From other forums

Launch: March 2010

Expected Price:
1.2 Petrol - 6.15 lakh Onwards
1.2 Diesel - 6.65 lakh Onwards

Looks to be very high pricing.

Wow!!

You are lucky aditya.

After the launch of Etios & Polo, i felt Skoda will reduce the price of Fabia.

Its quite shocking for everyone.

Volkswagen's Polo to come with customised features

Volkswagen will offer package options to customers of its soon-to-be launched small car Polo, which will include features like accessories, safety and sports, and entertainment systems.

Volkswagen Chief General Manager (Marketing and PR) Lutz Kothe told reporters at the 10th Auto Expo -
We will be offering cosmetics like safety features, entertainment systems and sports packages in our Polo cars. These features will be available at the dealers end during bookings.
Economictimes

Nice to hear for a entry hatch!

Lets see how far the accessories are priced.

Hope lot of Polo will be hand picked from now on!

"We will be offering cosmetics like safety features, entertainment systems and sports packages in our Polo cars."

Can't believe this statement. What automotive person can call Safety a cosmetic????
Sacrilegious.[anger]

Polo is going to priced high or else they will not offer what they are offering in Europe.
With 40 % of local parts i expect the price to be pretty competitive with other hatches.

Just called Vidyut Motors Pvt. Ltd in Pune.

Asked them the price difference between 1.2 & 1.6.

The guy said as of now they have no idea about the price.They will get to know it in the first week of march.

He said the 1.6l engine will roll on roads by April end.

Last edited:
1.6L Polo will be sold in india? Thats a great news. But it will surely carry a premium price tag.

Even i had a doubt before but then today i visited their website which had the specs of 1.6 l engine,so called them [:D]

Cant comment on the price though,may be 50,60 K extra.

Even i had a doubt before but then today i visited their website which had the specs of 1.6 l engine,so called them
These specs are being displayed on the VW website since long. I wish they laucnh this 1.6L option of which chances seem fewer. I am saying so because at the Autoexpo i had a conversation with a German guy at the VW stall about the Polo. He told that Polo will be launched in the month of march with the 1.2L engine. He didnt comment anything on the 1.6L engine or even on Polo Sedan.

Top Bottom