Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Oops ! How's the OBD scanner working ? Which application using for the reading's ? Can you share some pictures ?

Me neither[confused]. What are they doing actually ? changing the location or what ?[confused]
The OBD scanner is working fine. The applications are Torque, Fun2drive etc. The device is quite nice gives out quite good readings. It also has 0-100 timer, I was able to get 13.1s one instance. It also gives out how much HP you are getting.
2013-10-30 18.46.22 (FILEminimizer).jpg

The air intake pipe had a small opening, they covered it.

The OBD scanner is working fine. The applications are Torque, Fun2drive etc. The device is quite nice gives out quite good readings. It also has 0-100 timer, I was able to get 13.1s one instance. It also gives out how much HP you are getting.
View attachment 122461

Are you getting the live fuel level (from engine ecu) in torque with obd

I just checked some of the mileage stats you posted. That is some excellent figures you are getting, Vishnu [:)] I'm stunned. For 70% city runs, that is excellent.

Regards,
Vipin

Hi All

got my vehicle serviced for 10k kms. i own an EMT Diesel variant.
Honda has sent a mail to all its ASS for dashboard/A pillar rattles.
Before i could explain the service advisor my problem, he simply stated that they know the problem and are rectifyng this in all Honda Amaze. I dealt with Classic Honda Faridabad.

The service bill was 2700 INR.
ANd yes....the rattles have disappeared after the service.
After 10k Kms, my Honda is giving a mileage of 22.98 km/l . And the overall mileage right from the day i bought it has been 21.52 km/l.
Mileage has significantly improved after 5000 kms.

Last edited:
Hey Vishnu,

Congrats on owning honda amaze and i to own one urban titanium smt D. The snapshot of DIY are really good. Amaze is my first car and I had no idea earlier
Watched the entire thread and it is very helpful in understanding amaze.

Stock Horn sound is very low and i planned to upgrade to Windtone DIY. Could you let me know the details about the stock horn wire connection how to connect the New horn wiring without voiding warranty.

Regards
Ramesh. S

Thread Starter #534
View attachment 122461

Picture looks impressive ! I would like to see all the gauges working [lol]

Trusting your word, I got System D yesterday.
Let me see if it makes any difference after a couple of refills.
How was it ? Have you tried System D ? Any changes ?

I just checked some of the mileage stats you posted. That is some excellent figures you are getting, Vishnu I'm stunned. For 70% city runs, that is excellent.

Regards,
Vipin
The ECO light in the amaze is what helps me during the city commutes and thus fetches me more mileage.[evil]

Hi All

got my vehicle serviced for 10k kms. i own an EMT Diesel variant.
Honda has sent a mail to all its ASS for dashboard/A pillar rattles.
Before i could explain the service advisor my problem, he simply stated that they know the problem and are rectifyng this in all Honda Amaze. I dealt with Classic Honda Faridabad.

The service bill was 2700 INR.
ANd yes....the rattles have disappeared after the service.
After 10k Kms, my Honda is giving a mileage of 22.98 km/l . And the overall mileage right from the day i bought it has been 21.52 km/l.
Mileage has significantly improved after 5000 kms.
That's a Happy news. Have you inspected the A pillar to see what they've done to make the vibes disappear ?

It costed me around 2200 here for the 10k kms service :)

vishnu haven't you got your air intake changed ?? BTW DON'T FORGET TO POST PICTURES OF YOUR REPLACEMENT!!!
No, i haven't got the replacement yet. Will be inquiring about it soon.

Hey Vishnu,

Congrats on owning honda amaze and i to own one urban titanium smt D. The snapshot of DIY are really good. Amaze is my first car and I had no idea earlier
Watched the entire thread and it is very helpful in understanding amaze.

Stock Horn sound is very low and i planned to upgrade to Windtone DIY. Could you let me know the details about the stock horn wire connection how to connect the New horn wiring without voiding warranty.

Regards
Ramesh. S
You can use a Blade connector for connecting any other horns and add a relay. Blade connector of that size was rarely seen here and hence used wires and sealed then to take the connection. You're safe with the connection until you cut any stock wires.

I dont think this is the right thread for this as this is vishnu's 'amazing' thread.
However just to mention, this looks like Dzire's cousin
The picture he posted was about the next possible competent for amaze[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
How much km's done ? Try not to downshift the gear too early and that's the reason why the gear not slot in.
Send a mail to Honda regarding the bad attitude from ASS.
Just touching 1000 kms. Not sure if this will fix the problem, since I find the gear doesn't downshift to 1st even when i'm at less than 10 km/hr speed and requires atleast 3 tries before it slots into 1st gear.

Honda India seems as bad as ASS. See my email conversation with Honda India.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ence-sundaram-honda-hyderabad.html#post361830

You can use a Blade connector for connecting any other horns and add a relay. Blade connector of that size was rarely seen here and hence used wires and sealed then to take the connection. You're safe with the connection until you cut any stock wires.
If possible could you upload some multiple snap shots of the connections ..[:)]

Top Bottom