Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Got my Passion Red SX(O) home on 28th August evening around 6 PM. Bought from Trident Hyundai, KR Puram, Bangalore - the entire delivery took 15 minutes. Very professional and no, they did not push any accessories. Even the under body coating I got it done from 3M Shop.

Had to travel for 2 weeks on 29th August :( the very next day after delivery. Have been driving for past 2 weeks and will post pictures and more details this week.

Creta got its first mod done
- Alloys [:)]
16" Momo drone
Hi Rahul ,
Hope you are enjoying your ride. I am also planning to buy Creta but not able to decide about variant.
Heart says goes to 1.6 SX and pocket says 1.4 base or 1.4 S model.
My travel involves ~2000 KM per month and out of that approx 1200 KM on NH1 highway. I have query regarding 1.4 model--:
1) How is 1.4 engine performance ( in city & highway with 2-3 person)
2) Which features are you missing mostly in 1.4 base model compare to 1.4 S & 1.6SX.
3) Is driver seat comfortable compare to S & SX model .
4) Is Hyundai providing some featured as after market in base model.

My current ride is Verna transform 1.5 and it covers over 1L KM and I am planning to replace it.

Hi Rahul ,
Hope you are enjoying your ride. I am also planning to buy Creta but not able to decide about variant.
Heart says goes to 1.6 SX and pocket says 1.4 base or 1.4 S model.
My travel involves ~2000 KM per month and out of that approx 1200 KM on NH1 highway. I have query regarding 1.4 model--:
1) How is 1.4 engine performance ( in city & highway with 2-3 person)
2) Which features are you missing mostly in 1.4 base model compare to 1.4 S & 1.6SX.
3) Is driver seat comfortable compare to S & SX model .
4) Is Hyundai providing some featured as after market in base model.

My current ride is Verna transform 1.5 and it covers over 1L KM and I am planning to replace it.
Hey Abhiind

I am loving it, been 10 days and I have covered 1180 kms.

I was in similar situation pocket didn't allow for 1.6 and was afraid about 1.4 engine performance but Hyundai tuned it very well.
90bhp is more than enough for this small beast. I have not felt once like it is underpowered.

1. Engine performs very well, like 1.6 engine there is lag around 1.5rpm. But overall it's good.
My travel involves moslty city to be specific NH24 and as of now it returned 15km/ltr with AC on all the time.

2. Two things -
a. Electric Adjustable ORVM, Hyundai should have given these in all variants.
b. Something from top trim, reverse parking camera( this is in my mod list).

3. Seat is equally comfortable, one might miss height adjustable feature in base variant.

4. I am not sure about it, did not even enquire as most of them can be equipped from outside in much lesser price.

Hope this helps [:)]

Last edited:
Hey Abhiind

I am loving it, been 10 days and I have covered 1180 kms.

I was in similar situation pocket didn't allow for 1.6 and was afraid about 1.4 engine performance but Hyundai tuned it very well.
90bhp is more than enough for this small beast. I have not felt once like it is underpowered.

1. Engine performs very well, like 1.6 engine there is lag around 1.5rpm. But overall it's good.
My travel involves moslty city to be specific NH24 and as of now it returned 15km/ltr with AC on all the time.

2. Two things -
a. Electric Adjustable ORVM, Hyundai should have given these in all variants.
b. Something from top trim, reverse parking camera( this is in my mod list).

3. Seat is equally comfortable, one might miss height adjustable feature in base variant.

4. I am not sure about it, did not even enquire as most of them can be equipped from outside in much lesser price.

Hope this helps [:)]
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply , I will also check Creta 1.4 now.

Mega SUV test: Big wheels, Big deal

Going strictly by segmental classifications, these cars shouldn’t compete with each other. After all, one’s a crossover, one’s a large SUV and three fit the description of a small SUV. On paper, they are very different cars that should appeal to different sets of buyers. In reality though, these models operate in the same space and actually target the same buyer set. That they are also available in the same price band and with similar engine-gearbox options only strengthens the case to pit them against one another. Over to the contenders, then.

