Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

That's great !!
Is it worth or a 100/90 upgrade along with relay is much more practical ? Cause I'm up for an upgrade with the lights. I'm not getting sufficient illumination these days.
Initially me too did upgrade the wiring and bulbs to philips H4 diamond visiom100/90. But some how the results were not that great + there was a small problem.
After a long run (car battery in full charge) you swith off all the electrical stuff in car (AC/Stereo etc etc...). Accelerate little bit and then when you release the accelerator there is a dip in light brightness.

Initially I thought this was due to the upgrade, but the same thing appeared with only park lights on as well. Checked the voltage with multimeter and that too showed a difference.

Later after some research it was found to be happening in couple of my friends Honda's as well --> Drills down to some dual stage charging technique implemented by Honda.
What to say coz of all this I thought let me get back my original and then came Osram Night Breaker.

In one word ---> Awsome.

No issues with electrical warranty.
Philips Diamond vision did'nt have a proper straight light beam. Some how not matching with the reflector system in the car or so...

Thread Starter #1,277
vishnu vichu, have you been following my ownership threads and product reviews these days?
one can even keep 25000 Lumens glare free if one knows how its done.
I was totally busy with some work and I was not even getting time to reply to my thread. Let me read your thread and will shoot up there if in any doubt. Surely i might need some cause lights are one of my main weakness[lol]

Hi Vishnu,

Excellent thread for Amaze Owners. Thumbs UP ...

I need your help in some queries..

1 > My Amaze has done around 34,000 Kms and I have already replaced my break pads 2 times and now Service guys told me to replace the clutch and they quoted around Rs.15,000. Actually Clutch is little harder and it's not smooth. Do i need to change the Clutch ? or better to live with it ? what is meant by Clutch replacement ?

All my Gas savings were gone by replacing Brake Pads and Clutch :)

2 > Planning to change my stock Tyres . My main requirement is to have very good comfort/Suspension and some good road grip and I am not interested in Alloys. Please suggest.

Cheers,
Pruthvi.
First of all Thank you Pruthvi :)

1. Have you got back your old brake pads both the times when replaced ? How often do you drive in bumber to bumber traffic ? Mine is almost nearing 58 k ans the clutch is still fine and intact. Did the showroom guys inspected well before concluding for a clutch change ? A normal wearing clutch should at least last anywhere between 60-80 thousand km's.
  2. Getting the same specification tires of Michelin/ Continental would increase bot grip and comfort in one shot. If you're interested you can also go for 185-60-14 :)

Initially me too did upgrade the wiring and bulbs to philips H4 diamond vision 100/90. But some how the results were not that great + there was a small problem.
After a long run (car battery in full charge) you swith off all the electrical stuff in car (AC/Stereo etc etc...). Accelerate little bit and then when you release the accelerator there is a dip in light brightness.

Initially I thought this was due to the upgrade, but the same thing appeared with only park lights on as well. Checked the voltage with multimeter and that too showed a difference.

Later after some research it was found to be happening in couple of my friends Honda's as well --> Drills down to some dual stage charging technique implemented by Honda.
What to say coz of all this I thought let me get back my original and then came Osram Night Breaker.

In one word ---> Awsome.

Philips Diamond vision did'nt have a proper straight light beam. Some how not matching with the reflector system in the car or so...
That's some new information about the charging [confused]. Well i was even planning to get the 100/90's. Seem's like I'm in trouble now. How well is the present setup coping up ? Is there still problem like that in 100/90 that you observed ?

No offence to anyone, but i'm completely agree on each and every point mentioned by STAR14,
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/13760-honda-amaze-vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-85.html#post465111

a year and half, back in April,14 i have installed HID Xenon KIT FOR ALL Cars High LOW Beam H4 4300K Bulbs With Slim Ballast 35W | eBay

I have Amaze Smt - with no fog lamps, and considering the fact i drive more in night, sometimes almost 600KM straight, i visited a local store just to see if they can help me with headlights, they show me HID set mentioned above(that link is just a ref), i was in dilemma whether to try HID or stick with stock bulbs, since i drive more in night thought to try once,
and ohh boy, my next drive was decent, i could actually see road compared to my earlier runs.

HID are doing really great job without fog lamps since last 1 and half year, and counting. i never need to use HIGH beam with HID and i have clear visibility with same external factors. i only use HIGH beam to bypass with intention to overtake them.

