Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Re: Damaged IAT Sensor

That was a tremendous effort from them.
I have done full damping on my car to reduce the NVH, it has significantly improved.
Though, i think there will be some differences in the engine compartments and better insulation on the firewall, and doing both of them is a tiresome process.
anyway keep us posted[:D]

Sorry for delay in updating. Here is the update:
Had booked an appointment with Deccan Honda Service manager for this noise issue and as I had also completed 1 year/16000km, I thought would get the 20k servicing done the same day. Reached ASC at 09:30 and was promptly attended by service manager and a SA. They thoroughly checked the engine noise and all other issues that I reported. After 10 mins or so the engineer came and took the car for a long test drive to a quiet place to diagnoise the noise better. After the drive he was of the opinion that the noise is a bit more than what it should be and said we will check again after servicing.
As it was my day off I thought of waiting in the customer lounge rather than going back home. Just wanted to make sure that every issue is being addressed. While I was watching Pakistan beat SA, I recieved a call from Service Advisor that the wiper blades are worn and needs replacement. I politely refused as I want to get aftermarket ones. At 15:00 all work was completed and we again went for a test drive. To my utter surprise, the car was super smooth and silent. In comparison to pre service state, I can say the noise and harshness was reduced by 90%. I am still not sure how. While driving at night from past one week there is no noise which I used to hear earlier. Even my wife noticed that the noise has gone. Finally I can now drive at night without music system [clap]
Was happy to see the total bill for 20k service Rs 5835 [:D]
During the first oil change at 10000, I noticed smoothness but that was normal like 10 to 15%, which is what one expects, but the experience after this service was drastic. Honda did not give me any reason to complain hence gave 10/10 in the feedback call. Totally Happy with the car and service. I have driven about 700 kms since service and the angine noise has not reoccured.

After going through all this experience, few thoughts that hit my mind:
-> Was something done to the engine secretly by ASC which they are not revealing fearing bad publicity?
-> Or was it the oil change in 10k service not done the way it should have been done?
-> Was it only me experiencing such level of engine noise?

This remains a mystery for me.

Thread Starter #1,142

Sorry for delay in updating. Here is the update:
Had booked an appointment with Deccan Honda Service manager for this noise issue and as I had also completed 1 year/16000km, I thought would get the 20k servicing done the same day. Reached ASC at 09:30 and was promptly attended by service manager and a SA. They thoroughly checked the engine noise and all other issues that I reported. After 10 mins or so the engineer came and took the car for a long test drive to a quiet place to diagnoise the noise better. After the drive he was of the opinion that the noise is a bit more than what it should be and said we will check again after servicing.
As it was my day off I thought of waiting in the customer lounge rather than going back home. Just wanted to make sure that every issue is being addressed. While I was watching Pakistan beat SA, I recieved a call from Service Advisor that the wiper blades are worn and needs replacement. I politely refused as I want to get aftermarket ones. At 15:00 all work was completed and we again went for a test drive. To my utter surprise, the car was super smooth and silent. In comparison to pre service state, I can say the noise and harshness was reduced by 90%. I am still not sure how. While driving at night from past one week there is no noise which I used to hear earlier. Even my wife noticed that the noise has gone. Finally I can now drive at night without music system [clap]
Was happy to see the total bill for 20k service Rs 5835 [:D]
During the first oil change at 10000, I noticed smoothness but that was normal like 10 to 15%, which is what one expects, but the experience after this service was drastic. Honda did not give me any reason to complain hence gave 10/10 in the feedback call. Totally Happy with the car and service. I have driven about 700 kms since service and the angine noise has not reoccured.

After going through all this experience, few thoughts that hit my mind:
-> Was something done to the engine secretly by ASC which they are not revealing fearing bad publicity?
-> Or was it the oil change in 10k service not done the way it should have been done?
-> Was it only me experiencing such level of engine noise?

This remains a mystery for me.
Ohh That is something mysterious [;)]

Happy to hear that the problem has been sorted out, though keep a keen eye on the next oil change, as it seems it was the reason. After 3-4 oil changes i think the engine noise settles very well.

Ohh That is something mysterious [;)]

Happy to hear that the problem has been sorted out, though keep a keen eye on the next oil change, as it seems it was the reason. After 3-4 oil changes i think the engine noise settles very well.
Yes definitely, I have kind of made up my mind to stay in ASC while servicing is going on.
IIRC you had changed the wipers to Bosch frameless. How is their performance? Do you recommend them?

At 15:00 all work was completed and we again went for a test drive. To my utter surprise, the car was super smooth and silent. In comparison to pre service state, I can say the noise and harshness was reduced by 90%. I am still not sure how. While driving at night from past one week there is no noise which I used to hear earlier. Even my wife noticed that the noise has gone. Finally I can now drive at night without music system [clap]
That's a good news they could subside the engine noise as this is still the prime concern with the prospective customers for I-Dtech engines[clap]

Happy motoring[drive]

Thread Starter #1,145

Yes definitely, I have kind of made up my mind to stay in ASC while servicing is going on.
IIRC you had changed the wipers to Bosch frameless. How is their performance? Do you recommend them?
I've changed to Frameless one's but not of Bosch.

