Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hi Vichu,
Thanks a lot for the info on alloys. Sadly I wont be fixing after market alloys.

Reason 1: Road is not so good in my area and I dont want a bend Alloy

Reason 2: The width of the small inner rim in the wheel hub is small when checked with after market alloys. Ideally it should be a perfect fit. So that the load / jerk gets evenly distributed across the wheel and not to the 4-bolts only. Wheel hub space fillers are hard to find it seems. Wheel centring also a problem as advised by a friend. According to service guy -bolts are not for load bearing, only to keep the tyre attached to the wheel hub.

I am anyway planing to go ahead with the door insulation using yoga mat / dyna mat. Will follow your procedure to open the door trims.

As far with Hella 500 FF Lights - yes inline :) , I will fix them soon.

Thanks a lot once again.

Hi,

I had installed AC cabin filter for my amaze some time back. Video is here.

Its been 1 year since it was installed, i can say that the quality of cabin air is better and you can notice lesser particles that settle on the dashboard. But you need to replace the filter in 6 to 8 months. It gets clogged very easily and will restrict air flow. So install it only if you intend to replace it every 8 months.

I have currently removed my filter and was thinking about giving it a high pressure air blow to take the dust off the filter and try and re-use it.

Another thing is instead of Bosch filter, go for Honda CITY OEM cabin filter. its of same size and cheaper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Om0zkhxo2nQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Which honda city model cabin air filter fits our amaze ?
The previous model or the current one ?
Also could you tell me how much it costs .
Thank You .

Hi Ankush,
I am not sure about the model of Honda City. But the dimensions are 21 x 19 x 2.8cms (LxWxH) approx.
You can cross check this with the Honda Dealer. Otherwise, you can cut open the section where we install the filter and then insert a news paper to get the dimensions. Then get the filter based on that dimension - That's how I got it after I was tired explaining it to the seller (Accessories shop- not Honda)

The AC throw will be reduced slightly initially and as and when the filter gets more clogged up with dust it gradually reduces - which is the signal to clean up or replace the filter :)

Let me know if you want any other info.

Hi Guys,

I have ordered this damp mat sheet from ebay.

Universal CAR Damping Heat AND Sound Insulation Sheet FOR Under Hood AND Door | eBay

Not that sure about the mat quality and its insulation capabilities but it was cheap enough and 14sq ft for 800Rs. My major concern is not noise, but vibrations.

It will be delivered by 8th SEP. If possible will make a video of the installation as well.

@ Vichu - I am little scared to open the door panels - if at all any clip breaks etc. If you or any one can share the contact number I can call you while I remove the first door panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #1,237
Reason 2: The width of the small inner rim in the wheel hub is small when checked with after market alloys. Ideally it should be a perfect fit. So that the load / jerk gets evenly distributed across the wheel and not to the 4-bolts only. Wheel hub space fillers are hard to find it seems. Wheel centring also a problem as advised by a friend. According to service guy -bolts are not for load bearing, only to keep the tyre attached to the wheel hub.
Try Different brand alloys, you would get the exact one for sure :)

As far with Hella 500 FF Lights - yes inline :) , I will fix them soon.

Thanks a lot once again.
I'm planning of for some Hella's though, keep me posted[evil]

Hi,

I had installed AC cabin filter for my amaze some time back. Video is here.

Its been 1 year since it was installed, i can say that the quality of cabin air is better and you can notice lesser particles that settle on the dashboard. But you need to replace the filter in 6 to 8 months. It gets clogged very easily and will restrict air flow. So install it only if you intend to replace it every 8 months.

I have currently removed my filter and was thinking about giving it a high pressure air blow to take the dust off the filter and try and re-use it.

Another thing is instead of Bosch filter, go for Honda CITY OEM cabin filter. its of same size and cheaper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Om0zkhxo2nQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
How much is the cost of Pollen Filter ?

Hi Guys,

I have ordered this damp mat sheet from ebay.

Universal CAR Damping Heat AND Sound Insulation Sheet FOR Under Hood AND Door | eBay

Not that sure about the mat quality and its insulation capabilities but it was cheap enough and 14sq ft for 800Rs. My major concern is not noise, but vibrations.

It will be delivered by 8th SEP. If possible will make a video of the installation as well.

@ Vichu - I am little scared to open the door panels - if at all any clip breaks etc. If you or any one can share the contact number I can call you while I remove the first door panel.
The door panels clips are pretty intact , please untuck them with patience. The inside panel with respect to the ORVM is what is delicate, The clips of that small quarter panel was broken by me[cry]

Did you use relay along? I recently upgraded to Roots Windtone but the fuse blows (20A) every now and then..
Use a relay, I'm using one and it is much more safe :)

2 Years 1 Month 25 Days [:D]
IMG_20150819_232151.jpg

I will first try to patch the rear right door.
I wont be sitting in the rear set 99% [:)]

Or

may be I will take it to a accessory shop and get their help just to open up the panels. Fitting it back is anyway press fit so I can do it my self.

Tomorrow I am giving the car for 30K 18 months service.

Brake pads the major issue. Each set lasts for 15k approx. Lets see how much it costs for the service.

Thread Starter #1,239
I will first try to patch the rear right door.
I wont be sitting in the rear set 99% [:)]

Or

may be I will take it to a accessory shop and get their help just to open up the panels. Fitting it back is anyway press fit so I can do it my self.

Tomorrow I am giving the car for 30K 18 months service.

Brake pads the major issue. Each set lasts for 15k approx. Lets see how much it costs for the service.
It is simple. Get the bolts off and then patiently pull out the pad.

