Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

any one upgraded tyre dimensions ? currently amaze comes with 175/65 R14 , i feel these are tiny for a sedan .

i feel 185/60 R15 would be right size ?
It may look tiny, actually upgrade is not required all the variants has ABS with EBD that does a very good job with the existing one [clap]. If you may upgrade if you need a wide look and also the mileage will drop [roll].

any one upgraded tyre dimensions ? currently amaze comes with 175/65 R14 , i feel these are tiny for a sedan .

i feel 185/60 R15 would be right size ?

It may look tiny, actually upgrade is not required all the variants has ABS with EBD that does a very good job with the existing one [clap]. If you may upgrade if you need a wide look and also the mileage will drop [roll].
Sorry to differ, but not all variants have ABS. Petrol variants except top end VX and (I think) newly launched SV dont have ABS. Please tell if you are looking at Diesel or Petrol? And which variant?

I agree that the default tyres look too small. I would suggest that you upgrade ONLY the width of tyre and not rim size. So 185/65 R14 is the right upgrade.
Also what is your driving - good roads or bad roads? Also go for a soft rubber tyres if you are primarily on good roads and somewhat hard tyres if you are on bad roads.

A correct upgrade is highly recommended for Amaze! :D

All the Mileage values are 90% city drive and 10% highways and with full time AC on
My good, do you fill diesel or steroids for your car? [;)]

i wish i got 34 on my honda brio , max i got is 20.5

Only this panel or all the brown panel's are being changed ? can you post some pictures ? really eager to know more[;)]
You can get it for 2000 rs on ebay + plus extra charger for the fitter

CAR DASHBOARD WOODEN KIT / TRIM FOR HONDA AMAZE V MT / S MT AUTOGRAPHIX | eBay

Ramu

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to differ, but not all variants have ABS. Petrol variants except top end VX and (I think) newly launched SV dont have ABS. Please tell if you are looking at Diesel or Petrol? And which variant?

I agree that the default tyres look too small. I would suggest that you upgrade ONLY the width of tyre and not rim size. So 185/65 R14 is the right upgrade.
Also what is your driving - good roads or bad roads? Also go for a soft rubber tyres if you are primarily on good roads and somewhat hard tyres if you are on bad roads.

A correct upgrade is highly recommended for Amaze! :D
185/65 R14 should be right upgrade . my car is SMT(D) so ABS/EBD is standard .

but since all tyres will be upgraded i dont think abs will be affected .[confused]

185/65 R14 should be right upgrade . my car is SMT(D) so ABS/EBD is standard .

but since all tyres will be upgraded i dont think abs will be affected .[confused]
how are your driving roads - good roads vs bad roads, any sharp curves, ghats or highways?

if you upgrade, upgrade all tyres! ABS will continue to act with new tyres. Just ensure that you go for right upgrade, so that riding comfort and braking is not affected -vely [:D]

how are your driving roads - good roads vs bad roads, any sharp curves, ghats or highways?

if you upgrade, upgrade all tyres! ABS will continue to act with new tyres. Just ensure that you go for right upgrade, so that riding comfort and braking is not affected -vely [:D]

i drive mostly in Bangalore city so some roads are good ,some are worse .

currently stock tires are good year (don't know what version ) , i feel they are good but road noise is bit huge . car wobbles a lot if road is uneven [frustration] .
rattles from dash board is bothering me a lot , my car is almost 3 months old ,

Problems facing .

1) noise levels gradually increasing
2) gear slotting is bit hard , my old swift is smooth with buttery shifts.
3) rattle sound from both sides of dash board (LHS and RHS)
4) my some one shakes his leg in car ,whole car shakes [confused] .
5) i have carnelian pearl red color and it get dusted within 5mins of wash .
6) clutch pedal gives screeching noise sometimes and when i show this to my friends noise vanishes .
7) when i apply brake i hear a noise which i usually hear from bus braking.
8) so many problems within 2.9k KMS

feels only i m facing these problems or others too who own a Diesel Amaze ?

only thing i liked is power of Amaze .

I too face problems in six months of ownership of my diesel vxmt carnelian red amaze . 1. Gear shift is hard . 2.RHS A pillar noise . 3. No auto door speed lock . 4. Many usb drives do not work in my car . Mileage is great though . Hovers around 20 in city with 100% Ac and 25 on highways with 100% Ac. I have not fitted autocop as they said then it will have a seperate remote and cannot integrate remote in original remote so I will have to carry 2 remotes . The car only has immobiliser and no alarm theft system . My swift dzire has all this . The dzire is a year old . Smooth gear shifts and auto door lock and unlock with immobiliser and security system in vdi model as standard .

Guys,

Bit of experience from my side -

Pros (apart from the very known ones) -

1. Good FE. I drive around 60+ KMs on weekdays and 20-30 KMs in weekends. I have been getting more than 20 KMPL continuously. In the morning hours, while going to office, I drive ~40-60KMPH with few traffic stops and sometimes to my surprise the display says 30 KMPL. Not sure how much accurate it is.

2. Power
3. Ease of driving and steering
4. I can connect my iPod. I have created playlists and I can easily browse and select playlists, albums, artists etc. It's very much compatible with iPod. I could easily connect my USB drives(less than 8GB, Transcend) without any hassle.
5. Seat height adjustment - I did not find this in a lot of cars and happy to have it in Amaze

Cons -

1. Rattling sound - Gosh!! sometimes this irritates..especially at 1500-1800 RPM (3rd Gear). I am going to fix this at any cost in my next servicing.
2. Auto lock
3. There is hardly any space behind the back seat. I am not able to keep even my tissue box.
4. Average standard music system (especially the look and feel).
5. Gear slotting - Gradually I am used it and now I am quite comfortable. One key point is it doesnt allow to downshift so easily unless the speed is relevant for that gear.

I am sure I'll be able to share more/different experience after few more thousand KMs. But overall I am happy to own this car.

/neo

Yes, most of the owners are facing rattling issue and hard gear shifting but most of the things can be sorted out. We even have damp mats for NVH issue. Somehow amaze doesn't feel like Honda in terms of refinement[frustration]. Why Honda:mad:

i have driven 23k (in 15 months of brio) and i still have issues in gear hardness. I dunno what the heck kind of gearboxes H! are manufacturing.

If you compare to the butter smooth gear box of maruti and hyundai, honda gearbox are very bad :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, most of the owners are facing rattling issue and hard gear shifting but most of the things can be sorted out. We even have damp mats for NVH issue. Somehow amaze doesn't feel like Honda in terms of refinement[frustration]. Why Honda:mad:
Have you done damping and if so where it was done and which all areas you covered

probably all the issues will vanish out of my mind when i am driving this super car which has incredible handling , swift lacks it and that's the only reason i went for amaze .

going at 145 top speed this car is stable than swift , additional gear would have been good for more speed , but 5th gear top speed 145 reaches at 3800 RPM .

deville_56

Honoured Member
i have driven 23k (in 15 months of brio) and i still have issues in gear hardness. I dunno what the heck kind of gearboxes H! are manufucaturing.

If u compare to the butter smooth gear box of maruti and hyundai, honda gearbox are very bad :(
My cousin's Brio got butter smooth gearbox.

Top Bottom