Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

There is some kind of vibration that I've always mentioned. The only single vibration in the cabin. Went on a detailed inspection and came to know that it's from the engine cabin and they've offered to find it out and rectify it provided a day for them to totally dismantle everything from the left front end and re fixing. I was busy the day,so thought of doing it another day.
In 1500 rpm right?, one of my friend also having the same vibration and thought it is present in all Amazes, waiting for the next post :)

Hello Friends, I am now in Trivandrum and own an Amaze S iDTEC (Sep 2013). I have installed Infinity 5.25" speakers in Amaze at Harman recommended outlet in Mumbai but I guess they have done a shoddy job with fitment of speakers. I wanted to fix this. Could some one recommend a good store /workshop which fix these speaker mounting.

Thread Starter #1,218
In 1500 rpm right?, one of my friend also having the same vibration and thought it is present in all Amazes, waiting for the next post :)
Yes exactly. The service head stated the same though i never believed him[roll]

Hello Friends, I am now in Trivandrum and own an Amaze S iDTEC (Sep 2013). I have installed Infinity 5.25" speakers in Amaze at Harman recommended outlet in Mumbai but I guess they have done a shoddy job with fitment of speakers. I wanted to fix this. Could some one recommend a good store /workshop which fix these speaker mounting.
What is the problem with the speakers now ? 4" speakers are suitable for amaze and the max is 5.25" with shallow magnets. If not it's hard to squeeze them in the space.

2 Years 15 Days [:D]

IMG_20150722_235257.jpg

Hi Vishnu,

How is the paint on dashboard holding up after all this time??
And can you tell me the total cost involved and the brand/type of paint used??

Also did you grt part of the door panel painted black(apart from the button area)?? Can you post a better screen of that if you can, thanks!

Thread Starter #1,220
Hi Vishnu,

How is the paint on dashboard holding up after all this time??
And can you tell me the total cost involved and the brand/type of paint used??

Also did you grt part of the door panel painted black(apart from the button area)?? Can you post a better screen of that if you can, thanks!
The paint is holding up pretty awesome. I had a little fear that due to excessive heat coming from parking on sunlight, there will be a chance of some damage, but till now no issue, fingers crossed :stupid:

DSC06646.JPG

Recently had a Quick trip to Bangalore and something sad, really sad happened.

I jumped into a pothole at pretty good speeds and this was the result. Both alloys on the ride side had the impact. Front right one got the worst followed by the rear one.[frustration]

IMG_20150725_162035.jpg

IMG_20150725_162440.jpg

Blue Bolt stretching her wings !!

IMG_20150725_060325.jpg

2 Years 22 days , Damaged alloys are really making me sad[frustration]

IMG_20150725_111050.jpg

The first thing that came into my mind when i saw Honda amaze was the Exposed radiator Grill and it staredt to worry me :( I was thinking of how to prevent the radiator fins from small stones, flies and all the dust particles while riding and ended up deciding to mesh up and cover the radiator grill portion so as atleast the fins can be saved from bending and there is enough pores in the mesh to keep the engine cool [clap]. And also to change the crappy scooty pep horn's to a much more better ones :D I have bought Roots Windtone and Upgraded it :)

Removing the Screws under the bumper was a very difficult task !

View attachment 100663

View attachment 100664

View attachment 100665

Finally The Bumper is successfully removed [clap]

View attachment 100666

Mesh Moulding To the shape of the area where the Radiator grill is visible.

View attachment 100667

View attachment 100668

View attachment 100669

View attachment 100670

View attachment 100672

View attachment 100673

I didn't want the Meshing to be seen and hence am using Black Spray Paint can to Black it out and make it invisible ;)

View attachment 100674

Making It Invisible.

View attachment 100675

View attachment 100676

Kept it for drying.

View attachment 100677

Horn Upgrade

View attachment 100678

Roots Windtone on duty ;)
View attachment 100679

We kept both the horn's on the place shown below in this pic and found that the horn's start to mess up with the bumber and later the left horn was moved to underneath place where on the right side it was unsymmetrical and hence we placed the right horn on the centre beam and hence all was perfect :D. Unfortunaltely there are no pics of the changed horn's place :(
View attachment 100681

View attachment 100682

By the Time we fixed horn , the mesh dired up .

View attachment 100683

Used M-seal to fix the Mesh to the bumper with out screws and bolts so that the bumper is not spoiled :D

View attachment 100684

Equally Mix both them to make the ratio's stable, Taking anyone compound more would change the rate of drying

View attachment 100685

View attachment 100686

View attachment 100687

M-seal being placed on the back side of the bumper, so that it looks neat from outside :)

View attachment 100688

Placing the Moulded Mesh back into the place and Fixed it with M-seal

View attachment 100690

Finally Mission Completed Successfully . Thank to Deville_56 ,The one who has took all the pain and patience to make this thing done [clap]
I wanted to upgrade the stock bulbs of my Honda amaze to 90/100w setup.

Has anyone upgraded their headlight bulbs to 90/100w in a honda amaze?

Hello

I have brought a philips wiring harness kit for my honda amaze.