Well, its actually what i observed, driving with stock bulbs with low beam doesn't gives visibility on road considering all external factors - HIGH beams from opposite lane (they never use low beam), lower performance of stock bulbs, even vehicles (CARs, SUVs, Trucks, Buses,...) in your lane always uses HIGH beams, that mirror reflation gives blind feeling, its always challenging driving in night because of such annoying circumstances, you loss your patience and your hand turns on HIGH beams for some visibility, thinking why would you drive on low beams when others don't care !!!

I was totally busy with some work and I was not even getting time to reply to my thread. Let me read your thread and will shoot up there if in any doubt. Surely i might need some cause lights are one of my main weakness[lol]

First of all Thank you Pruthvi :)

1. Have you got back your old brake pads both the times when replaced ? How often do you drive in bumber to bumber traffic ? Mine is almost nearing 58 k ans the clutch is still fine and intact. Did the showroom guys inspected well before concluding for a clutch change ? A normal wearing clutch should at least last anywhere between 60-80 thousand km's.
  2. Getting the same specification tires of Michelin/ Continental would increase bot grip and comfort in one shot. If you're interested you can also go for 185-60-14 :)

That's some new information about the charging [confused]. Well i was even planning to get the 100/90's. Seem's like I'm in trouble now. How well is the present setup coping up ? Is there still problem like that in 100/90 that you observed ?
Thanks a lot Vishnu for the reply.

Yes I got my old brake pads and I drive mostly in the city (around 80%). Let me again go back to the showroom and check for the Clutch part.

Yes the problem is there. Its there in Honda City and Brio as well. I checked in 3 or 4 different cars.

But initially the local fitter had no clue about it, we tried multiple wiring sets & relays. Finally he suggested to switch back to original and user Night Breaker.

IMO - no problem in upgrading to 100/90. It will be better than Osram. But keep the bulb options different, you have to try them at night to actually see the reach of light. Initially I was so happy about philips at the shop. But at night it was not up to the mark - too much light was scattered & throw was less.

Not like an Innova's which had the same setup.

One more point is plz check the heat level from the bulbs - Honda technician (friendly fellow) told me that if its too hot then the headlight might loose it lustre. It might fade lil bit. Also dont go for Bosch wiring & Relay -- Too many duplicates. You have to be very careful.

Thread Starter #1,283
No offence to anyone, but i'm completely agree on each and every point mentioned by STAR14,
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/13760-honda-amaze-vx-i-dtec-ownership-review-85.html#post465111

a year and half, back in April,14 i have installed HID Xenon KIT FOR ALL Cars High LOW Beam H4 4300K Bulbs With Slim Ballast 35W | eBay

I have Amaze Smt - with no fog lamps, and considering the fact i drive more in night, sometimes almost 600KM straight, i visited a local store just to see if they can help me with headlights, they show me HID set mentioned above(that link is just a ref), i was in dilemma whether to try HID or stick with stock bulbs, since i drive more in night thought to try once,
and ohh boy, my next drive was decent, i could actually see road compared to my earlier runs.

HID are doing really great job without fog lamps since last 1 and half year, and counting. i never need to use HIGH beam with HID and i have clear visibility with same external factors. i only use HIGH beam to bypass with intention to overtake them.

Well, its actually what i observed, driving with stock bulbs with low beam doesn't gives visibility on road considering all external factors - HIGH beams from opposite lane (they never use low beam), lower performance of stock bulbs, even vehicles (CARs, SUVs, Trucks, Buses,...) in your lane always uses HIGH beams, that mirror reflation gives blind feeling, its always challenging driving in night because of such annoying circumstances, you loss your patience and your hand turns on HIGH beams for some visibility, thinking why would you drive on low beams when others don't care !!!
How is the HID throw in foggy or rainy conditions ? Can you attach some pictures of the light output ? :)

balu and vishnu,
this link shall answer all you'd questions and May ease the confusion.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html
Thank you. Let me enrich myself[:)]

Thanks a lot Vishnu for the reply.

Yes I got my old brake pads and I drive mostly in the city (around 80%). Let me again go back to the showroom and check for the Clutch part.
What is the condition of the pad ? There would be a line in the centre which is the waer indicator ? Is it completely rubbed off ? Can you post some pictures of the pads so that we can analyze :)

Yes the problem is there. Its there in Honda City and Brio as well. I checked in 3 or 4 different cars.

But initially the local fitter had no clue about it, we tried multiple wiring sets & relays. Finally he suggested to switch back to original and user Night Breaker.

IMO - no problem in upgrading to 100/90. It will be better than Osram. But keep the bulb options different, you have to try them at night to actually see the reach of light. Initially I was so happy about philips at the shop. But at night it was not up to the mark - too much light was scattered & throw was less.

