Volkswagen Polo Comes To India

maverick, you looks very excited about Polo launch, If you buy it once it launches, don't forget to share the report here. [:)]

Well, Umang - I am a huge fan of VW. So an affordable VW coming to India got me excited. (Cant afford Jetta's and Beetles.) Well, looking at the Petrol option which is being rumored about, i am least interested. Not because of the power but the failure it had in the Fabia. Diesel is a huge waste for me and hence not interested. Well, waiting to see if VW releases a nice engine. Thats all. If not, going to end up with some Honda.

--16 days to go

Well, pricing is a major concern always.

4.35Lacs for the base variant. Bad Engines.
7 Lacs - Top variant - Good engines. Is it possible? I hope so. I hope they dont go for just beautification and accessories and leave out the same engine in all the models.

Comfortline, Trendline etc.

Lots of hopes. [;)] Where are all the scoops?

--14 days to go

Hey Maverick!!

All your actions seems to be in the same thread!

Why not come out of this & have a look at other threads too :)

350Z

Core Team
Yes maverick, We would love to see your participation in other threads as well. Regarding the Polo, Worry not, The Automotive India will provide a detailed Road Test Report once it debuts. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

4.35Lacs for the base variant. Bad Engines.
7 Lacs - Top variant - Good engines. Is it possible? I hope so. I hope they dont go for just beautification and accessories and leave out the same engine in all the models.
--14 days to go
Yes this will the best option for customers if they offer more options. 7 lacs with great petrol engine will be tough to beat.

Yeah, i have been so obsessed with VW. Had driven VW Jetta for a month 6 years back in the US. I had a Civic already. Comparatively - hated my car. But cannot afford it here in India. Not worth the price. So the next affordable car is Polo from the same stable.

BUT - looking at the engine specs and also the 2010 options of the cars being released, i think its time to take a better look at Yaris. Not many scoops on this car at all as compared to Polo.
Toyota Yaris Sedan expected in June 2010 at 8 lakhs
Toyota Yaris Hatchback End of April 2010 in between 6 to 8 lakhs with a 1.5L 106bhp

Waaaah, waiting for the car.[cry]

Some update (from other forum)

Estimated price range: Rs. 4,75,000-5,25,000
1.2 petrol
Displacement: 1198 CC
cylinders: 3 inline
Max power: 70 PS (69 HP)@5400 RPM
Max torque: 112 NM@3000 rpm

350Z

Core Team
The estimated price looks to be attractive. I'd still wait for the official Spec. and Features confirmation. Let's see what Volkswagen brings out from their hat this time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think pricing is good, i don't see any exciting specs.
I dont think VW will stick to those price and anything above this price tag(even this if we look at specs) will make the car unexciting and undesirable. Noones gonna pay high price for that small engine.

carwale -
Volkswagen India has unveiled the Polo and Race Polo at the Auto Expo. The Polo will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The Race Polo will be powered by a 1.6-litre petrol engine.
Volkswagen is yet to announce the prices of the Polo. The Polo petrol 1.2-litre engine will produce a power of 75hp@5400rpm and a torque of 110Nm@3750rpm and diesel variant will produce a max. power of 75bhp@4200rpm and 180Nm@2000rpm. The Polo will be available in three variants trendline, comfortline and the Highline.

Top Bottom