Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thank you,
Yes, initially the alignment of the light bar was not correct.I have aligned the led bar now in such a way that it does not affect the oncoming drivers [:)]

^^ i think you should tilt it a little bit down so as to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic.

I don't know how strong your's is but there's a Scorpio in my area with these lights on the roof and it comes directly to the face. Not a good feeling at all.

Thread Starter #1,262
Honestly, i did not check, i'm just enjoying driving, road grip.
I may update on mileage soon, when i'll get chance.

Well, had a quick Pune-Mumbai-Pune drive, and it was incredible experience with S.Drive where it includes Lunawala-Khandala ghaat sharp turns.
Amaze was helping out me to find gaps between loaded trucks, it was truly one of the best driving experience.

Here's The CONQUEROR
View attachment 180275
Congrats [clap]

Vishnu - the main concern here is that everyone is trying to sell something or the other so there is no trust as such. Amaze service interval of 6 months + 3 months (brake pad replacement) Basically involves taking your car to the service center more frequently.

For you the brake pads are lasting longer coz you are using a wider tyre (205 I believe) = better braking and less wear for the brake pads.

IMO Honda is continuously reducing their quality - Amaze, City, Jazz. No wonder we see more Rapids + Ciaz on the roads now a days.

IMO - The new Ford Aspire is definitely better than Amaze. Except of lack of little space & a out of place boot, Ford Aspire is currently the best car among the lot.
Actually there are people who are still running on stock pads and covered more than 35k kms[roll]

I was also surprised to here that. There are quite many customers in that category too.

Hey guys,
Recently had been on a look out to install fog lights for my Honda Amaze.
Came across these...
12" inch 72W Cree LED Work Light Bar for Tractor Boat Off Road 4WD 4x4 Truck SUV ATV Spot Flood Combo Beam 12v 24v-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Gave it a try and installed it on my Amaze.The lighting I must say has improved a lot.
Woah !! That's so much of illumination. Can you post a picture from inside the cabin ?

^^ i think you should tilt it a little bit down so as to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic.

I don't know how strong your's is but there's a Scorpio in my area with these lights on the roof and it comes directly to the face. Not a good feeling at all.
Literally. These things are not getting very famous in Kerala though, I can imagine the disturbance it creates.

Actually there are people who are still running on stock pads and covered more than 35k kms[roll]

I was also surprised to here that. There are quite many customers in that category too.
I am still running on stock pads. Covered 31000 till now and in the 30k service, the SA suggested that they will easily last till next service.

Check the attached pic.Its a 12 inch Cree led light Bar with combination of both spot beam and flood light.

Congrats [clap]

Woah !! That's so much of illumination. Can you post a picture from inside the cabin ?

Literally. These things are not getting very famous in Kerala though, I can imagine the disturbance it creates.

Attachments

Guys two days ago,was returning back home from Goa and happened to ride into a huge pothole filled with water,it was raining heavily and the result was the front right steel rim suffered a huge blow.
Another interesting thing is that a Suzuki swift (the guy had his broken wheel cap in his hand) and a Hyundai Creta (Believe he had suffered a damaged alloy wheel) had hit the same pothole few minutes earlier and were inspecting their damage when i reached the same spot and hit the pothole myself.
I really wish the concerned person for road development of Tumkur-Shimoga highway gets his vehicle banged up in the same pothole, so that he can know the problems faced by the commuters. [anger]
Took the vehicle the next day and got it repaired , luckily no extensive damage to the inner wall of the steel rims.(And the dent did not get me stranded on the highway with air leakage.
The work done : 4 wheels balancing,alignment and the dent repair- Cost Rs 500.

Congrats [clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Honda seems to have improved the quality of the Amaze brake pads in the later models.I too got the opportunity to get the brake pads checked because of a bent steel rim.My car (2015) has covered 9000 kms and still their was a good deal of brake compound left on the brake pads.

I am still running on stock pads. Covered 31000 till now and in the 30k service, the SA suggested that they will easily last till next service.

Thread Starter #1,267
See that's it. Might be a lot of first vehicle or a batch of vehicle had the issue and they might have rectified it asap[:)]

Check the attached pic.Its a 12 inch Cree led light Bar with combination of both spot beam and flood light.
That is good illumination. How does the spot beam and flood light work ? Can you control it from inside ?

Guys two days ago,was returning back home from Goa and happened to ride into a huge pothole filled with water,it was raining heavily and the result was the front right steel rim suffered a huge blow.
Another interesting thing is that a Suzuki swift (the guy had his broken wheel cap in his hand) and a Hyundai Creta (Believe he had suffered a damaged alloy wheel) had hit the same pothole few minutes earlier and were inspecting their damage when i reached the same spot and hit the pothole myself.
I really wish the concerned person for road development of Tumkur-Shimoga highway gets his vehicle banged up in the same pothole, so that he can know the problems faced by the commuters.
Took the vehicle the next day and got it repaired , luckily no extensive damage to the inner wall of the steel rims.(And the dent did not get me stranded on the highway with air leakage.
The work done : 4 wheels balancing,alignment and the dent repair- Cost Rs 500.
Thank God for such minimal damange. I wish if i had my stock alloys on my Bangalore trip, i won't be bending my Lenso's[frustration]

Honda seems to have improved the quality of the Amaze brake pads in the later models.I too got the opportunity to get the brake pads checked because of a bent steel rim.My car (2015) has covered 9000 kms and still their was a good deal of brake compound left on the brake pads.
That's too early for a brake pad wear right ? Anyway it would last at least 30k [:)]

2 Years 2 Months 16 Days !!

DSC07468.JPG

I have attached a pic,check it out the center 6 led's have a plain reflector with 30 degree angle illumination whereas the remaining three led's on either side have 60 degrees illumination.Basically the spot led's have better throw distance and the flood beams illuminate both the side's of the car.

Yes you are right.When the guy checked it he told me its good for another 20-25k

Attachments

Speaking about lights, I have upgraded my stock lamps with Osram NightBreaker Unlimited H4.
60/55 W- H4.

Costed 1600Rs. Same amount when you go for a wiring harness + bulbs (Hella / Philips.)
But in this case, no need for any relay's or wiring upgrade since its the same wattage as of the stock lamps.
Lights are now way better than normal.
Its a tad whiter than normal, the beam point and good throw as well.

Next is Hella 500 FF upgrade - still waiting.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
what you folks have done is installed 'off road' led light bars on the street vehicle. not only it's illegal but the glare it creates will create a safety hazard for you as well as Everyone else on th road.

please visit candle power forms and a learn a thing or two on ethical use of aux lamps.

do drop me a line if you need further Help.

