Duster 85 PS RXL vs Scorpio LX vs Ertiga ZDI (Booked Duster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61
But @vindan, think twice before going for a vehicle without ABS. I did the same 2 years back and regretting now as ABS is must today's road situations and for safety[:)]
RK, true. But it is way beyond my budget. It is also in Scorpio SLE territory. I don't want to pay that much for Duster when I can get the Scorpio for that money. I think Duster RXL is better than Scorpio LX in terms of equipment level.

Dear All,

Thank you every one for all the valuable inputs. Each one of you helped me in some way in finalizing my purchase decision.

Against all the advice, I have booked the Renault Duster RXL 85 PS model today.

I have carefully considered all the 3 options before finalizing the duster.

Scorpio - Because of the expected face lift, I had to leave this out. Otherwise would have stretched my budget for SLE. The loan rates for used cars are much more expensive. So didn't go for the used Scorpio

Ertiga - It was a close contender till yesterday. More car like experience went against it.

Duster RXL - Suddenly Renault has increased the discount on Duster which somehow offset the high price of Duster. The equipment level is more than enough for me. But absence of ABS is concern. Family loved the looks. Apart from Price and interior plastic quality, I don't find many negative comments about Duster. So went for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #63
Re: Duster 85 PS RXL vs Scorpio LX vs Ertiga ZDI

Vindan, are you exchanging your car to get this discount?
No Mohit. It is the RC Book process. You would have seen the 60K ad in many media. If you already have a car, You should definitely get the 60K.

No Mohit. It is the RC Book process. You would have seen the 60K ad in many media. If you already have a car, You should definitely get the 60K.
I have been offered only 30k for RC book process and was told for 60k need to exchange car. But since you have got the same, I can push for it.

Have you done TD of 85ps? I could do only for 110 ps and found clutch to be very hard. How is the clutch of 85ps?

Congrats for your purchase, which color you opted for? Did you book in chd?

Last edited:

I have been offered only 30k for RC book process and was told for 60k need to exchange car. But since you have got the same, I can push for it.

Have you done TD of 85ps? I could do only for 110 ps and found clutch to be very hard. How is the clutch of 85ps?

Congrats for your purchase, which color you opted for? Did you book in chd?
I don't think you get 60K off WITHOUT exchanging your old car. The maximum that you can get is 30K. I have booked the duster and managed to get a total of 50K worth of discounts.

Here's a breakup of the discounts if it helps you:

- 30K for RC book thing
- 7K off from the insurance
- Was being offered 10K worth of underbody coating + paint protection for free, but didn't opt for it and hence, another 10K off.
- Accessories worth 5K for free (Mud flaps, mats, body cover, etc.)

So you don't want easy car like handling? ok! U are definitely not getting the worth of your valuable 10 lakhs! sorry to say this!
If you were naturally going for the Duster, why did you ask our suggestions? You could have just taken a TD and decided for yourself instead of wasting the time of us sensible people! Anyway have a nice experience! congrats!

Last edited:

Congrats Vindan for your selection, but still these things haunt me

1. No ABS
2. Price still looks high for a 85ps thing

Dear All,
The equipment level is more than enough for me. But absence of ABS is concern. Family loved the looks. Apart from Price and interior plastic quality, I don't find many negative comments about Duster. So went for it.
However much analysis/ discussion one does, its the heart that wins over the mind most of the times.:tongue:

Given the same budget, I too would have gone for the Duster considering the SUV options available at present.

Congratulations for your choice and welcome to the SUV club. Will be looking forward to see your SUV in the initial ownership thread.[:)]

P.S: Since you have already booked your Car, I would advise you to request MODs to close this thread for obvious reasons, if you wish to do so.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #69
Congrats Vindan for your selection, but still these things haunt me

1. No ABS
2. Price still looks high for a 85ps thing
True. But apart from Ertiga i didn't have any other option in this price range. .

However much analysis/ discussion one does, its the heart that wins over the mind most of the times.

Given the same budget, I too would have gone for the Duster considering the SUV options available at present.

Congratulations for your choice and welcome to the SUV club. Will be looking forward to see your SUV in the initial ownership thread.[:)]

P.S: Since you have already booked your Car, I would advise you to request MODs to close this thread for obvious reasons, if you wish to do so.[thumbsup]
Thanks Manoj. Scorpio was a serious contender because of you [:)]

Mods, Please close this thread as I have booked the Duster. Also please change the thread title to 'Duster 85 PS RXL vs Scorpio LX vs Ertiga ZDI (Booked Duster)' if possible.

Mods, Please close this thread as I have booked the Duster. Also please change the thread title to 'Duster 85 PS RXL vs Scorpio LX vs Ertiga ZDI (Booked Duster)' if possible.
Vindan, you didnt answer whether you managed to get 60k discount without exchanging your car?? It will help prospective buyers like me! Thanks

Firstly, welcome aboard [:)]
If you ask me to choose one for the three for pure driving pleasure, Scorpio any day.
Will I buy a Scorpio LX today? No. Why?
  • The ABS is a must have feature for me in an SUV of its dimensions. I drive a Scorpio equipped with ABS since 2009.
  • A facelift with many significant changes are expected to be launched soon. If you want a Scorpio, waiting for a couple of months would be sensible.
Between Ertiga Zdi and Duster 85 PS RxL,
Thanks Manoj. Scorpio was a serious contender because of you [:)]
I didn't get what you meant, mate. In fact, my choice was Duster not Scorpio [roll]

Thread Starter #72
Yes, if you are new to driving an SUV and expecting anything on four wheels to handle exactly the same way. On 4/6-lane highways you can cruise easily at 120 km/h in your Scorpio. No SUV is safe enough above this mark on most of the Indian roads and conditions.

As far as Scorpio's dynamics are concerned, I do the following things on a regular basis
  • Maintain the right tyre pressure depending on the load
  • Check for the damage / Replace those cheap stabiliser bar bushes or balancing rod bushes [whatever the name is] every 4-5k kms.
  • Wheel alignment every 2k kms at a reliable centre.
  • Develop a SUV friendly driving habit, especially while cutting lanes and avoid swerving especially while you are in the north of 100km/h.
Even after 4 years and clocking 60k+ kms, every time I turn on the ignition key and move forward, the exhilaration this torque tank gives me is unmatched.

P.S:
  • I had an instance during a local commute in Munnar area/Ghats section, in our fully loaded Ertiga on a steep climb with a heavy Truck in front and a private bus behind with its driver standing on the gas pedal and honking. I had my heart in my mouth, when the truck got stalled suddenly right in front and the way I had to get the 1.3L Diesel to pull the MPV from stand still, with 7 on board was indeed a lesson very well learned. Having said that it's indeed effortless to drive in the city and on highways.
  • I guess I don't have to elaborate any more for why I choose the Scorpio, while the brand new Ertiga ZDi is being parked alongside wanting for a long drive?
I meant your positive comments like above about your experience with Scorpio [:D]

Vindan, you didnt answer whether u managed to get 60k discount without exchanging your car?? It will help prospective buyers like me! Thanks
Mohit, Yes. 60K with out exchanging any car. (Just RC book process)

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for updating and congratulations in advance. We look forward to an ownership review of your Duster soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom