Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #422
Visran:
Hmmm well first I washed the engine bay with soap water & then flushed with normal water. To get this shine, I just dipped a piece of cotton waste in diesel & started scrubbing everywhere. finally again flushed with plain water.

I have cut the lengthy air filter box, just adds sound (mini K&N effect) in low gears. Although its not good for engine as it is sucking in hot air now. It is good if the whole lengthy pipe is left as it is - OEM CAI (cold air intake)

Its best to leave the airbox as it is.By cutting you are sucking in hot air when the car is running.You can add flexible hose and extend the air box to the grill.Just make sure to point the open end downwards,so it doesn't suck debris.You may have to remove it during the rains.A new air box would cost close to Rs 800-1000.

Last edited:
SS80 can u check out following in your car
1. remove radiator cap and observe the coolant by increasing the engine speed accelerator cable back of carb. observe the coolant if it flows firecely or just wobbling a little bit i want this because i think my radiator is chocked or less flow from coolant pump.

and after can u telle the temperature reading after the engine is hot for me it is 3/4 to half mark ie 40% is it same for you

I have done this a little while back and the coolant starts overflowing from the radiator when you accelerate.The more you accelerate the more it comes out.The temp gauge starts to rise when I keep accelerating.But it always remains below the 50% percent mark.

You can get the radiator pressure washed and flushed, that should remove all the debris from the radiator.If the problem continues, the radiator has some springs in it that you can remove to facilitate free flow of the coolant.I think Varun and SS80 have done this.

Last edited:
The engine bay looks neat ! do coat the engine head with powder coating, it will look even more neat, powder coating unlike paint doesn't peel off like paint when surface is hot

Thread Starter #427
I have done only radiator flushing, it does magic in terms of temperature guage readings. I have driven some long trips (290kms in five hours) & never my temp needle crossed the half mark. I will however check the same as u said & will update you Silver Dove.

RPM2500: I had plans of Chroming few parts

1. Head Cover
2. Strut Brace
3. Timing Belt cover
4. Coolant pump to radiator (metal hose)

Bling Bling style [;)] Not sure when but will do it when Vit M flows in.

Not just hot, Paint is easier to chip than powder coat.

SS80:You have been watching too much of pimp my ride [lol] and west coast customs.Whats with all the bling bling, bangalore mafia?

Thread Starter #429
Yeah you are right Jarpickle, I have been watching a lot of episodes of "West Coat Customs". The chrome things are in my mind ever since I fixed the Strut Brace. The blue paint on the strut is really good, so may be I will skip that, but rest has to be chrome.
Does chrome too give up on exessive heat? Most bike silencers are chrome so it should take the beating, but car engine reaches higher temp I guess.

In all truth all silencers are made of stainless steel.The chrome plating is gone after a while and it needs to be re chromed.

Chrome starts to flake, I've seen it happen on the old bikes.So they get it rechromed or if its rusted they change it.

Yeah you are right Jarpickle, I have been watching a lot of episodes of "West Coat Customs". The chrome things are in my mind ever since I fixed the Strut Brace. The blue paint on the strut is really good, so may be I will skip that, but rest has to be chrome.
Does chrome too give up on exessive heat? Most bike silencers are chrome so it should take the beating, but car engine reaches higher temp I guess.
Bling your ride with a hell lot of chrome, put in alligator skin seat covers, wheel spinners & there you have it, a perfect mafia ride [:D]

On a serious note just wanted to share that the most heated component is the Silencer/ exhaust pipe. It even surpasses the engine temp.

BTW will be looking forward to this subtle chrome effect. [;)]

SS80 - Do let me know when you want to get powder coat i have a friend's uncle who does powder coating will introduce you to him. recently got a contact for chrome plating as well , when my friend was doing his enticer parts in chrome.

Thread Starter #433
Sagar & Jarpickle:
Thanks for the info, I will update here once its done [:)]

RPM2500:
Yes I will surely contact you for the same. Will arrange Vitamin M soon & will take out parts to be chromed.

Thread Starter #434
I had bought a 60cm water proof led strip sometime back so did a DIY tonight & here is the result.
1. Replaced the front combo indicator cover with a thick plastic sheet (almost 5mm)
2. Replaced the 5W bulbs in the parking lamp slot with LED strip (9Led each side)
3. Will replace the indicator bulbs with Orange bulbs as in Alto/M800 Type3 & so on.

Here are the pics
Photo0055.jpg

1-led park lights 001.JPG

4-led park lights 009.JPG

2-led park lights 002.JPG

3-led park lights 006.JPG
Will update a day time pic of the cover by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom