Bought My First Car - Maruti 800 AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #436
Initially that is what I too thought, but then the LED strip isnt that bright/bright enough to give a good reflection. Leaving them this way will atleast make them visible & look like NRL
:stupid:
1-070.jpg
I want the transparency of the plastic sheet to be reduced, shall I try sandpaper?or will it screw the looks.

Thread Starter #439
The indicator function will be performed by the 12V 21W Orange Bulbs (below pic). There is a purpose the company has given 21Watts bulbs in the front bumper, hence dont want to mess with that. These bulbs are from Alto Tail Lamp (Clear type indicators)
Photo0109.jpg

The blue light in the above pics is only a replacement for the 12V 5W parking bulbs, the led strip saves some power & adds looks.
065.jpg

HI Anand
The LED is looking nice at night,but at day you have to compromise with the faded indicators reflectors.Why not paste aluminium foil neatly there.Else the best method is to spend a little more and chrome it.Not sure if any other cars indicators will fit.Search for some china made custom indicators in accesories shop.Also file the glass lens from sides to enhance the looks.
Hope i will also do the same to my 800 soon.[roll]

Soon I'll have to make some changes in the front Indicators. LED's will be replaced by 21W bulbs soon, as the LED indicators can't be seen from the front when lights are turned on.

Thread Starter #444
Arunabh:
Thanks, I have filed only left side glass's edges. I will do for the other side too.

Shantanu:
Good that you switching back to the bulbs, just go for any "PUROLITE" - 20Rs. or "PHILIPS" - 35.Rs orange bulbs. They should be good enough.

Took my car for wheel alignment (no balancing) - Rs.200/-
Photo0124.jpg

Photo0125.jpg
Pic taken from alignment tunnel.

This is the problem I face now, the LED strip is too bright making the orange indicator light into White. Difficult for oncoming vehicles to notice my indicators. So planning to put the LED strip somewhere else/ give it a switch.
lprob.jpg

Yesterday, I had a 590km trip (to & fro - KA & TN) in my car. Few things I observed
- FRONT RIMS are out of shape, heavy wobbling - no point in wheel balancing, replacement is better idea.
- Brakes are less effective after a couple of hours
- Front Right wheel skids very easily & squeals loudly everytime I brake hard (left wheel is normal)
- Drove through almost 90kms of potholed road (at 20kmph to 40kmph) & the ride quality was like "BEING IN HELL" so much bounce, thuds.
- BACK SEAT is a nightmare
- Total load in car while coming back (read potholed roads) 3adults + 2kids + 70kgs (min) of luggage is dikki
- cant play music after sometime as car starts to jerk heavily.

ONLY FEW GOOD THINGS I NOTICED
- NO BREAKDOWNS AT ALL!
- Air pressure in front two tyres came to half of what it should have, still no punctures
- crazy headlights (without these 100/90 I wont dare night trips)
- Average mileage - 15.6kmpl (complete off roading in some places or tripple digit cruising)

Just look at the dust on my car after the trip!
dirty car.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #445
My car is for sale, sad but true

The last fortnight has been the worst in my whole life, with too much of loss & pain.I am selling my car to support to my ailing family member. I have tried everything to manage the situation, but finally landed in this position.

I love my car a lot & also the DIYs. My car cant be the workhorse (due to running costs of car) I need right now, I have a bike now to do that task, but that too is already in mild restoration [frustration]. I have started a thread for the bike ownership review.

I would lose a lot of money & happiness, but I have no choice.

A request to all TAI Members:
Please do refer me to anyone looking for a well cared & loved car with a little repairs needed. I will be Honest & Transparent to anyone interested in buying my car, NO HIDDEN SURPRISES.

Quotes can be sent to me by PM or to my email: bikeranand[at]gmail.com

This thread will end soon, but I am sure I will buy yet another car (not sure when) & do a deeper drill on it[:)].

I don't have any words to say ! I never thought this thread would end like this.

The buyer is getting this car is taking all the credit of DIY's etc etc.

Is there any other way to save the beloved 800 !! [cry]

The only car which takes any sort of DIY's makes you happy is 800 ! You know this rite !

Re: My car is for sale, sad but true

The last fortnight has been the worst in my whole life, with too much of loss & pain.I am selling my car to support to my ailing family member. I have tried everything to manage the situation, but finally landed in this position.

I love my car a lot & also the DIYs. My car cant be the workhorse (due to running costs of car) I need right now, I have a bike now to do that task, but that too is already in mild restoration [frustration]. I have started a thread for the bike ownership review.
Hope your beloved gets well soon.

For your car, i can well understand the emotions, however, there are times when we land up in these tough situations. I am sure things will soon be ok for you and you will be back with a bang[:)].

Im saddened ! didn't expect such a wonderful thread will come to an end.... don't know what to say ... don't worry Anand this time shall pass. Who knows you might have a better ride in future - you must have learnt a lot things from this car you can always use that knowledge for your future possessions, that is something no one will be able to take away from you. Do post your ad in some websites and when posting give a link to your thread. also mention the amount you have spent on it. Will give some more value.

Really Saddened to read your post. Hope all is well bro. Please sit calmly for few minutes and i am sure you will come up with alternatives than selling the beloved M800. It is your child and i really know what is the emotional situation you are undergoing at this moment,

Please reconsider your decision of parting ways with M800 and i am 100% sure god will give you alternate way to come out of the crisis.

All the best bro.

Thanks
Raama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom