Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hey guys today my car exhaust tip is bent cause of stupid road construction , so the whole exhaust pipe should be replaced? , i think only the tip is bent inwards so its like D shape instead of O shape , hope you understood what i mean .

please let me know if any DIY for that bend.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #588
Grand i10 has such feature where mirrors open/close when car is unlocked/locked through remote control. I believe a little bit of work could have been done.

Isn't that the same orvm which you fixed yourself earlier?
Hyundai Cars are an exception when it comes to features !!

Yes the same. No DIY possible this time ![frustration]

vishnu vichu sorry for the orvm hit . I asked the other day in arya honda mumbai and they said the fully painted motorised mirror costs 3.5 k to 4 k .
That's gonna drill me a hole in my pocket !

yes Vishnu i m going to do DIY for Horn upgrade
That would be nice. But if you don't have enough time to spare any car accessories shop guys can fix you a new horn in less than a hour !

Some morons don't have any considerations for other motorist. Feel like kicking them.
Absolutely.

oh sorry for that, looks like hand-bar has hit it hardly..
Going for some DIY or going to replace new ones.
Yes, the bar end hit directly to the indicator glass making no way for a further DIY !!

Sorry to here that vishnu vichu , I think this time you need to consider whole replacement from Honda.

Yeap ! There's no NEW ORVM available right now at Showroom. Will wait till it arrives.

Can insurance be claimed 4 this issue?
How much they will cover? 100 percent?
That would be a foolish decision !!
Hey guys today my car exhaust tip is bent cause of stupid road construction , so the whole exhaust pipe should be replaced? , i think only the tip is bent inwards so its like D shape instead of O shape , hope you understood what i mean .

please let me know if any DIY for that bend.
Only the tip right ? Some DIY should go i think. Can you post a picture ?

I think it will affect your NCB so before claiming insurance check out how much you will have to pay from your own pocket and the effect of it on your NCB.

ORVMs would be considered as plastic parts and hence attract depreciation unless you have zero dep. (not sure about the motor inside it). And rather than thinking about foolishness, consider the cost-benefit proposition:- Depreciation amount, processing fee (typically 1k per claim) and next year's no-claim bonus vs. amount you would be getting back from insurance company.

are u sure ovrm is a plastic part as far as insurance goes? yes, the outer housing for hte mirror is plastic, i dont think all the wires inside and the assembly is consider as "plastic"

pls confirm ~~~ ramu

Of course ORVM is plastic+glass part. And insurance companies will not cover it fully unless you have zero dep cover. you can check with them for internals such as motor. And believe me, insurance companies will definitely have more excuses than owner's logic.
Hence considering the value proposition, in this case owner will be at loss claiming this damage.
My advise would be to upgrade the policy to zero dep; almost every time damage includes ORVMs, front/back bumpers which are all plastic.

Of course ORVM is plastic+glass part. And insurance companies will not cover it fully unless you have zero dep cover. you can check with them for internals such as motor. And believe me, insurance companies will definitely have more excuses than owner's logic.
Hence considering the value proposition, in this case owner will be at loss claiming this damage.
My advise would be to upgrade the policy to zero dep; almost every time damage includes ORVMs, front/back bumpers which are all plastic.
Yep I have zero dep, cost me 12.2k for 2nd year.

How much is ur premium??

Last edited:
by the way, ORVMs remind me; does anyone feel that ORVMs should have been folded inwards more i.e. even in folding state, they still protrude a lot; don't they?

Top Bottom