Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Re: Hyundai's Mini-SUV (Ecosport Rival) Caught On Test

now that's a good looking vehicle from the stable if Hyundai to compete in Indian market

The Hyundai ix25 will be longer than four metres and will be a spacious SUV, sitting five occupants. The ix25 is based on the i20 platform, but there is no similarity to the hatchback. The ix25 will be a lot more premium and it gets the Santa Fe styling instead of the i20. The ix25 looks like a smaller version of the Santa Fe, be it front grille and the headlamp design. The front grille has several horizontal chrome slats and the headlamp looks sharp. There are day-time running LEDs that surround the head lamp. The side profile is a more muscular form of the i20, of course without the blacked out C-pillar and even the tail lamps have been evolved from the premium hatchback. The rear profile of the Hyundai ix25 looks very brawny with the large wheel arches.

The Hyundai ix25 is likely to hit the Indian market by late 2015, and this is likely to be around Diwali.

http://motoroctane.com/news/6506-hyundais-duster-rival-details-revealed
Hyundai

Last edited:

Read this on other blog
"Spoke to my service advisor of launch and he said that it is imminent and would be launched by February 2015. Engine options are 1.4 petrol and 1.4 diesel only for now."

If this is true then duster and terrano days are gone

Hope they launch it with competitive pricing to take on duster and terrano

Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-52-07-1.png

Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-51-50-1.png

Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-51-44-1.png

The production version might not be too different from this.
The SUV looks aggressive. Hyundai sure will have another winner in its stable. It would set foot in compact suv segment with this. The only other market left out is the MPV segment.

No doubt that the interiors will be top class and ahead of competition. Pricing is the key here. If priced sensibly, then Hyundai could take away a fair share from Ford and Renault

Last edited:

Spotted Testing vehicle last week in Opposite lane on NH4, While I was on the way to Chennai.

the grills look like New Santa FE.

Hyundai no doubt are the leading people in design.The design they come up with every time is Bang On.however the performance is what they need to concentrate and if this vehicle performs as good as it looks then sure the Duster Days are OVER

Hyundai confirms ix25 compact SUV for India

Earlier this year, we had reported that South Korean carmaker Hyundai was planning to enter the lucrative SUV segment in India. Soon after, the Hyundai ix25 was spotted on test runs in the country accompanied by the Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport. Now the company has confirmed that it will indeed be launching the compact SUV in India.

Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice-president, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India has confirmed that the company's global SUV, which translates to the ix25, will be introduced in the Indian market. The launch of the car is expected to take place in a few months from now. He also stated that the company plans to focus more one compact SUVs and crossovers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyundai-confirms-ix25-compact-suv-india

Hyundai is following Maruti's path of its launch of Crossovers/SUV's .
Following Maruti's S Cross Hyundai will relaese the ix25 - Both competing with DUster/ Terrano and XUV5OO. Maruti's S Cross will debut by March-15 while Hyundai's ix25 will come by June 15.
Hyundai has put in Rs 1,000 crore to develop the compact SUV, which is based on the ix25 SUV platform and is codenamed GS. The SUV will be built with 90% components sourced locally, which should help keep cost and price low
Next the crossover that Maruti is planning to bring. Maruti's XA Alpha / Maruti iv -4 will be showcased by the year end and expect to debut in early 2016. Hyundai too has plans of bringing a CUV to rival Ford's EcoSport.
The company has also decided to develop a crossover, either on the Verna or Elite i20 platform, with an investment of Rs 500 crore for India
In 2016 Hyundai plans to bring a MPV which will rival Toyota's Innova,Maruti's Ertiga and Honda's Mobilio. Though the Innova segemt is different , at this point of time it looks more of an Ertiga rival in the offing.
A multi-purpose vehicle in 2016, which will likely compete with the Maruti Ertiga, Toyota Innova and Honda Mobilio
Hyundai Motor plans to launch compact SUV - The Economic Times

Chinese site Auto 163 has posted a huge gallery of 133 hi-res pics of the ix25.

ÏÖ´úix25 2015¿î 1.6DLX 2WD AT×ð¹óÐÍ ×óÇ°45¶È-ÍøÒ×Æû³µ

some of the features i was able to understand from the website
-lengthXbreathXheight is 4270X1780X1622mm
-wheelbase-2590mm
-ground clearance-183mm
-top speed for 1.6L versions is 169km/hr and for 2.0L versions is 183km/hr
-tyre profiles 205/65R16 and 215/60R17
-fuel tank-60 litres

Attachments

Hyundai i20 Crossover, ix25 Compact SUV Spotted Testing in India

For last several months, we have been telling our readers about Hyundai's plans of launching the i20 crossover and the ix25 compact SUV, and today we have exclusive pictures of the car undergoing test runs. Spotted testing in Chennai, the pictures were clicked by our avid reader, Anant Pratap Srivastava, Though camouflaged, the spy shots reveal some interesting details about the cars.

The i20 crossover, though based on the premium hatchback, manages to look like a proper crossover and not just an extended hatchback. The vehicle's height and ground clearance have been increased to give it a pseudo-SUV like stance and will also help the car handle uneven roads and potholes with ease. It also gets bigger alloy wheels than its hatchback sibling, additional body cladding and more aggressive front and rear profiles. That said, the most significant changes could be made to the rear of the car.

Though we don't have any interior pictures of the crossover, we expect it to get a sportier and more feature-rich cabin than the hatchback. All these aforementioned changes will make the crossover slightly pricier than the hatchback. Hyundai aims to achieve 90 per cent localisation to price both the products quite aggressively.

Expected to be launched sometime in the first half of the current year, Hyundai India's first-ever crossover will take on other hatchback-based crossovers including Fiat Avventura, Toyota Etios Cross, VW Cross Polo and the upcoming SX4 S-Cross. Powering the vehicle could be the same engine options - 1.2-litre Kappa2 petrol and 1.4-litre CRDi diesel - that do duty on the i20.

Talking about the ix25 compact SUV, it will be above 4 metre in length and will rival against the likes of Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and the upcoming Maruti SX4 S-Cross. The spotted picture (Image no. 1) reveals that the ix25 will have five-spoke alloy wheels, roof rails and good ground clearance.

Powering the ix25 could be the same, 1.4-litre VTVT petrol and 1.4-litre CRDi diesel, engines that are found in the Hyundai Verna.

Attachments

I sincerely hope the ix25 will come with a 1.6L crdi engine along with the 1.4L diesel mill. If it turns out to be good on the handling front then the Duster and Terrano are going to be in some serious trouble.

Hyundai should equip base versions with 1.4 L engines and High end ones with 1.6 L engines just like they do for Verna. Though what i wish is Hyundai replace that 4 Speed Automatic gearbox with a 6 Speed one for both Petrol & Diesel engines. If that happens, it'll be the default choice for many people in the Compact SUV space. With rising vehicle population, the need for Automatic has become a necessity, though there are choices available but some seem to be lethargic and some expensive.

Top Bottom