Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

I own Amaze SX iDtec since 4 months and it had 9k KMS on ODO.Till now i hadnt faced any oil leakage.
But when i went for first servicing in bangalore,My driver reported the service incharge there about leakage in the engine head,he said that it is the AC water with very light green tint.,it comes only when you switch off the AC after the drive and then by placing the car little back he showed me the water on the floor with his fingers [lol]

Is your oil leakage problem exist even the car is parked for few hours??
It is a minute leakage , the pic shows the total oil leaked in that area for 10000 kms. That shouldnt be a problem considering the no. of kms it had run. But in a new car this is worst case i feel. What kept me worrying is all the 4 amazes that came for service had the same problem. (Diesel[roll])

They have really scooped out some of the cushions for managing the space inside and hence leading to these non comfortableness though you can change the settings and get a sweet spot of your sitting position , unless i wouldn't have done 31k km's on my Amaze [;)]
How well do the lumbar support related products work? I have never used one, but I did see some on snapdeal. If anyone had an experience using any kind of seating support/cushion, please provide me the info.

Thanks,
Sid

Thread Starter #963
It is a minute leakage , the pic shows the total oil leaked in that area for 10000 kms. That shouldnt be a problem considering the no. of kms it had run. But in a new car this is worst case i feel. What kept me worrying is all the 4 amazes that came for service had the same problem. (Diesel)
There is absolutely no leakage with mine. It must be some problem with a particular series of vehicles. Do take necessary actions for a worry free future ownership[:)]

How well do the lumbar support related products work? I have never used one, but I did see some on snapdeal. If anyone had an experience using any kind of seating support/cushion, please provide me the info.

Thanks,
Sid
It provides a extra support or "cushiony" feel. I haven't used one. I have adjusted the seats for my superior comfort [:)]

Re: DIY Rear Speakers Change

For completing the Audio setup in my car , i had to change the stock rear 4" speakers of Amaze. There was a Major problem with that. Only 4" speakers can be used on the rear of amaze because a metal rod is passing right under the magnet area and any bigger size will have a deeper magnet and hence it wont fit.
Hi Vishnu

nice to see your comment and it is very useful.

As you installed JBL - CS-5C 5 1/4'' Component system in your rear part of Amaze, you need to cut or modify the Rear parcel tray?

Can you please attache some pic.

I am thinking "Polk Audio - DB521 - 5.25 Inch Co-axial Speakers " for my rear speakers. can you please suggest. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #966
Re: DIY Rear Speakers Change

Hi Vishnu,

May i know what have you done with your old tyre's and alloy. I'm looking for OEM Honda Tyre's and alloy for my AMAZE EX.
Well, my OEM alloys and tyres are safe with me, not planning to sell[:)]

Hi Vishnu

nice to see your comment and it is very useful.

As you installed JBL - CS-5C 5 1/4'' Component system in your rear part of Amaze, you need to cut or modify the Rear parcel tray?
No , the rear parcel tray is kept untouched .

Can you please attache some pic.

I am thinking "Polk Audio - DB521 - 5.25 Inch Co-axial Speakers " for my rear speakers. can you please suggest. Thanks
Pictures of what do you need ? clearance or just the parcel tray alone ?[confused]

Hi Vishnu you have an awesome ride ....you are taking good care of it. I am new to TAI , after going through yours and other few review I have decided that Amaze is suitable for my needs.I have booked the vehicle and I will get it by tomorrow. The dealer said he will giving Anti rust paint for underboby and Teflon coating for free.what do u
Suggest as I heard that Teflon is not good.please reply ASAP

Last edited:
Thread Starter #973
Hi Vishnu you have an awesome ride ....you are taking good care of it. I am new to TAI , after going through yours and other few review I have decided that Amaze is suitable for my needs.I have booked the vehicle and I will get it by tomorrow. The dealer said he will giving Anti rust paint for underboby and Teflon coating for free.what do u
Suggest as I heard that Teflon is not good.please reply ASAP

Do the underbody coating and I would suggest you not to go for the Teflon. I don't think it's gonna be good. If it's an offer or what? If yes do something else other than Teflon :) I haven't done Teflon coating :)

Do the underbody coating and I would suggest you not to go for the Teflon. I don't think it's gonna be good. If it's an offer or what? If yes do something else other than Teflon :) I haven't done Teflon coating :)
Thank you so much Vishnu for the quick reply..yes underbody painting ,Teflon ,floor mats and trunk mat are given as freebies[clap]. Do you think the Teflon painting will be harmful to the car's paint.the dealer just called me he said he will be delivering the car by today evening..

Thread Starter #975
Thank you so much Vishnu for the quick reply..yes underbody painting ,Teflon ,floor mats and trunk mat are given as freebies[clap]. Do you think the Teflon painting will be harmful to the car's paint.the dealer just called me he said he will be delivering the car by today evening..
I'm not really into it, though i have heard many experienced person's saying that teflon is of no use and is wastage of money. Hence i haven't done. My car is all fine [;)]

Well trunk mats ? Can you post a picture of it once after delivery.

Congratulations for your new Honda[clap]

Top Bottom