Will their be any problems like headlight discolouration?

I am planning to use 90/100w osram bulbs from my previous car.

I am using 100/90 W setup with a Philips relay, but that is on a Brio. Watt ages in both brio and amaze are the same, so you can definitely go ahead with this setup.

Do not use high wattage bulbs without relay as, it will damage your headlights and reflectors.

Thread Starter #1,222
I wanted to upgrade the stock bulbs of my Honda amaze to 90/100w setup.

Has anyone upgraded their headlight bulbs to 90/100w in a honda amaze?
I am planning to upgrade to 100/90 bulbs. [:)]

Hello

I have brought a philips wiring harness kit for my honda amaze.

Will their be any problems like headlight discolouration?

I am planning to use 90/100w osram bulbs from my previous car.
Use branded bulbs. Headlight problems are reported only if we use cheap or less quality products.

Osram Bulbs are good.[:)]

2 Years 29 Days [evil]

Now running on OE alloys :)
IMG_20150729_225914.jpg

Thread Starter #1,225
Is roots megasonic compatible with amaze
Why not ? Every aftermarket horns can be accommodated, unless you find a proper place to install them :)

@VishnuVichu

Have you replaced your alloys?
I'm planning to repair it. I don't know how it will work out . If it isn't good even after the repair, i would buy another set [cry]

2 Years 1 Month 5 days [:)]
IMG_20150804_235156.jpg

Hi Vishnu,
It's Very interesting thread in this forum on Honda Amaze, Thank you for your very helpful contribution :). After reading your experience and suggestions for 2 hours in this thread I thought of registering and posting a question for your recommendation to do my Honda amaze tyre up-gradation. I owned Honda Amaze I Dtec - S variant exactly 1 Year back. Its been very good experience with punchy engine, But I am very disappointed with car suspension and how it handles potholes and speed barkers with stock types( JK tyres 175/65 r14). 70% I drive in city and 30% on highways. I am looking for your suggestion for my first upgrade.
1) Which is the better size upgrade out of these ( a)185/55-r15 b) 205/50-r15 c) 205/55 r14 d) 195/60 r14 ) concerning handling speed breakers and potholes, Mileage, ride quality/Comfort, NVH and High speed Stability.
2) Approx. cost for 4 wheels tyres and alloy wheels upgrade if I go with 205/50 r15. Michelin XM2
3) Does upgrading effect ABS and EBD in Amaze ?
4) I am very concerned about performance .. :/ Will I find any noticeable Lag in car pick-up ?

Please help me out . Waiting for your response before visiting for upgrade :D.

Thread Starter #1,227
Hi Vishnu,
It's Very interesting thread in this forum on Honda Amaze, Thank you for your very helpful contribution :). After reading your experience and suggestions for 2 hours in this thread I thought of registering and posting a question for your recommendation to do my Honda amaze tyre up-gradation.
Thank you :)

I owned Honda Amaze I Dtec - S variant exactly 1 Year back. Its been very good experience with punchy engine, But I am very disappointed with car suspension and how it handles potholes and speed barkers with stock types( JK tyres 175/65 r14). 70% I drive in city and 30% on highways. I am looking for your suggestion for my first upgrade.
I had MRF's on my vehicle and i know that feeling[cry]

1) Which is the better size upgrade out of these
  • 185/55-r15 - This specific tires size would be hard to find, 195-55-15 can be easily sourced.
  • 205/50-r15 - This is my current tire size. Ride quality is very sharp . Superb handling.
  • 205/55 r14 - Ride quality will improve compared to the 50 profile, but unless on 15". 205/55-14 will be hard to find.
  • 195/60 r14 - will be a balance of both handling and comfort.
2) Approx. cost for 4 wheels tyres and alloy wheels upgrade if I go with 205/50 r15. Michelin XM2
Tires will cost you anywhere around 25k -30k range. Alloys will cost extra .

3) Does upgrading effect ABS and EBD in Amaze ?
Yes, In a positive way. On stock tires , while on hard braking the whole cabin shivers when the ABS turns on. It is being reduced to a great extent because of more road grip and tire profile.

4) I am very concerned about performance .. :/ Will I find any noticeable Lag in car pick-up ?
Sadly yes. Since amaze is having a Linear Turbo delivery you will surely feel a lag since comparing to 175/65-14 205/50-15 is a whole lot bigger and better.
You won't have considerable efficiency drop though.

Got more doubts? Shoot. I'm ready to help 24*7[:D]

Hey vishnu, thanku so much for your clear explanation [:D].. Your alloys are superb man [clap] .. How much did they cost & can you name some good brand alloys Plz :) . Also need to change stock Horn -it sounds like scooter horn [cry] .. Any suggestions

Thread Starter #1,229
Hey vishnu, thanku so much for your clear explanation .. Your alloys are superb man .. How much did they cost & can you name some good brand alloys Plz :) . Also need to change stock Horn -it sounds like scooter horn .. Any suggestions
Alloys costed me 32K. :)

Try Lenso, Advanti or Borbet.

I've already changed it to Roots Windtone :)

Top Bottom