Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

^^ It is not only Amaze, none of the vehicles it will be easier to slot 1st gear above 10km/hr. This is gear box characteristics to avoid accidentally put 1st gear and damage gear box. Same is the case with reverse gear too.
it make driving really difficult in stop and go traffic for maruti petrol vehicle or any other vehicles which had very low low end torque.
Oh I didn't know this, thanks for enlightening me!

Just started using system d in my amaze.
The results are good,nvh levels are down significantly.the car is running more smooth.[clap]

Thread Starter #514
To aid in better fuel efficiency, a special ultra low viscosity (0W20 grade) semi-synthetic diesel engine oil is used. Honda co-developed this oil with Idemitsu and JX Oil.
src - Overdrive
That is what is coming as standard engine oil right ?

Is it easy to fit seat covers without breaking the rear seat clips ? I want to fit seat covers to my Vxmt idtec . As the rear seat is fixed how do they remove it to fix the covers ?
the rear seat can be removed by unscrewing the bolts by which the seat is being connected to the body. It's an easy process !!

Yes. Special ultra low viscosity oil developed for amaze diesel engines. Honda recommends that. Any attempt?
To my belief, that's what i was using from since i bought amaze !!

Actually, all Honda amaze were running on this oil only unlike other manufacturers who recommend specific viscosity grade from any brands where Honda develops its own.
Thanks to Honda for such a brilliant diesel engine that too on first attempt which offers best of both worlds (Performance & FE) .
well, Absolutely !

HI,

I own an april 2013 diesel SMT model. Gear shifts were not smooth to start with, but now it has become worse.

1st gear sometimes refuses to slot. Service advisor is saying there are many complaints for hard gear shifts.

Is this is the case? Anybody has got any info on this.
It's when the car is moving right ? Don't downshift to 1st gear unless the vehicle speed has been reached to 10 kmph. Unless you'll feel it hard ! It's not a complaint on my view!

Hi I too have hard gear shifts in my vxmt diesel . BTW rahul321 you are on the other forum too ? I'm anky there .
I also used to have and now i got the perfect downshift ranges [evil]

Yeah the gear just refuses to slot in to the first gear if the speed is above 10kmph. This is after my 2nd free service. Also the overall smoothness in shifting has been improved by a great margin.
Previously the gear only slotted in to the 1st gear, when the car is stationery. So now it has improved.

I kept insisting the service centres to improve the gears, which eventually worked.
Even asked the mech, to take it out out for a spin and test the gears, while I was accompanying him.
That's a good news ! How's the After Sales Service ?

any one knows exact location of OBD port? , i could not find it in my amaze SMT(D).
it's under the glove box right ? Haven't checked it thoroughly. I think I've came across it on some of my DIY's [evil]

I too experience the same especially from 1st to 2nd gear but it got solved partially after service. After insisting , they said this issue is common in amaze and cant be solved. May be a mail to honda , can make them solve this issue permanently.
is it that bad ? have you tried changing it when it's under 10 kmph ?

^^ It is not only Amaze, none of the vehicles it will be easier to slot 1st gear above 10km/hr. This is gear box characteristics to avoid accidentally put 1st gear and damage gear box. Same is the case with reverse gear too.
it make driving really difficult in stop and go traffic for maruti petrol vehicle or any other vehicles which had very low low end torque.
[cheers]

Just started using system d in my amaze.
The results are good,nvh levels are down significantly.the car is running more smooth.
You mean System G ?

I am getting around 19-20 kmpl on the whole [:D]
That is what is coming as standard engine oil right ?
The System D type oil will not come as standard engine oil. You have to change on special request. The same engine in new Honda city offers full 26kmpl. In Amaze it will be 25.xxkmpl. How is the performance of the engine on national highways?

Re: DIY Meshing and Horn Upgrade

The exposed grill was the first thing that got my attention in the showroom before buying the car. Mind blowing mod you've done there. Just a dumb question. Does all this void warrante? I hate the stock horn my Amaze too but don't wanna fiddle with anything that voids warrantee. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Kudos to the mod again.