Not like an Innova's which had the same setup.

One more point is plz check the heat level from the bulbs - Honda technician (friendly fellow) told me that if its too hot then the headlight might loose it lustre. It might fade lil bit. Also dont go for Bosch wiring & Relay -- Too many duplicates. You have to be very careful.
Thanks for the tips mate. Let me have an extensive search here for the original products[:)]

Gents,

Do any of you know the size of Amaze wiper blades? Is it 22"/14"? Cant find a measuring tape to measure.

If it is the same as Honda city which is 22"/14" then I was planning to buy Hella dynaedge from here - Hella Dynaedge/Curvo Car Wiper Blades Set of 2-Honda City New 2014 22'' 14'': Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Thanks in advance
Yes. You can use 22'&14" . Though I'm using 22"&15" . You can adjust a little bit :)

Its been 21 Months since I have been driving the Amaze. Even I felt the need of more illumination, esp while driving on highways... Switching to a 100/90 set up or HID's was not on the cards as it voids the electrical warranty and is illegal.
Switched to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 2 days ago... and it surely made a difference.
Though I have never used HID or 100/90 so I cannot compare if the results are at par.. but if I compare it to the stock bulbs, it feels I have been driving in complete darkness all this while.
Lighting is better(.. and more), Ray formation is better(... and longer) and very less scattering. I am already in love with it..
I can definitely recommend it to someone looking for an upgrade to the stock bulbs..

Attachments

Its been 21 Months since I have been driving the Amaze. Even I felt the need of more illumination, esp while driving on highways... Switching to a 100/90 set up or HID's was not on the cards as it voids the electrical warranty and is illegal.
Switched to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 2 days ago... and it surely made a difference.
Though I have never used HID or 100/90 so I cannot compare if the results are at par.. but if I compare it to the stock bulbs, it feels I have been driving in complete darkness all this while.
Lighting is better(.. and more), Ray formation is better(... and longer) and very less scattering. I am already in love with it..
I can definitely recommend it to someone looking for an upgrade to the stock bulbs..
How much did you pay for the pair? For night breaker I paid 1600. But somewhere in team bhp I heard the life is less for Nightbreaker. I prefer Philips

Hi Guys,

Found this detailed thread in our Blog itself. Check out comments by ramG
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/999-philips-x-treme-power-vs-osram-night-breaker-3.html

Hey,The same problem is faced by my friends Honda Amaze.....The lights used to dim at some points.
I believe the parking light dims and yes I enquired about this with the Honda guys and they have clarified the same.
Please note that if a proper wiring kit has been installed their should not be any flickering of the headlights.
My friend made the mistake of getting the wiring kit installed by a local electrician and believe it or not the guy has cut the company wiring at 14 different points to accommodate the fuse,relay and the ceramic holders.His lights started to flicker as you have mentioned
Please try to get the latest philips wiring kit which is complete bolt on kit and requires no wires to be cut!
I too have installed the philips bilt on wiring kit and their is no flickering of lights at any engine speeds.
Initially me too did upgrade the wiring and bulbs to philips H4 diamond visiom100/90. But some how the results were not that great + there was a small problem.

In one word ---> Awsome.

Hey guys has anyone checked the engine oil grade used in the I dtec engines ?
The engine oil in my car was completely transparent when I took delivery of the car.
Today had been to honda service center for a routine checkup and saw a technician topping up another amaze diesel with a golden coloured engine oil ,when asked about the rating of the oil stood clueless with a grin on his face.
Has anybody come across this ? Because I am sure that honda prefilled engine oil was completely transparent and now these guys are filling the diesel engines with some golden oil saying it is a honda diesel synthetic oil.
Has anyone who has completed their warranty tried to change their engine oils with any other oils ??
I believe the engine oil used by honda is of too less viscosity for Indian driving conditions : stop go traffic and hot climate in the southern part of India.

hi everyone sorry for not posting for a long time... being into professional life its difficult to find time for personal needs, anyways last week i got my amaze smt a custom fit fog lights .
the smt version doesnt have a fog lamp, honda was charging 13000 for fog lamps. But called my car jewels shop and he coated 3500 including fitting charges.
Went through ebay and found the kit to cost 3680. So asked the carshop person to get the kit.
so went with a mind set that cutting the bumper shouldnt bother me.

the bumper was removed and back side of the bumper had crease lines for fog lamp(i felt relieved) so they cut the bumper along the lines and tried the kit it fit perfectly. Hope the picture speaks

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom