Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,081
How is the second set of brake pads holding up on your car so far? Will wait for your 40k service update.
Was changed on 23k kms, on the 40k service, they told me it would do another 10 k kms easy, still doubting.

Something unusual I have been noticing since the 10k service when the oil was changed. When engine is hot (run for about 3 to 5 kms), the engine note becomes loud only when at idle. I can prominently hear it say when i stop at red light. Not sure if I can explain it in words but the noise is similar as if there was a small hole in silencer. It's the engine note that changes so definitely it's coming from engine.
I am planning to show it to the ASS tomorrow. Wanted to know from fellow Amaze IDTECH owners on forum if anyone else has experienced this?
No, never .
I haven't felt any such kind of issues.
I have floored the car to the max on the recent chennai trip of 800 kms roughly to and fro and no change in engine sound was noticed after the drive.[:)]

40,000 Km Service Update

Did a quick service before the recent Chennai trip.
Engine oil, oil filter and air filter was changed.
All brakes cleaned up.
Fuel filter was not available this time too, I haven't changed the fuel filter on 20k service and 40k service due to the lack of availability of parts[frustration].
I have complained about it,and they said they'll surely inform me once the part came.

Quick shots of the service and the bill .
DSC_0938.jpg

DSC07402.JPG

DSC07403.JPG

Vehicle Updates

1. Vehicle is smooth, no change in engine sound. Not increased neither decreased.
  2. Gear shifts are getting better after every service.
  3. Slight pedal vibration felt on hard acceleration, Acceptable.
  4. New Brake pads are kind of hanging on well,though will once confirm if it has better life after the change.
  5. Slight vibration noise from somewhere on the front left cabin,not from the A-pillar.Felt like from the glove box, have to check it.Sound only comes on linear acceleration.

Replacement Brake Pads Available

1. My service adviser said that the new City's brake pads are a direct fit to that of Amaze. Yes, it's costlier but it would be having better life when compared to that of Amaze.
  2. TVS OE replacement brake pads of the city are also a direct fit to that of amaze.

40,000 Km Service Update

All brakes cleaned up.
Fuel filter was not available this time too, I haven't changed the fuel filter on 20k service and 40k service due to the lack of availability of parts[frustration].
I have complained about it,and they said they'll surely inform me once the part came.

View attachment 159225

View attachment 159226

View attachment 159227

Vehicle Updates

1. Vehicle is smooth, no change in engine sound. Not increased neither decreased.
  4. New Brake pads are kind of hanging on well,though will once confirm if it has better life after the change.
  5. Slight vibration noise from somewhere on the front left cabin,not from the A-pillar.Felt like from the glove box, have to check it.Sound only comes on linear acceleration.

1. My service adviser said that the new City's brake pads are a direct fit to that of Amaze. Yes, it's costlier but it would be having better life when compared to that of Amaze.
  2. TVS OE replacement brake pads of the city are also a direct fit to that of amaze.
Nice to see the low maintenance cost :) Can you please upload the second pic in a way so it shows the amount column on the right as well?

Was changed on 23k kms, on the 40k service, they told me it would do another 10 k kms easy, still doubting.

No, never .
I have floored the car to the max on the recent chennai trip of 800 kms roughly to and fro and no change in engine sound was noticed after the drive.[:)]

40,000 Km Service Update

All brakes cleaned up.

View attachment 159225

View attachment 159226

View attachment 159227

Vehicle Updates

Hello Bro...how s the mileage after 40k service? i have a question...i read in manual that 6.4 ltr diesel is reserve warning ? how much Km can we drive after getting tht warning? does the trip meter shows the exact mileage?

Thread Starter #1,084
nice to see the low maintenance cost :) can you please upload the second pic in a way so it shows the amount column on the right as well?
DSC07405.JPG

DSC07406.JPG

DSC07407.JPG

Happy ?[;)]

hello bro...how s the mileage after 40k service?
Mileage is still good . I'm getting more than enough !

I have a question...i read in manual that 6.4 ltr diesel is reserve warning ? How much km can we drive after getting tht warning?
That depends on your driving style friend. When fuel is on 2 bars,the fuel indicator lights up and then further after eating up the 2 bars of fuel ,the last single bar starts to blink. Better fuel it up before that. I've once seen the last fuel bar blinking , so to be on the safer side , I fueled up asap !

