What Went Wrong with Ford Figo!

You are taking FORD by the tail ! Good man . Also meanwhile file a complaint in the consumer forum, if your lucky you might even have a replacement

Dear Figo,
I am very sorry to hear about all your troubles. But you should go on till all your troubles are rectified. i had a similar issue with MUL. i fought and sent repeated emails to MUL till the complaint was cleared. i am also in kottayam i will PM you.

Sorry to hear this Figo. But you are really nailing Ford and Kairali. Why don't you try with consumer court?
Recently Kairali has opened another showroom in NH-49 Muvattupuzha and I was happened to visit that showroom few weeks back. The response from them was not cordial for which I came out by refusing their offer for Test Drive.

reading your problems, its very sad. But don't give up. Fight with them!
I suggest you to go to the consumer court. You already have various proofs/instances to show in the court!

Oh wonderful to see that you are taking up the fight with the FORDS at all levels possiblle in India

But my question even before the fight is that how come a company like FORD sell a Lemon Product to you??

Can they do these kind of useless mistakes in the US or Europe? Definitely not, because they will be sued tooth and nail & will have to pay maybe even 4 times the cost of the car as penalty to the Americans and Europeans

They can do that in India, because our useless govt has all the laws in place BUT unfortunately nothing on the ground for real execution [anger]

So customers like you suffer

Also i would like to ask you as well - Did you do a proper PDI before the car was delivered? If not, then i also consider you as a part of all the stakeholders in this issue

All your problems doesn't sounds like happened on first day it self

your updates some how make me believe that all the listed issues occurred after some time and and that too not on the same day.

if i would be in your place, will not take back the car from first service until they fix the reported issue.

yes i came across such issues and made them fix it right a way,

1. shooting sound or silence misfiring happened in my figo asked them for a fix they took 2 days time and said no issues found, but i haven't let them go, asked them to fix it and give back and even called and spoke to ford helpdesk, they send a ford company person to metro ford bangalore he bought some engine analyzing tools and connected his laptop to EBD port to and after another a days they found one of the injector is gone, got it replaced the required spares at free of cost.

are you sure its 60000 kms old now, if yes how come u tolerate all such issues for 57000 kms

. The response from them was not cordial for which I came out by refusing their offer for Test Drive.
If they have offered you a TD , why do you expect cordial approach ?
Which consumer court offers concessions for cordial approach ?
A TD is means to determine to know cars status in extreme use conditions i.e. most favorable vs most challenging. Isn't it.?

@ MSN, what are the benefits if someone refuses to take back the car after first servicing ?

How the owner will come to know ,wheather the problems are solved for longterm use of the car unless he takes it back and uses it (cold start, long drive, performance with full load, performance in B2B traffic)?
A small TD in case of frod's figo is not enough to call that problems are solved IMO.

Last edited:
what are the benefits if someone refuses to take back the car after first servicing ?

i refused to take back the car from service as i feel the service was not done to my satisfaction / issue was not fixed and i told the same thing to dealer and ford helpdesk.

I did so to give them an opportunity to fix the issue for sure, and i don't want to take risk by driving away a vehicle with problem,

yes the above is applicable to the problem which i faced.

i wont tolerate or cant imagine to driving a car with break failure issue for 57000 kms thats the reason i asked the second question

Do you mean to say thatit is nessesary for the owner to diagnose the failure of ASS to solve all mentioned problems in the job card before he takes the car home.?

Do you mean to say thatit is nessesary for the owner to diagnose the failure of ASS to solve all mentioned problems in the job card before he takes the car home.?
if it is major then owner should have to check is it fixed or not in my case the SVC person is worthy as he directly that he havent seen that problem.

but thats not the case every time because some problems resurface after some 100 miles [roll]

If they have offered you a TD , why do you expect cordial approach ?
They have offered a TD for me after 20 - 25 minutes I spend inside their showroom un-attended. May be because my failure to appear as a genuine buyer for them. What is wrong in expecting attention from the executives when we go inside a showroom for spending 6.5L? I believe more than the technical briefing, their approach and attention to a buyer will certain counted as the one who buy car from them required to be in touch with them for another 5 year at least.
But What I experienced from Elite Ford Marathahalli (Bangalore) was completely different and I am still in touch with them but yet to book my car because of BRIO effect.

Which consumer court offers concessions for cordial approach ?
I think you are misunderstood my earliest post. I was just giving my opinion to Ford_Figo for trying his luck with Consumer court. Not like going to consumer court for lack of cordial approach of Kairali Ford. We all knows that the consumer courts are not for complaining about behave of a seller in fact it actually helps consumers to solve their hard-feelings during/after buy a product.

Thread Starter #29
Oh wonderful to see that you are taking up the fight with the FORDS at all levels possiblle in India
Thank you.

But my question even before the fight is that how come a company like FORD sell a Lemon Product to you??
They never bothered about my issues

Can they do these kind of useless mistakes in the US or Europe? Definitely not, because they will be sued tooth and nail & will have to pay maybe even 4 times the cost of the car as penalty to the Americans and Europeans
Even i was in Europe and middle east. if they try to do anything in there they will be resposible for all this and along with the mental torture aswell. That is really too much. here they believe indian are just cant do anything and give them anything.

They can do that in India, because our useless govt has all the laws in place BUT unfortunately nothing on the ground for real execution [anger]
But i will surely try and do something i can from my side. atleast few cars i stop selling them showing my experience with my ford figo.

So customers like you suffer
Exactly yes

Also i would like to ask you as well - Did you do a proper PDI before the car was delivered? If not, then i also consider you as a part of all the stakeholders in this issue
I do take a test drive always. but its again repeated in soon even the next days

All your problems doesn't sounds like happened on first day it self
Break issue started at 3000km and reported them and started repairing from there. its still on in numerous repairs. They have recently certified that even. followed by the other mentioned issues

your updates some how make me believe that all the listed issues occurred after some time and and that too not on the same day.
yes

if i would be in your place, will not take back the car from first service until they fix the reported issue.
they used to fix the issues and give me but again it used to repeat. they try to sole it but not getting solved for long.

yes i came across such issues and made them fix it right a way,

1. shooting sound or silence misfiring happened in my figo asked them for a fix they took 2 days time and said no issues found, but i haven't let them go, asked them to fix it and give back and even called and spoke to ford helpdesk, they send a ford company person to metro ford bangalore he bought some engine analyzing tools and connected his laptop to EBD port to and after another a days they found one of the injector is gone, got it replaced the required spares at free of cost.

are you sure its 60000 kms old now, if yes how come u tolerate all such issues for 57000 kms
that is a mistake from side, taking all the risk and drove it. but now i believe its the high time to make them realize my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have offered a TD for me after 20 - 25 minutes I spend inside their showroom un-attended. May be because my failure to appear as a genuine buyer for them. What is wrong in expecting attention from the executives when we go inside a showroom for spending 6.5L? I believe more than the technical briefing, their approach and attention to a buyer will certain counted as the one who buy car from them required to be in touch with them for another 5 year at least.
But What I experienced from Elite Ford Marathahalli (Bangalore) was completely different and I am still in touch with them but yet to book my car because of BRIO effect.
Elite ford is new dealer and very close to my place, but i used to go with metro ford St.Marks road as they are doing a good job
have visited elite ford once for my friends car service we aren't happy with the way they handle the service and returned back

Top Bottom