Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Anand,

This cannot happen, GOD will never give up the people who are passionate towards something. And the love which you have towards the beloved Maruti 800(not only your car but also all the 800's) is incomparable. I have not seen a person who loves the car so much than you. You will find an alternative. Please do not depart your car. I totally understand the emotions you are undergoing but its all the matter of time and you will find a way than disposing it to someone.

Girish

Sorry to hear this. I am too attached to your 800 and your DIYs.
Hope your beloved gets well soon.
Soon you'll get a good job and all the worries will be over. My best wishes are with you.

I feel sad to hear that more sad to hear about the loss of you BIL, Anand bhai, can't say much as i am at a loss of words, just hope your car goes into right hands who admires & cherishes it the way you did.

Re: My car is for sale, sad but true

The last fortnight has been the worst in my whole life, with too much of loss & pain.I am selling my car to support to my ailing family member. I have tried everything to manage the situation, but finally landed in this position.

I love my car a lot & also the DIYs. My car cant be the workhorse (due to running costs of car) I need right now, I have a bike now to do that task, but that too is already in mild restoration [frustration]. I have started a thread for the bike ownership review.

I would lose a lot of money & happiness, but I have no choice.

A request to all TAI Members:
Please do refer me to anyone looking for a well cared & loved car with a little repairs needed. I will be Honest & Transparent to anyone interested in buying my car, NO HIDDEN SURPRISES.

Quotes can be sent to me by PM or to my email: bikeranand[at]gmail.com

This thread will end soon, but I am sure I will buy yet another car (not sure when) & do a deeper drill on it[:)].

I loved your thread and sad to see it end. My father had a 1987 Red Maruti 800 which is still working its going to be 26yrs old in January 2013. Its now with my uncle, although my father is still the owner.

Here is a pic of my Maruti 800 Std, Both pics are 20yrs apart. The first one is in 1987. and the second one in 2007. Its been exactly 8yrs since i last sat in a Maruti 800.

Thread Starter #455
Thanks a lot to everyone,

Today took the car out for detailed wash, diesel spray, full underbody cleaning, air check, filled some fuel too for test drives.

Here are some pictures of the same,
1-DSC_0070.jpg

2-DSC_0071.jpg

3-DSC_0072.jpg

4-DSC_0073.jpg

5-DSC_0074.jpg

6-DSC_0075.jpg

7-DSC_0076.jpg

9-Photo0190.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

Got a few calls since morning. But I am sure it has a good caring buyer. I am quoting 65K (non-nego) which is almost half the actual value (buying + restoring), but the market is pretty poor for a car from this era & very few buyers know about maintenance of cars.

I really hope you find buyers at that price.I have laughed at the offers that are being made for mine, including the Maruti loyalty program itself.(Dad had inquired while booking the new car [;)] Not selling it, I was clear about it)

You cannot appreciate this car as per market values.Truly sad.

Last edited:
Dear SS80,Car Looks Beautiful And Clean. What About the Number Plate. Think About The Emboss IND Type Number Plate Its Look Good AND PerFect For your Car

Thread Starter #458
Dear SS80,Car Looks Beautiful And Clean..What About the Number Plate ..Think About The Emboss IND Type Number Plate Its Look Good AND PerFect For your Car
Thanks for the suggestion Indian Mustang,
Since I am selling my car in a few days, I dont want to invest any more money on it. The last cleaning itself costed me 350/- & 400 for fuel.

Now in another half hour the painful task of selling car begins. Couple of people are meeting me today for test drive [cry].

Your car is glittering like new..

Any day I would suggest not to sell.

One final suggestion, remove he strut bar, cd player and then sell the car.
You can sell them individually to fetch more money ! Or you can give it to some car enthusiasts like us.

Thread Starter #460
Sorry Varun, without the music system the resale value (as per buyers) is very low, tried that also, dint work. Infact the ICE was one of the biggest convincing factor for them.

The first customer to test drive my car was from Bangalore itself & dint know much about cars. So he gave a call to one of his friend, that person works @ Prerana motors & knows in & out about cars. Once he came, drove the car, he got convinced that its a good car, later I showed them the bills & approx amount spent in all of this. The mechanic listened to me for about twenty minutes & then he went for another test drive finally they all liked the car very much.

Sale price is 65K, transfer charge is mine so I might lose around 1.5K (I think so) so in hand it will be 63K. He will make full payment by tomorrow & will collect the car. I have informed him about the dynamo replacement cost & if done, engine overhaul cost.

Now the waiting begins for the cash, my car sits silently in one corner. I just pray that the new owner takes care of her the way I did [cry].

I will post the list of parts replaced with full cost etc here so that others in case have to buy any of them, will have a good idea.

hmm sorry to here this about your car @SS80 as I was for the first time completely glued to your thread and was able to see so many things can be done on 800, but of course you family member is also important for you than car and I wish you get a good buyer who takes care of your beautiful car !!

Thanks for the suggestion Indian Mustang,
Since I am selling my car in a few days, I dont want to invest any more money on it. The last cleaning itself costed me 350/- & 400 for fuel.

Now in another half hour the painful task of selling car begins. Couple of people are meeting me today for test drive [cry].
Oh No! I missing Some Post.is That Attack to hear you are selling your Beauty [cry]Anyways. After Sell This Teddy BOy..you want go for another Car [:D]

What Is The Over All Cost in Today Date you invested In your Car Including car purchase price.Total Amount ?

hey,I Just Read the previous post.And Sorry for that.Everything Will Be all Right.Don`t be upset. He/she will get well soon.buddy.keep smiling.smile is the only solution in problem [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom