engines are comparable to Hyundai.

I avoided VW and Skoda initially because of their ASS and spares stories. My experience with Hyundai is that it is not any better. I found several other cases on the Hyundai official twitter handle where next Gen verna 2017 owners are complaining about spare parts. See here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2-hyundai-motors-india-promising-brand-2.html

Other than Maruti and Toyota, everyone else has horror stories. One of the reasons for buying Hyundai was that I was under the impression that it would be a notch or two below Maruti in terms of spares and ASS. Now I know it is several notches below

Top Bottom