Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

I have been reading a lot about harrier and following posts on harrier on this and other forum and internet. Some things said about harrier just caught my eyes.

People are saying harrier looks like the nexon. and during nexon launch, people had compared nexon to that of the erstwhile indica. So if harrier looks like nexon and nexon looks like indica, does harrier look like indica? :stupid:
Oh my Gosh [:)] Same feelings again?

Indica>Nexon>Harrier[frustration]

Actually am happy that Tata legacy is still living and on. And should be as Indica was a great design & car of its time and it did what it was designed & conceptualized for at initially. It was actually more car per car

Whatever it is, The harrier; It looks great
Maybe the rear bumper design is what makes it look like Nexon or the sloping roof?

Even I have a hunch that Harrier will bring in more customers for even Nexon as well

I have been seeing a Tata Test Mule completely camoflouged in Ooty and Coonoor. To me it looks like the Harrier or I may be wrong. Interestingly it has Red plates in TN37 regn. What could it be? Sorry I have no pics since I was driving solo i was unable to click pics.

I have been seeing a Tata Test Mule completely camoflouged in Ooty and Coonoor. To me it looks like the Harrier or I may be wrong. Interestingly it has Red plates in TN37 regn. What could it be? Sorry I have no pics since I was driving solo i was unable to click pics.
Ok so couple of questions on the Test mule,

1. How do you know its Tata? it could be Mahindra or Hyundai (their cars are also being launched.
2. Were the headlights makeshift headlights? like headlights place coming out like eyes of ET?
3. How big was that car ? size of XUV, Innova, Brezza, Mercedes GLS?

Generally Tata cars under production all have MH passing, unless they have been testing in Jayem auto, which may have a TN passing. Not sure of Tata have already begun on Harrier JTP version. that would be an overkill, since that is still couple of years away (that is if they plan to launch JTP Harrier)

Last edited:

1. How do you know its Tata? it could be Mahindra or Hyundai (their cars are also being launched.
2. Were the headlights makeshift headlights? like headlights place coming out like eyes of ET?
3. How big was that car ? size of XUV, Innova, Brezza, Mercedes GLS?

Generally Tata cars under production all have MH passing, unless they have been testing in Jayem auto, which may have a TN passing. Not sure of Tata have already begun on Harrier JTP version. that would be an overkill, since that is still couple of years away (that is if they plan to launch JTP Harrier)
From a long time I have been seeing TN 37 marked test mules from tata some camo'ed and some not. Generally there are no other test mules that sport a TN 37 mark, Ashokleyland and Mahindra are other test mules with TN Plates. Hence saying its a TATA. By comparing the test mule i saw in the other pics, it sure looks like a Harrier, in other words the test mule is of size like a brezza or a nexon or an ecosport!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
People are saying harrier looks like the nexon. and during nexon launch, people had compared nexon to that of the erstwhile indica. So if harrier looks like nexon and nexon looks like indica, does harrier look like indica?
Everyone can say what they want bro, we live in democracy and have the freedom of expression as per Indian Constitution. If you ask me, Harrier in no ways looks even remotely similar to Nexon forget the Indica. Having the Nexon, I can say that and I am sure other Nexon owners will agree too.

Oh my Gosh Same feelings again?

Indica>Nexon>Harrier
Bro in future, the H7X will resemble to Aria because even Hexa resembles to Aria[lol] The 45X will have the under-pinning of Indica Vista[lol] Tigor has the under-pining of Indigo e-CS. That's a never ending cycle.

Whatever it is, The harrier; It looks great
Maybe the rear bumper design is what makes it look like Nexon or the sloping roof?
The Harrier is built on JLR's platform and Nexon is built on a separate platform so whether its dimensions or designs neither of it in Harrier resemble to the Nexon.

Even I have a hunch that Harrier will bring in more customers for even Nexon as well
Harrier would hit the sales of Hexa for sure but I am not really sure Nexon's sales will be affected. Most like what my guess is, the Harrier would begin somewhere around 11.99 as an introductory price offer because the earlier pricing that was shared was just a tester from TML.

From a long time I have been seeing TN 37 marked test mules from tata some camo'ed and some not. Generally there are no other test mules that sport a TN 37 mark...in other words the test mule is of size like a brezza or a nexon or an ecosport!
It is either the TML 45X hatchback or most probably the Hyundai Carlino i.e Sub-Creta CSUV being tested.

Regards

Akash

Harrier would hit the sales of Hexa for sure but I am not really sure Nexon's sales will be affected. Most like what my guess is, the Harrier would begin somewhere around 11.99 as an introductory price offer because the earlier pricing that was shared was just a tester from TML.