Does the trip meter shows the exact mileage?
Not exact, though it's almost +- 1kmpl accurate to me !

No, never .
[/LIST]
Seems I may have a resolution to this issue. Coult not visit the ASS, however checked with a local mechanic for his opinion. He drove the car with me and he noticed the change in engine note at idling too. After the test drive he let the engine cool down and then checked the oil level and the level was about 2 mm more than the max limit. According to him this is the reason why the idling is rough when engine is warm as the already excess oil further expands on heating.

Now I just need to get his opinion verified from ASS. Hope they are of the same opinion and I can get this resolved.

Apart from this issue I do not see any other major issues with the car. Just few plastic panels inside the cabin rattle on bad roads. This though is is very minor and can be sorted by proper fixing.

BTW, hope your ASS get the fuel filter soon. Service bill is quite pocket friendly. Even with the addition of fuel filter I believe it should cost 1500 more maybe. Not bad huh.

Thread Starter #1,086
Seems I may have a resolution to this issue. Coult not visit the ASS, however checked with a local mechanic for his opinion. He drove the car with me and he noticed the change in engine note at idling too. After the test drive he let the engine cool down and then checked the oil level and the level was about 2 mm more than the max limit. According to him this is the reason why the idling is rough when engine is warm as the already excess oil further expands on heating.
How could it go above the limit ?Is the ASS such careless ?
Just few plastic panels inside the cabin rattle on bad roads. This though is is very minor and can be sorted by proper fixing.
I only have a single rattling from the glove box compartment. Apart that everything is intact, Touchwood[:D]

BTW, hope your ASS get the fuel filter soon. Service bill is quite pocket friendly. Even with the addition of fuel filter I believe it should cost 1500 more maybe. Not bad huh.
They haven't even contacted me once and unless they call me and inform, i wont be bringing over the vehicle . They are not even cared to call me back and inform.

Thread Starter #1,089
Hi Vishnu.

Nice setup btw.

Kindly provide the cost of the alloys and the tyres which you have replaced.

Thanks
Alloys cost me around 32k and almost 22k for the tyres :)

Hey folks...
My break pads again worn out... Any idea on after market break pads
New city's brake pads are direct fit, but it will cost you more , but will last longer.

Well on time[;)]

1 Year 6 Months 27 Days [:D]

DSC07408.JPG

My first set of brake pads lasted for 19k kms, now i'm getting them changed free of cost under Good Will Warranty at 34k kms. The dealership had earlier refused to change them free of cost but after contacting honda 121 , dealership is changing them for free tomorrow.

Thread Starter #1,091
My first set of brake pads lasted for 19k kms, now i'm getting them changed free of cost under Good Will Warranty at 34k kms. The dealership had earlier refused to change them free of cost but after contacting honda 121 , dealership is changing them for free tomorrow.
That is a great news indeed. If they don't find out a solution soon, They're gonna be bankrupt soon[lol]

anyone tried changing stock headlight of Amaze to that of Mobilio RS which has the new headlights with LED position lights and projector headlights ?

Please share some info on this.

Service center says that the headlights are not availble and also it uses a different wiring structure. Not sure how far they are true. [frustration]

Thread Starter #1,093
anyone tried changing stock headlight of Amaze to that of Mobilio RS which has the new headlights with LED position lights and projector headlights ?

Please share some info on this.

Service center says that the headlights are not availble and also it uses a different wiring structure. Not sure how far they are true. [frustration]
I have seen a red brio having the same lights and working fine on it.

It costs approx 16 k per headlamp , I've already enquired about it [;)]

Though svc guys says the same, My DIY Master brain @deville_56 says it can be done with some changes in the coupler. Anything and everything can be bought these days [:D]

It costs approx 16 k per headlamp , I've already enquired about it

Though svc guys says the same, My DIY Master brain @deville_56 says it can be done with some changes in the coupler. Anything and everything can be bought these days [:D]
16k per headlamp which means 32 k for headlamps [surprise]
I think i should drop the idea of changing them. [confused]

Top Bottom