The first thing that came into my mind when i saw Honda amaze was the Exposed radiator Grill and it staredt to worry me :( I was thinking of how to prevent the radiator fins from small stones, flies and all the dust particles while riding and ended up deciding to mesh up and cover the radiator grill portion so as atleast the fins can be saved from bending and there is enough pores in the mesh to keep the engine cool [clap]. And also to change the crappy scooty pep horn's to a much more better ones :D I have bought Roots Windtone and Upgraded it :)

Thread Starter #518
Re: DIY Meshing and Horn Upgrade

The System D type oil will not come as standard engine oil. You have to change on special request. The same engine in new Honda city offers full 26kmpl. In Amaze it will be 25.xxkmpl. How is the performance of the engine on national highways?
Thanks for the information. I was totally unaware about this thing. next time i'll check up about it with the Service centre.

The performance, moreover cruising ability is very brilliant. Vehicle is butter smooth once you past 100 kmph. Although you got a Top End Restriction at 150 kmph[frustration]. Nobody speeds above that in Kerala roads, though it's
bad to get a top end cut with 100 horses on your foot. !

The exposed grill was the first thing that got my attention in the showroom before buying the car. Mind blowing mod you've done there. Just a dumb question. Does all this void warrante? I hate the stock horn my Amaze too but don't wanna fiddle with anything that voids warrantee. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Kudos to the mod again.
No !! Never . Unless you cut any stock wire, you're safe with the warranty.
i have changed the stock horns and done all the other DIY's without cutting the stock wire's and hence no problem with the warranty[clap]

I got a replacement of something which is used to suck air for the engine from olympia honda when i gave my vehicle for service.EXCUSE ME I DONT KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED BUT THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY CHANGE IT FOR ALL AMAZES(D). IT LOOKED LIKE A BENT PIPE..

Thread Starter #521
System D is just a diesel additive.

System D
That was enlightening [clap]

I got a replacement of something which is used to suck air for the engine from olympia honda when i gave my vehicle for service.EXCUSE ME I DONT KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED BUT THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY CHANGE IT FOR ALL AMAZES(D). IT LOOKED LIKE A BENT PIPE..
Don't you get the part name in your bill ? Was that a warranty replacement ?

HI,

I own an april 2013 diesel SMT model. Gear shifts were not smooth to start with, but now it has become worse.

1st gear sometimes refuses to slot. Service advisor is saying there are many complaints for hard gear shifts.

Is this is the case? Anybody has got any info on this.
Same here as well. I am having scary driving experiences especially during nights when gears in my Amaze remain hard and don't slot. First gear induces a different level of fright since the gear rod actually jams really hard when I am downshifting to 1st. I have to try atleast 3-4 times before it gets slotted to first gear :(

You are lucky that your service advisor seems to agree. The service advisors and leads at Sundaram Motors in MG road, Hyderabad are refusing to acknowledge issue. They keep returning the car back to me without fixing issue.

Thread Starter #523
Same here as well. I am having scary driving experiences especially during nights when gears in my Amaze remain hard and don't slot. First gear induces a different level of fright since the gear rod actually jams really hard when I am downshifting to 1st. I have to try atleast 3-4 times before it gets slotted to first gear :(

You are lucky that your service advisor seems to agree. The service advisors and leads at Sundaram Motors in MG road, Hyderabad are refusing to acknowledge issue. They keep returning the car back to me without fixing issue.
How much km's done ? Try not to downshift the gear too early and that's the reason why the gear not slot in.
Send a mail to Honda regarding the bad attitude from ASS.

it's under the glove box right ? Haven't checked it thoroughly. I think I've came across it on some of my DIY's
It's on the upper left side of clutch pedal. Not a convenient location though, each time I connect an OBD scanner I have to completely lay down on the floor mats!

That was enlightening [clap]
Don't you get the part name in your bill ? Was that a warranty replacement ?
It's the air intake pipe. I've also heard it is being done on all cars to protect against water splash. It's a warranty replacement so it's free. Haven't got call from my SA though.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #525
It's on the upper left side of clutch pedal. Not a convenient location though, each time I connect an OBD scanner I have to completely lay down on the floor mats!
Oops ! How's the OBD scanner working ? Which application using for the reading's ? Can you share some pictures ?

It's the air intake pipe. I've also heard it is being done on all cars to protect against water splash. It's a warranty replacement so it's free. Haven't got call from my SA though.
Me neither[confused]. What are they doing actually ? changing the location or what ?[confused]

Top Bottom