Regards

Akash
What I was trying to say that Due to Harrier, Nexon will get benefited or may be other models as well as the footfall will increase and the brand value as well

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What I was trying to say that Due to Harrier, Nexon will get benefited or may be other models as well as the footfall will increase and the brand value as well
That way yes, I agree Harrier will further give the push to the footfalls and bring the brand more closer to many more people. Ever since Tiago's success followed by reasonable appreciation to Tigor and Hexa and then Nexon, TML has gained a lot of momentum and now the acceptance level towards TML products has begun to improve as well which also is a result of good products + good reliability. I wouldn't say excellent yet because there is still a lot more left to achieve for TML with regards to sublime after-sales and to an extent the feature distribution in their variants.

Regards

Akash

According to RavanAvi, Harrier petrol and 4*4 will come later, now only diese FWD.

This sounds tempting, a 4 cylinder 1.5L petrol will be a hoot, with a starting price around 10L? Daydreaming anyone!!!
So the info about ingenium based petrol engine which Tata was working on in correct or they going to plonk engine from Jeep sibling?

What I heard that Tata was working on 4 cylinder variant of current 1.2 L engine which is based on inginium tech. So 1.6 L petrol mill? Wow

I would say, instead of petrol Tata bring in Harrier EV and start a new wave and am sure it will give the initial advantage.
TMETC already got the tech and battery cell tech from ISRO can also be used, which ISRO is offering at a very low cost to begin with.
Common Tata be the giant and bring in the much required EV space vehicles.

Last edited:
Another news:

The Tata Harrier is still a good month or more away from launch but a lot of the SUV’s details and specifications are out in the public domain. We already know the Harrier will be a 5 seater and will come powered by an approximately 140hp, 2.0-litre diesel engine christened Kryotec. Also, while a 6-speed manual gearbox will be standard fit, we were the first to tell you the Harrier will also be offered with a 6-speed automatic sourced from Hyundai. In a fresh update, we can now confirm the Harrier will be launched solely with a manual gearbox and front-wheel drive. The automatic transmission will only go on sale after it makes its debut on the Harrier’s yet unnamed seven seat sibling that comes later in 2019.

It is learnt that the delay in bringing out the automatic version of the Harrier is down to supply constraints. Tata Motors that foresees strong demand for the automatic has opted to delay bringing in the model rather than being in a position that it can’t deliver cars on time.

Automatic transmission aside, the Harrier’s 7 seat sibling will also debut all-wheel drive and will come powered by a 170hp version of the 2.0 Kryotec engine. Interestingly, this more powerful version of the Kryotec engine will also make its way onto the Harrier in the future.

source:

No diesel auto from Launch is a BIG BIG mistake! Why TATA would do that is beyond all of us... they claim that they cannot supply enough currently which simply means that they are not ready to launch the vehicle. Better to take more time but at least properly launch all variants etc.

No diesel auto from Launch is a BIG BIG mistake! Why TATA would do that is beyond all of us... they claim that they cannot supply enough currently which simply means that they are not ready to launch the vehicle. Better to take more time but at least properly launch all variants etc.
I have a different feeling here that to keep the top end pricing low and make the customizing system work, Tata looking for fewer variants.

Another reason could be- only one line of production and only after a good response or once the initial hype goes off, they will introduce new variants ie AT & 4*4.

As new competition is also coming up from Nissan kicks, MG's SUV and maybe Maruti Vitara as well then only one assembly line is a wise decision which by the way they got from JLR, not a new one.

Rest Tata knows what they are doing[glasses]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Harrier to launch with diesel manual option only

we can now confirm the Harrier will be launched solely with a manual gearbox and front-wheel drive. The automatic transmission will only go on sale after it makes its debut on the Harrier’s yet unnamed seven seat sibling that comes later in 2019.

Read:

The Diesel automatic was a late decision. It was planned after all deliberations and the Diesel manual testing was half done. When did we hear the news about the automatic and when did our spycams get the first pic? It was only recently. And the outcome about the compatibility is still unknown. If the match does not happen or compatibility issues crop up, then they will need to sort it out.
Hence delay can be attributed to the reason. Whatever, issues should have been considered much earlier.

Tata Harrier to launch with diesel manual option only

we can now confirm the Harrier will be launched solely with a manual gearbox and front-wheel drive. The automatic transmission will only go on sale after it makes its debut on the Harrier’s yet unnamed seven seat sibling that comes later in 2019.

Read:
Actually to think of it, it's a good move instead of bringing all their goodies in one go, they test the waters with just the diesel manual and then introduce others as per demand and positioning.

Let's see what's in store.

Top Bottom