Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,186
Finally got my Amaze after all your comments:)

Its awesome driving in traffic, love the torque.
Congragulations on your new ride. Please start up a new thread and pour in your resourceful information. [clap]

@vishnu vichu
Where do you give for wheel balance works?
Try Rohini Tyres in Panavila.(Opp SP grand days)
I've done at Travancore Wheel Club at Edapazhinji. Those people was good once they started, and later they've lost the charm.
They are careless while fitting the tyres and i was forced to tell them many times not to scratch my alloys and no good at all. I'm not going there anyway and not recommending to anyone.

I've been on Rohini Tyres, once for an enquiry of a tire for my bike. Their cold and lazy attitude puts me off , and I've never gone their after that. Is it that good ?

I found better,go during afternoons,as its an MRF exclusive shop they try to avoid other brands.
During Afternoons crowd comparitively less, more crowd from government works.
Travancore wheel club is also a great shop.
I had given my wagon r there for couple of times, what experience did you have there which made you change your mind Vishnu?

In rohini tyres you don't get offer of free alignment though.
Charge-350 for alignment.

Thread Starter #1,188
I found better,go during afternoons,as its an MRF exclusive shop they try to avoid other brands.
During Afternoons crowd comparitively less, more crowd from government works.
Travancore wheel club is also a great shop.
I had given my wagon r there for couple of times, what experience did you have there which made you change your mind Vishnu?

In rohini tyres you don't get offer of free alignment though.
Charge-350 for alignment.
They are not keeping up the quality with the rush.

Haven't heard of any such problem. Have you checked with the Service centre ?

Well, I missed one of my Lenso's Centre Hub Cap.[frustration]

It now looks awkward without the Hub cap and i tried each and every source here to find a Hub cap of the same type and didn't come across even 1 till now.[cry]

View attachment 168511

My centre Hub starts to rust since it is now exposed to everything on the road.

View attachment 168512

View attachment 168513

Any way to find one guys ? [cry]
Hey Vishnu,
Sad to hear about you missing hubcap.
Can you share your hub diameter?
Will try to find out something for you.
Regards
Car's Paradise

Thread Starter #1,192
Hey Vishnu,
Sad to hear about you missing hubcap.
Can you share your hub diameter?
Will try to find out something for you.
Regards
Car's Paradise
Sure. I'm getting the tire's aligned and balanced soon. Will check and post it asap.

Hi Inian,

Did you get any reply for this oil leakage problem?

Thanks,

Vicky
I'm also interested to know their reply.

Here's what i found, may help someone like me who's up for upsize tyres, from GoodYear website.

SRC : Tyre Upsizing - Tyre Education - Goodyear India
Great finding.[clap]

1 Year 10 Months 11 Days [:D]

DSC07445.JPG

sir my amaze ac stop giving cilling or cold air from the vents and i went to honda service center. The service center says the condenser is damaged and will cost you RS 10000.

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
sir my amaze ac stop giving cilling or cold air from the vents and i went to honda service center ... the service center says the condencer is damaged and will cost you RS 10000 ...
did you see any damage in the condenser? even if there's a small hole it will leak all of the gas but a small hole can be repaired.
but if it's extensively damage it has to be replaced.

if you think it's not that much damage you can get it repaired from a good AC mechanic. I got it repaired for my verna for 2500rs. this includes ac gas as well.

still 10000 seems expensive for the amaze.

just my guess about the pricing. at Honda authorised center labor should be less than 2000rs which includes labor of removing and fitting the condenser plus AC gas.

don't know about condenser cost . again have heard Honda parts are costly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,195
sir my amaze ac stop giving cilling or cold air from the vents and i went to honda service center ... the service center says the condencer is damaged and will cost you RS 10000 ...
Get it checked at an independent shop outside and get a better visual on the situation.

did you see any damage in the condenser? even if there's a small hole it will leak all of the gas but a small hole can be repaired.
but if it's extensively damage it has to be replaced.

if you think it's not that much damage you can get it repaired from a good AC mechanic. I got it repaired for my verna for 2500rs. this includes ac gas as well.

still 10000 seems expensive for the amaze.

just my guess about the pricing. at Honda authorised center labor should be less than 2000rs which includes labor of removing and fitting the condenser plus AC gas.

don't know about condenser cost . again have heard Honda parts are costly.
Thanks for the timely reply.

Yes , when it comes to parts , the maintenance parts are comparatively cheap whereas like the mirrors and all, it's a bomb.[frustration]

Top Bottom