Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #571
Based on my experience with gearboxes of Alto k10, Swift, Brio, Amaze, --> the Maruti gearboxes are super.

May be if you drive my Amaze with its current gearbox, you'll nod your agreement to my statement. I'm not the first one to experience the bad gearbox issue in Honda Amaze.
Even i also have an alto and i'm feeling the other way . As i said earlier i had problem's with the gear during the first few thousand miles and now it's nowhere to be seen . I'm having a butter smooth gearshift !

Sorry, what's SVC?
Service Centre !

Honda ASS technicians are either lazy or badly trained or both, going by the way they are doing servicing.
That's not the case with them here. Honda ASS are well maintained here.

My car was purchased on 25 july 2013 . I have complained of the a pillar rattle on all three services . My last service was day before yesterday and I complained about the rattle still no effect . They lost my usb pen drive too when I gave my car for service . Never happened with maruti to me .
Why don't you complain about it at the time of delivery or the next frequent day once you found it out ?[confused]

Found something interesting, don't know if you guys know this.

I've also seen the auto folding mirrors opening/closing irregularly when I start/stop the car. The general criteria is that they should open when car is turned on and close when turned off.
Now this is what i found
->The auto folding button can be pressed and unpressed. If the button is unpressed and car is started the mirrors will open but if you turn off the car the mirrors won't close automatically.
-> If the button is pressed and you turn off the car the mirrors automatically close. Again if you start car the mirror won't open.
Also mirrors open and close only if ignition switch is at position 2 or 3(engine is on).

That's kind of lousy programming by Honda.

vishnu vichu Why don't you complain about it at the time of delivery or the next frequent day once you found it out ?
Sir the reason I do not complain is because I work 6 days a week from 7:30pm to 11:00 pm . I do not have time for all this crap . I have owend 3 Marutis and 1 Tata car in the past . Only Tata gave me reliability problems . Still no vibrations in any of my cars ever . I never do aftermarket fitments in my cars so careless installers cannot leave anything loose in my cars to rattle . After owning m800 dx 1996-2004 Alto lxi 2004-2013 Tata Indigo Dicor 2007-2013 Swift Dzire 2013- Honda Amaze Vxmt 2013- I Know what good service is and what a reliable rattle free car is . No offence intended to anyone . Just my point of view . Honda should fix my problem once I complain period .And that problem should not occur again ever . This is the least I expect from a brand like Honda . Even Maruti always solved my problems and never gave me any issuse in any of my cars . Hell they never even broke down once in all the years I owned various Marutis . The sole reason for buying a Honda was to move up a brand . The only reason I do not feel completely lost is because of tha average amaze gives which is better than my dzire . Amongst all these cars Honda has the best turbo lag free engine I must admit . But the vibrations that come through the engine are quite unbearable .

Last edited:
vishnu vichu Why don't you complain about it at the time of delivery or the next frequent day once you found it out ?
Sir the reason I do not complain is because I work 6 days a week from 7:30pm to 11:00 pm . I do not have time for all this crap . I have owend 3 Marutis and 1 Tata car in the past . Only Tata gave me reliability problems . Still no vibrations in any of my cars ever . I never do aftermarket fitments in my cars so careless installers cannot leave anything loose in my cars to rattle . After owning m800 dx 1996-2004 Alto lxi 2004-2013 Tata Indigo Dicor 2007-2013 Swift Dzire 2013- Honda Amaze Vxmt 2013- I Know what good service is and what a reliable rattle free car is . No offence intended to anyone . Just my point of view . Honda should fix my problem once I complain period .And that problem should not occur again ever . This is the least I expect from a brand like Honda . Even Maruti always solved my problems and never gave me any issuse in any of my cars . Hell they never even broke down once in all the years I owned various Marutis . The sole reason for buying a Honda was to move up a brand . The only reason I do not feel completely lost is because of tha average amaze gives which is better than my dzire . Amongst all these cars Honda has the best turbo lag free engine I must admit . But the vibrations that come through the engine are quite unbearable .
If you work from 7-30pm to 11-30pm, you definitely have time for this crap in the mornings

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry 0730am to 1130 pm [lol]
Once again I must state that I do not intend to offend any ones views here . I simply state that I paid a premium for a car which has a better brand image than its nearest competition at least give me niggle free service . Dzire I have has less comfort ,better dash and more silent engine with smooth engine and an above average music system but looks quite ugly from outside. The Amaze has great space and comfort inside but poor looking dash noisier engine but good FE and a horrible music system but looks smart from outside . Both these cars our my daily drives . Both I purchased brand new in 2013 . So I think I can make a fair comparison . Again I must state looks are highly subjective .

