Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

IMHO components are 2 way speakers with seperate tweeters . Co axials are 3 way speakers with the tweeter in built . Audiophiles use components whereas the rest of us make do with co axials . I could be wrong so feel free to correct me as I am no audiophile .
components can be 2 way and three way both. basically component gives the possibility of better sound projection and staging where as co-axials have both mids and highs coming from same cone area limits the projection.

normally components are used in front and co-axials as rear fills.

Re: DIY Rockford Fosqate Component Speaker Installation

any reason y twetters are needed with an component? pls guide,

im a bit of noob when it comes 2 audiophiles [surprise]
tweeter produces high frequencies. mid cone produces mid bass and subwoofer produces lows. all three have specific role in an audio system.
imagine listening to drums without the sound of treble. I hope u get my point

you can go for 6" co axial on the front if you don't need the components.
I have Rockford Fosqate 6" component on the front doors and the rear speaker's are yet to be changed. Checking for a right one.
for rear fill look only for either 4" or 5.25" speaker. its very difficult to fit a 6" speaker at rear shelf of amaze.
i have fitted 5.25" rainbow audio co-axials and it is a tight fit. had to modify and trim few things. Will put some pics of the install in my ownership thread.

Thread Starter #664
PROKLEAR Anti rain Windshield

Clean the Windshield with plenty of water

DSC06623.JPG

deville_56's new bucket and Mug. Forced me to took the pic and hence uploaded:tongue:

DSC06624.JPG

Wait till all the water drain from the Windshield.

DSC06625.JPG

Now Apply Colgate Toothpaste. The best cheapest harmless rubbing compound you could get in the market. I've seen even the service centre guys cleaning the windshield with colgate:biggrin:

DSC06627.JPG

Rub in a circular manner, it will help to smooth the surface.

DSC06628.JPG

DSC06629.JPG

After washing off the Colgate, Wash the windshield with Colin

DSC06630.JPG

DSC06631.JPG

Now use the Rubbing compound provided with the Proklear solution .

DSC06632.JPG

DSC06633.JPG

Rub in a circular manner with the tissue paper provided with the pack.

DSC06634.JPG

Now wait for it to dry off and after that wipe off the dried rubbing solution dust and then apply the Proklear nano bond solution.

DSC06635.JPG

Apply the Nano Sealant with another clear tissue.

DSC06636.JPG

The instructions provided with the Kit.

DSC06637.JPG

The sticker that came along with it. Sticked it under the Hood [evil]

DSC06638.JPG

A Big Thanks to Kichu and Jude300 for sharing their information about this product.

Product Link : Proklear Nano Bond Anti Rain Windshield Glas

Anybody here who has changed front brake pads please tell me at what km did u got them changed. My car has done 18500 in 6 months and the break pad seems to be worn. I think i will have to get them replaced at 20000 km service.
My break pads and disk both were changed at 14k kilometers luckily under warranty.
Pads were completely worn out during highway drive at taj expressway.
Still managed to get safely home,during which the disks also got damaged.

My break pads and disk both were changed at 14k kilometers luckily under warranty.
Pads were completely worn out during highway drive at taj expressway.
Still managed to get safely home,during which the disks also got damaged.
break pads and disk changed at 14000 km is very surprising.

Even more surprisingly they did it under warranty.

I thought brake n clutch was not covered by warranty? Good to no
True that clutch and break are not covered under warranty
The service manager knew me well.so he did it undrr warranty.[clap]
Maybe to bulid their customer relation

Good to know that its changed under warranty.

Can you post the bill or the cost of these components changed, it might help others in the long run.

Re: PROKLEAR Anti rain Windshield

Clean the Windshield with plenty of water

deville_56's new bucket and Mug. Forced me to took the pic and hence uploaded:tongue:

Wait till all the water drain from the Windshield.

Now Apply Colgate Toothpaste. The best cheapest harmless rubbing compound you could get in the market. I've seen even the service centre guys cleaning the windshield with colgate:biggrin:

Rub in a circular manner, it will help to smooth the surface.

After washing off the Colgate, Wash the windshield with Colin

Now use the Rubbing compound provided with the Proklear solution .

Rub in a circular manner with the tissue paper provided with the pack.

Now wait for it to dry off and after that wipe off the dried rubbing solution dust and then apply the Proklear nano bond solution.

Apply the Nano Sealant with another clear tissue.

The instructions provided with the Kit.

The sticker that came along with it. Sticked it under the Hood [evil]

A Big Thanks to Kichu and Jude300 for sharing their information about this product.

Product Link : Proklear Nano Bond Anti Rain Windshield Glas
Thanks for the good procedure you follow. It is very helpful.

By the way, I noticed that windshield is getting scratches after I started cleaning it each day morning with a cotton cloth to remove the fine dust.

Is there some way to avoid such scratches and yet clean the windshield on daily basis quickly before pushing off to office...

Any suggestions?

Thread Starter #671
Re: PROKLEAR Anti rain Windshield

Thanks for the good procedure you follow. It is very helpful.

By the way, I noticed that windshield is getting scratches after I started cleaning it each day morning with a cotton cloth to remove the fine dust.

Is there some way to avoid such scratches and yet clean the windshield on daily basis quickly before pushing off to office...

Any suggestions?
Put the wipers into service position and clean the blades with a tissue paper. After that you can use a duster to dust the particles on the windscreen without harming the glass. Try not to use the wiper's with dust particles accumulated on the wiper blades.

Thread Starter #672
Dashboard Painted Up

Ever since the odd brown dashboard starts to worry me, i started thinking over it to get rid of the brown color dash board. Since i don't want to harm it, i first opted for the Carbon Fiber Look alike Wrap which was good at the primary stages and later on it started accumulating bubbles and hence decided to giveaway the wraps.

Then came the idea of Painting the Odd brown panels to black[cheers]

With the Help of an Automotive Refreshing Center here, I got the Panel's painted in Matt black and Satin Silver which on fixing look's bloody AWESOME !![evil]

I would say, this is the best Modification Job that I've done on my car till now and I'm very much satisfied !!

DSC06642.JPG

DSC06643.JPG

Closeup view of the Odometer area. Looks way cooler !!

DSC06644.JPG

DSC06645.JPG

All the Brown pad's where changed to Black.:biggrin:

DSC06646.JPG

@vishnu vichu

Excellent job dude. Your DIY work is awsome. Love that black and sliver dashboard. Far better then stock. :) Hope it will not wore off overtime.

btw; how are the Soft Wiper Blades so far? Are they good? I have ANHC and the present wiper blades have finished their life so need to get new one. Rain has also started here. [roll]

Thread Starter #674
@vishnu vichu

Excellent job dude. Your DIY work is awsome. Love that black and sliver dashboard. Far better then stock. :) Hope it will not wore off overtime.

btw; how are the Soft Wiper Blades so far? Are they good? I have ANHC and the present wiper blades have finished their life so need to get new one. Rain has also started here. [roll]
Thankyou[:)]

Well it ain't good as i expected. If you are parking your car under the sun for a lot, then it is not at all recommended. The blades are too soft and once it get's hard cause of heat, then it's the worst. Life of the blades are very low. Either go for Hella or Bosch Frameless wipers or stick on with the stock kinda wiper blades.I will soon switch back or change to hella or boach one's !

Top Bottom