Thanks for the input.
As far as ethical use of aux lights, glare & safety hazard go ,I would like to bring out few things.
1) In all my years of driving, I am yet to come across an accident caused due to excessive lighting from the oncoming vehicle. Infact the oncoming drivers slow down if they are driving in a haphazard manner.
2) As far as using off road lights on the highways is concerned, I do not think that these lights create any bit of problem to oncoming drivers, if they are focused properly.
3) Every bulb –halogen, hid, xenon & led bulbs create glare and even momentary blindness if not focused properly. The glare can also occur from a 55w Halogen OEM bulb,if our vehicle has a scratched front windshield, during heavy rain or also due to the improper focus of the headlights of the oncoming vehicles.
4) I believe safety hazard from a light is minimal compared due to the following safety hazards (night) which occurs due to the following.
a) People driving in the right lane of a three lane or a two lane road at 40-50kmph (80 kmph speed limit), not giving right of way and forcing others to overtake from the left lane.
b) Presence of improperly laid speed breakers of incorrect curvature, location & absence of white stripes on the highways.
c) People speaking over the phone-lost in their own world, slowly but surely moving to the right lane, not aware that there are vehicles about to overtake them.
d) People who actually have not learnt to drive, but do get on the roads getting driver’s license (By other means).
5) Driving on Indian roads in the night does require sufficient lighting especially on the highways. Drunk people crossing the road intersections, runaway animals, drunken drivers, uprooted trees, people who flash their lights, even though we are driving with low beams, some State road transport vehicles, some drunken lorry drivers driving in a zig zag manner, Huge potholes & Roads getting narrower suddenly without warning.
I believe many of us do take night drives along with our family & with our family onboard it will not be a good idea to come across the hazards mentioned in point no: 5 , where many of us might be literally helpless, if we get into a road brawl with some 4-5 drunk people getting down from a vehicle or get into a crash in the middle of the night.
I only say this in support of adding aux lights, because with additional lights many hazards in point no 5 can be avoided and oncoming big vehicles do show respect by giving right of way or think twice before crossing the intersections.
Driving in India as always challenging, surprising and shocking at the same time. At the end of the day when we are all alone, driving on a rainy day in the middle of the night, nobody is going to watch our backs but ourselves.
Poor visibility does more harm, compared to extra lighting.

what you folks have done is installed 'off road' led light bars on the street vehicle. not only it's illegal but the glare it creates will create a safety hazard for you as well as Everyone else on th road.

please visit candle power forms and a learn a thing or two on ethical use of aux lamps.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear star 14,
I am not opposed to Aux lights, Actually I like Bright Lights.
All of my Vehicles Including Thunderbolt XUV (18,800 Lumens) and Blue Boy i10 (10,600 Lumens) have extensively Upgraded Safe lighting mods that provide insane output. But more power comes with more responsibility. Comparatively, a stock car comes with measly 2200 Lumens Total or 3600 Lumens with fog on, High beams on.

However, the difference, not one of my vehicle will blind you unless High beams are ON. Perhaps you should look at my thread how its properly done. Any Unshielded Lamps (Eg Spot lamps, LED light bars, High beam assists,) will be disabled as soon as High beams are disabled. This combination makes it impossible to blind others in low beam mode.

Also, the twist is, people opt for Brightest High beams. Wrong. Its the low beams that should be Brightest, so you can see clearly even when an idiot blinds you with his High-Beams on. My XUV has Low beam projectors upgraded to High quality HID, 3200 Lumens per Bulb. My High beams are still the Factory stocks, 50w Halogens at 1000 LM per bulb.

Do feel free to ask any further help.

Thread Starter #1,273
I have attached a pic,check it out the center 6 led's have a plain reflector with 30 degree angle illumination whereas the remaining three led's on either side have 60 degrees illumination.Basically the spot led's have better throw distance and the flood beams illuminate both the side's of the car.

Yes you are right.When the guy checked it he told me its good for another 20-25k
That's great !!

Speaking about lights, I have upgraded my stock lamps with Osram NightBreaker Unlimited H4.
60/55 W- H4.

Costed 1600Rs. Same amount when you go for a wiring harness + bulbs (Hella / Philips.)
But in this case, no need for any relay's or wiring upgrade since its the same wattage as of the stock lamps.
Lights are now way better than normal.
Its a tad whiter than normal, the beam point and good throw as well.

Next is Hella 500 FF upgrade - still waiting.
Is it worth or a 100/90 upgrade along with relay is much more practical ? Cause I'm up for an upgrade with the lights. I'm not getting sufficient illumination these days.

I have once came across a vehicle with similar lights and it was bloody blinding and i literally stopped for about 1-2 mins just in case i don't want to jump into any pothole after that. There is a Brio with these lights here.