Last edited:
ankushv, I agree with you on some those aspects. Diesel amaze is "cry out loud" noisy. If forum members can reduce that noise by DIY, why can't auto makers do the same? DIY is not everybody's cup of tea; it may cause rattles, void warranty and one needs to be brave enough to disturb the factory-fits of a brand new car and also confident enough that everything is put back as it was.

I own a Honda Amaze (P) myself and yes, I too get irritated about doors not getting auto-locked. By the way, user manual says that doors lock automatically when the key is out and it does happen; then why not when the ignition is on. Some tweaking should do the trick. I'll ask my SC during next service.

My car was purchased on 25 july 2013 . I have complained of the a pillar rattle on all three services . My last service was day before yesterday and I complained about the rattle still no effect . They lost my usb pen drive too when I gave my car for service . Never happened with maruti to me .
which service center did you take the car to? I took it to sundaram honda in hyderabad and the service advisor seemed to be informed of the rattles. this is the only issue that was fixed in my first service, though i informed them of other issues too. contact honda customer care helpdesk and inform them once. it may help.

Sorry 0730am to 1130 pm [lol]
Once again I must state that I do not intend to offend any ones views here . I simply state that I paid a premium for a car which has a better brand image than its nearest competition at least give me niggle free service . Dzire I have has less comfort ,better dash and more silent engine with smooth engine and an above average music system but looks quite ugly from outside. The Amaze has great space and comfort inside but poor looking dash noisier engine but good FE and a horrible music system but looks smart from outside . Both these cars our my daily drives . Both I purchased brand new in 2013 . So I think I can make a fair comparison . Again I must state looks are highly subjective .
Agree to this! Now when i look back, adjusting to chopped-back of Dzire would have been better decision than purchasing Amaze.

Dzire has better ASS (Maruti), refined engine, Automatic climatic control, better looking and performing music system, etc. Amaze Diesel in comparison feels cheap with its noisy engine which sounds like a truck, malfunctioning gear boxes, pillar rattles, bad ASS (Sundaram Honda and others).

Thread Starter #578
Found something interesting, don't know if you guys know this.

I've also seen the auto folding mirrors opening/closing irregularly when I start/stop the car. The general criteria is that they should open when car is turned on and close when turned off.
Now this is what i found
->The auto folding button can be pressed and unpressed. If the button is unpressed and car is started the mirrors will open but if you turn off the car the mirrors won't close automatically.
-> If the button is pressed and you turn off the car the mirrors automatically close. Again if you start car the mirror won't open.
Also mirrors open and close only if ignition switch is at position 2 or 3(engine is on).

That's kind of lousy programming by Honda.
I think that's a much more premium feature and don't ever think of it being provided in amaze !

Yes i can feel your emotions brother ! Get it settled before the things get more worse !

ankushv, I agree with you on some those aspects. Diesel amaze is "cry out loud" noisy. If forum members can reduce that noise by DIY, why can't auto makers do the same? DIY is not everybody's cup of tea; it may cause rattles, void warranty and one needs to be brave enough to disturb the factory-fits of a brand new car and also confident enough that everything is put back as it was.

I own a Honda Amaze (P) myself and yes, I too get irritated about doors not getting auto-locked. By the way, user manual says that doors lock automatically when the key is out and it does happen; then why not when the ignition is on. Some tweaking should do the trick. I'll ask my SC during next service.

Yes, for sure DIY is not for everyone. And of course the engine is noisier, not mine [evil]

Thread Starter #579
Meanwhile This Happened . Again.

One reckless biker just popped out form no where on a slow moving traffic , hit my ORVM and vanished ![frustration][frustration]

DSC06443.JPG

I think that's a much more premium feature and don't ever think of it being provided in amaze !
Grand i10 has such feature where mirrors open/close when car is unlocked/locked through remote control. I believe a little bit of work could have been done.

One reckless biker just popped out form no where on a slow moving traffic , hit my ORVM and vanished ![frustration][frustration]

View attachment 123908
Isn't that the same orvm which you fixed yourself earlier?

vishnu vichu sorry for the orvm hit . I asked the other day in arya honda mumbai and they said the fully painted motorised mirror costs 3.5 k to 4 k .
livecars I service my car at arya honda mumbai lalbaug .

One reckless biker just popped out form no where on a slow moving traffic , hit my ORVM and vanished !

View attachment 123908
Sorry to here that vishnu vichu [frustration], I think this time you need to consider whole replacement from Honda.

vishnu vichu sorry for the orvm hit . I asked the other day in arya honda mumbai and they said the fully painted motorised mirror costs 3.5 k to 4 k .
livecars I service my car at arya honda mumbai lalbaug.
ankushv From which service adviser you often meet while service? The person called Jaywant Koyande (SA at Lalbaug), he is good in the service at there, for more PM me. [:)]

Top Bottom