My 1st set lasted for 23K kms and running on the second set. Most probably it'll be changed by 60k kms [:)]

Hi Vishnu,
Hello All,

In my recent drive of approx. 400km night time (it was raining), with stock tyres running over 53k+ kms, I just happened to notice that steering was a slight harder to handle, i stopped by a local tyre shop to check tyre pressure and all was good, no warning light on odometer, hand breaks not pulled, car was recently serviced, I drove almost 130km with feeling “this is not how my car behaving normally” after almost 130km, I took tea break, check tyre pressure, took deep breath, start driving and now, everything was normal???
Well, this time roads were pretty dry, then !!! what’s wrong with my earlier drive? Wet roads? EBD influence? My tyres gave up(However, I’m planning to upsize 205/50r15 Michelin in near future)? or it could be any other reason? Please post back, to avoid future discomfort drives :)

Dear Vishnu
i have amaze s idtech 2013 dec
Its doing well every where and i have clocked 35000km so far

I want to quote a problem i am facing since few months
On a certain day, a mouse managed to enter air filter and bit its foam. When i found the traces of rat on my regular morning cleaning, i checked all engine and found the damaged airfilter. Now i covered the airfilter with cotton to make it possible to drive the vehicle to honda service center which is 100km from my house approx. i even noticed mild smoke on accerlation till i reached there. they get the filter changed and told me that its all fine and the smoke will stop after it will drive a few hundred kms. Odo reading at that time was 20k approx.
When the car dint stopped emmiting smoke, i got it checked again and they changed MAP sensor stating that its showing some fault.
That time the odo reading was approx 26k.
Till today my car is emmiting mild smoke on hard accerlation and hill climbs

Please help[cry]

Thread Starter #1,242
Hi Vishnu,
Hello All,

In my recent drive of approx. 400km night time (it was raining), with stock tyres running over 53k+ kms, I just happened to notice that steering was a slight harder to handle, i stopped by a local tyre shop to check tyre pressure and all was good, no warning light on odometer, hand breaks not pulled, car was recently serviced, I drove almost 130km with feeling “this is not how my car behaving normally” after almost 130km, I took tea break, check tyre pressure, took deep breath, start driving and now, everything was normal???
Well, this time roads were pretty dry, then !!! what’s wrong with my earlier drive? Wet roads? EBD influence? My tyres gave up(However, I’m planning to upsize 205/50r15 Michelin in near future)? or it could be any other reason? Please post back, to avoid future discomfort drives :)

What was your cruising speed ? Means the steering kinds of weights when you go on high speeds.
Check tire pressure when it is cold, that way you could be more accurate.
While on the trip at night , was there chances that you were water wading ?
Or yes it can even be the EBD , since the tire's has done 53K , the tires won't be as efficient as it , so!

Since there is no warnings and everything is still fine, JUST CHILL![:)]

Well with the 205/50-15 tires, Comfort will be reduced drastically.

Dear Vishnu
i have amaze s idtech 2013 dec
Its doing well every where and i have clocked 35000km so far

I want to quote a problem i am facing since few months
On a certain day, a mouse managed to enter air filter and bit its foam. When i found the traces of rat on my regular morning cleaning, i checked all engine and found the damaged airfilter. Now i covered the airfilter with cotton to make it possible to drive the vehicle to honda service center which is 100km from my house approx. i even noticed mild smoke on accerlation till i reached there. they get the filter changed and told me that its all fine and the smoke will stop after it will drive a few hundred kms. Odo reading at that time was 20k approx.
When the car dint stopped emmiting smoke, i got it checked again and they changed MAP sensor stating that its showing some fault.
That time the odo reading was approx 26k.
Till today my car is emmiting mild smoke on hard accerlation and hill climbs

Please help
Well , first of all it is very common for diesel engines to emit black smoke while the turbo spools or in hard acceleration.
Check the Oxygen sensor.
Remover the battery terminal and keep it for 15 mins. The whole ECU will get reset to the factory mode. Try driving after that. It will sure make a difference. Try it and update [:)]

Thanks for your suggestion Vishnu
Though its natural but what i have heard and seen in many of idtechs that they dont emmit smoke even a bit.
Though am too going to get the oxygen sensor checked as suggested by the SA in a few days.

Also the front disks wear a lot in my car. I got new pads and discs skkimed and still the disk got marks and had to be skimmed again. Though the pada are still fine.
Is this normal??

Thread Starter #1,244
Thanks for your suggestion Vishnu
Though its natural but what i have heard and seen in many of idtechs that they dont emmit smoke even a bit.
Though am too going to get the oxygen sensor checked as suggested by the SA in a few days.

Also the front disks wear a lot in my car. I got new pads and discs skkimed and still the disk got marks and had to be skimmed again. Though the pada are still fine.
Is this normal??
What I've observed about the smoke is that, those who drive linearly or sedate will not have a chance of black smoke , I've been driving like so whenever I'm not in a hurry and whenever I floor , black smoke do tend to come in lower gears.

I had the disc problem with my first set of pads. Later the SVC guys said the pads got a compound change in them making it last longer and so and so. I don't currently have any problems with the disc. Fingers crossed.[:)]

What was your cruising speed ? Means the steering kinds of weights when you go on high speeds.
Check tire pressure when it is cold, that way you could be more accurate.
While on the trip at night , was there chances that you were water wading ?
Or yes it can even be the EBD , since the tire's has done 53K , the tires won't be as efficient as it , so!

Since there is no warnings and everything is still fine, JUST CHILL![:)]

Well with the 205/50-15 tires, Comfort will be reduced drastically.
Thanks for reply,
hardness felt even on starting of drive.
i may install either michelin or yokohama - 205/50r15 (Lenso rim), by this week.
Please suggest.

Top Bottom