Thanks for the input.
As far as ethical use of aux lights, glare & safety hazard go ,I would like to bring out few things.
1) In all my years of driving, I am yet to come across an accident caused due to excessive lighting from the oncoming vehicle. Infact the oncoming drivers slow down if they are driving in a haphazard manner.
2) As far as using off road lights on the highways is concerned, I do not think that these lights create any bit of problem to oncoming drivers, if they are focused properly.
3) Every bulb –halogen, hid, xenon & led bulbs create glare and even momentary blindness if not focused properly. The glare can also occur from a 55w Halogen OEM bulb,if our vehicle has a scratched front windshield, during heavy rain or also due to the improper focus of the headlights of the oncoming vehicles.
4) I believe safety hazard from a light is minimal compared due to the following safety hazards (night) which occurs due to the following.
a) People driving in the right lane of a three lane or a two lane road at 40-50kmph (80 kmph speed limit), not giving right of way and forcing others to overtake from the left lane.
b) Presence of improperly laid speed breakers of incorrect curvature, location & absence of white stripes on the highways.
c) People speaking over the phone-lost in their own world, slowly but surely moving to the right lane, not aware that there are vehicles about to overtake them.
d) People who actually have not learnt to drive, but do get on the roads getting driver’s license (By other means).
5) Driving on Indian roads in the night does require sufficient lighting especially on the highways. Drunk people crossing the road intersections, runaway animals, drunken drivers, uprooted trees, people who flash their lights, even though we are driving with low beams, some State road transport vehicles, some drunken lorry drivers driving in a zig zag manner, Huge potholes & Roads getting narrower suddenly without warning.
I believe many of us do take night drives along with our family & with our family onboard it will not be a good idea to come across the hazards mentioned in point no: 5 , where many of us might be literally helpless, if we get into a road brawl with some 4-5 drunk people getting down from a vehicle or get into a crash in the middle of the night.
I only say this in support of adding aux lights, because with additional lights many hazards in point no 5 can be avoided and oncoming big vehicles do show respect by giving right of way or think twice before crossing the intersections.
Driving in India as always challenging, surprising and shocking at the same time. At the end of the day when we are all alone, driving on a rainy day in the middle of the night, nobody is going to watch our backs but ourselves.
Poor visibility does more harm, compared to extra lighting.
Woah !! That's so much of observation. [;)]

Dear star 14,
I am not opposed to Aux lights, Actually I like Bright Lights.
All of my Vehicles Including Thunderbolt XUV (18,800 Lumens) and Blue Boy i10 (10,600 Lumens) have extensively Upgraded Safe lighting mods that provide insane output. But more power comes with more responsibility. Comparatively, a stock car comes with measly 2200 Lumens Total or 3600 Lumens with fog on, High beams on.

However, the difference, not one of my vehicle will blind you unless High beams are ON. Perhaps you should look at my thread how its properly done. Any Unshielded Lamps (Eg Spot lamps, LED light bars, High beam assists,) will be disabled as soon as High beams are disabled. This combination makes it impossible to blind others in low beam mode.

Also, the twist is, people opt for Brightest High beams. Wrong. Its the low beams that should be Brightest, so you can see clearly even when an idiot blinds you with his High-Beams on. My XUV has Low beam projectors upgraded to High quality HID, 3200 Lumens per Bulb. My High beams are still the Factory stocks, 50w Halogens at 1000 LM per bulb.

Do feel free to ask any further help.
That's insane Lumens you have in both your rides. How do you manage to keep it glare free ?
[confused]

Hi Vishnu,

Excellent thread for Amaze Owners. Thumbs UP [cheers]...

I need your help in some queries..

1 > My Amaze has done around 34,000 Kms and I have already replaced my break pads 2 times and now Service guys told me to replace the clutch and they quoted around Rs.15,000. Actually Clutch is little harder and it's not smooth. Do i need to change the Clutch ? or better to live with it ? what is meant by Clutch replacement ?

All my Gas savings were gone by replacing Brake Pads and Clutch :)

2 > Planning to change my stock Tyres . My main requirement is to have very good comfort/Suspension and some good road grip and I am not interested in Alloys. Please suggest.

Cheers,
Pruthvi.

Top Bottom