I've tried to source Bosch,though it was not available here whenever I check. Hence using some other brand product. Looks nice and it feels nice. Swipe feel is very nice.
I felt it tend to get hard very fast if you're parking too much under the sun.[cry]

That's a good news they could subside the engine noise as this is still the prime concern with the prospective customers for I-Dtech engines

Happy motoring[drive]
Only the first set of vehicles had the NVH issue. Later on they've improved the engine Firewall and internal Damping and altogether the sound was being reduced to a great extent.
I've done the TD of new vehicle's and fine them incredibly silent compared to mine.[:)]

Hi Vishnu,
Awesome review and DIY mods. After reading all these, I got a new amaze diesel. But the stock audio is not good at all. As you had suggested to put 6 inches in front and 4inches in back. Can you suggest some good brands. I don't have Rockford fosgate in my town :( (Bhubaneswar). So will have to buy online.
Also can you suggest a good subwoofer. Should I go for the box or basstube. and 10" or 12" inch sub. What amps should I pair it with. Suggestion of such amps. What does a 4 channel and 2 channel amp does, what's the difference. Some suggest to go for 4, some suggest for 2. and can I put all these to my stock HU for now at least. Will change the HU later. what about amps for the new speakers, is it required or stock HU can manage?

All these connections, will it void my warranty? I mean I am not doing anything to the engine itself or ecu. will cutting wires for speakers/horns etc will void the warranty?

Thanks

Thread Starter #1,147
Can you suggest some good brands. I don't have Rockford fosgate in my town :( (Bhubaneswar). So will have to buy online.
Check on RF, Kicker, JBL, and many more.

Also can you suggest a good subwoofer.
I'm using RF 's Sub woofer itself. Check on a suitable once with your availability.

Should I go for the box or basstube. and 10" or 12" inch sub.
Either it's box or basstube, the inches is all it matters. I'm having 12" on my boot, Box type. If it's basstube, then it's gonna eat up much more boot space.

What does a 4 channel and 2 channel amp does, what's the difference. Some suggest to go for 4, some suggest for 2
On a 4 channel Amp, you can provide 2 channel for the front speakers and other two channels can be bridged and give to the sub, whereas on a 2 channel, only the front speakers can be connected to it.

and can I put all these to my stock HU for now at least. Will change the HU later. what about amps for the new speakers, is it required or stock HU can manage?
I'm still running on stock HU which performing amazingly well[;)] Keep calm.

All these connections, will it void my warranty? I mean I am not doing anything to the engine itself or ecu. will cutting wires for speakers/horns etc will void the warranty?
According to the book, it will void warranty. Try not to cut out wires, or separate them.[:)]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Either it's box or basstube, the inches is all it matters. I'm having 12" on my boot, Box type. If it's basstube, then it's gonna eat up much more boot space.
Bass tube takes less space compared to full size box, but box gives better out than tube.

On a 4 channel Amp, you can provide 2 channel for the front speakers and other two channels can be bridged and give to the sub, whereas on a 2 channel, only the front speakers can be connected to it.
2-channel amp can be bridged and fed to sub as well [evil]

Hi Vishnu,
I am new bee to this forum , I just go through this thread because I am the new owner of Honda Amaze 1.5 S MT (i-DTEC) Diesel Golden Brown .
And impressed with your love on Car. And the detailed explanation of DIYs..
I need one advice from you, Last week when I went to Coimbatore my left side ORVM wes slightly damaged by KSRTC bus
So I want to repair myself . I couldn’t remove orvm. pl tell me procedure . I was stuckup in

Attachments

hi Vishnu,
while driving in the speed of 80km if I got in to any pit on road . I get a noise in the right side of under body . its I asked service people they told its silencer hit . what about your suggestion . do you find the same problem in the driving

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #1,151
Hi Vishnu,
I am new bee to this forum , I just go through this thread because I am the new owner of Honda Amaze 1.5 S MT (i-DTEC) Diesel Golden Brown .
And impressed with your love on Car. And the detailed explanation of DIYs..
I need one advice from you, Last week when I went to Coimbatore my left side ORVM wes slightly damaged by KSRTC bus
So I want to repair myself . I couldn’t remove orvm. pl tell me procedure . I was stuckup in
Just pull that cover . That's all .
Make sure that you put equal pressure or else you'll break the locks, I had[frustration]

hi Vishnu,
while driving in the speed of 80km if I got in to any pit on road . I get a noise in the right side of under body . its I asked service people they told its silencer hit . what about your suggestion . do you find the same problem in the driving
Strange. Very strange.
I have never experienced any such sound. Try taking car on a lift and check for a inspection. I believe it would be the suspension messing up.
Do you have alloys on your car ?

Top Bottom