Volkswagen Polo Comes To India

Engines and transmission
A selection of powerful engine variants ensures that you enjoy exceptional performance, impressive power and smooth handling together with ground-breaking economy. The New Polo offers a choice of petrol and diesel engines, all designed to deliver dynamic performance. The range starts with a 1.2 litre petrol unit which develops 75 PS (55 kW). This engine promises superior fuel economy without any compromise on power. If it’s extraordinary power that you desire, the 1.6 litre petrol engine which develops 105 PS (77 kW) will surely delight you. The 1.2 litre diesel variant of the New Polo will soon be available in India.

Details - Polo

From Polo e-broucher

Attachments

Last edited:
Looks like i20, Fabia will have something to worry about. I liked the move of VW of launching the 1.6L engine option for auto enthusiasts.

Looks like i20, Fabia will have something to worry about. I liked the move of VW of launching the 1.6L engine option for auto enthusiasts.
Well, the Fabia and the Polo are brothers (kind of!!), so it could be a case of Cain and Abel.
I am not so sure the Swifts and the Indicas are shivering in their shoes yet, maybe not even the i20.

Well, the Fabia and the Polo are brothers (kind of!!), so it could be a case of Cain and Abel.
I am not so sure the Swifts and the Indicas are shivering in their shoes yet, maybe not even the i20.
I know that VW and Skodas are brothers, but indicas dont have to worry even a bit. They will continue to be the top seller among the cabbies and transporters.

Maybe not exactly the entry level, but the Superhatch segment is sure going to be a fun place to watch!!

Well it can be anything!

If the pricing is going to be less than 5lakhs for basic model, A dent of sales of i10, Ritz, Punto & Beat is for sure.

Well it can be anything!

If the pricing is going to be less than 5lakhs for basic model, A dent of sales of i10, Ritz, Punto & Beat is for sure.
Even if we ignore the brotherhood of the Polo and the Fabia, the fact remains that the Punto is from the same stable.
I think it would make better business sense to keep the two a bit apart as far as the pricing goes, so that they target different segments. And no guesses as to which one should be priced higher!![;)]
I think overlapping prices, in India, is a luxury that only somebody like MSIL can afford, with the large range of models that they have got.

So what does everyone think of the "official" engine options now? No TSI for now. 1.6, any updates or reviews or opinions? Looking at a press statement, 1.6 will be competing with Fabia and Jazz IMHO

Well. If its 175mm GC, I can fly on bumps & speed breakers !!

Need not search for potholes & its Indian Roads every where :)

Top Bottom