First up, we have the new S-Cross from Maruti. The S-Cross is unique for its crossover shape and is a model that Maruti promises offers a distinctly premium experience. For this test, we’ve taken the more powerful of its two diesel engine options. Then there’s Hyundai’s contender that comes in the form of the Creta. The overwhelming response to the small SUV suggests Hyundai has got it right but, an objective analysis will tell you if the hype are worth it. Here too, we’ve featured the more powerful of its diesel engines.

Of course, Renault’s popular Duster had to be here. Let’s not forget it is the model that really started the small (not compact) SUV revolution in India. With us for this comparison is the range-topping Duster AWD. Its cousin, the Nissan Terrano, is also one of our contenders. The Terrano may be a rebadged Duster but you’ll agree it’s got its own appeal. Finally, we have the Mahindra XUV500. It has been updated recently, and we're considering the front-wheel drive version.

Mega SUV test: Big wheels, Big deal | Car News | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

Attachments

Got my Passion Red SX(O) home on 28th August evening around 6 PM. Bought from Trident Hyundai, KR Puram, Bangalore - the entire delivery took 15 minutes. Very professional and no, they did not push any accessories. Even the under body coating I got it done from 3M Shop.

Had to travel for 2 weeks on 29th August :( the very next day after delivery. Have been driving for past 2 weeks and will post pictures and more details this week.
I have run about 500 KMS all in Bangalore city and the max speed I could do was around 80 when I took it for a spin late at night. I need to hit the highway tomorrow to Chennai - as the car is still in the running-in period, is there any specific dos & don'ts? I went through a few articles on various websites but any advice from practical experience of members would be great.

Do post some pictures

i personally have not seen any red SX(O) till now in chandigarh.

would love to see those 17 inch diamond cut alloys on a hot red one.

I have run about 500 KMS all in Bangalore city and the max speed I could do was around 80 when I took it for a spin late at night. I need to hit the highway tomorrow to Chennai - as the car is still in the running-in period, is there any specific dos & don'ts? I went through a few articles on various websites but any advice from practical experience of members would be great.
Got my first service done on Friday(9th oct).
I was just trying not to rev it hard, was keeping RPM below 2k.

Got my first service done on Friday(9th oct).
I was just trying not to rev it hard, was keeping RPM below 2k.
Thanks Rahul.

I did do my first highway run ~ 600 kms over the weekend and below are some of my experience.

• The drive was on 6 lane highway for most part and about 100 kms on 2 lane good state highways. The ride was excellent and the car was rock solid at 100 - 120 kms speed and I did not go much beyond that speed.
  • Could hear the engine noise a bit over 2500 RPM ( 120 kms @ 6th gear) but its not very loud. You can still compare this to most petrol engine sounds.
  • The steering weighs-up and becomes pretty stiff at speeds over 100 kms. I had driven Hyundai Getz for 7 years and the steering feel was different. I did reduce my speed a bit on turns both because I was getting used to the dynamics of the car and also the stiff steering is something new for me. But no nervousness whatsoever at high speeds.
  • In gear acceleration is superb. Just press the pedal in 6th gear and overtaking is very easy.
  • Don't know the FE exactly but approximate (full tank to 1/4th tank) should be around 16-17 km/liter. I guess it will only improve after first service and as the engine settles down.

Hello people, This is my first post here .
I recently bought Hyundai Creta white SX(O). Recently while travelling my AVN malfunctioned , there was a loud beep sound coming from it and the touch wasn't working, I tried to turn the AVN off but it wasn't working and loud noise continued. So I turned the car off but still the sound was coming. Luckily when this happened I was just 100 metres away from Hyundai service centre. I went there and then they disconnected the battery and finally the beep sound stopped. They told me that an update is coming at the end of this month for CRETA'S AVN.
Has anyone else faced it?
Attached is pic of the malfunctioned AVN.

Attachments

Hi guys a friend of mine wants to pick up the Creta,problem is he sold his car planning to buy another car but decided against it.So now he wants Creta but they are saying 5 Months atleast he needs to wait. Any idea how the Bangalore members got their cars soon,any tips you can suggest.
Another friend of mine is very influential with a dealer but he has already spoken for 4 cars from his side so wont be a good idea to keep pushing from his side.
So looking what other ways can we get the car soon or through which dealer etc.

Top Bottom