Automotive Scale Models: Show Off Yours!

You can't get a 1:18 for < Rs 1300. I too have seen the Gullwing you are talking about, and it is on the 1:24 scale. And yes, the M5 is one helluva scale model. a good model to start with. Between the M5 1:18 and 300SL 1:24, go in for the M5. It leaves the 300SL far behind in the dust. Another reason is that the quality of Maisto is better than Bburago.
All the best.
Nice to see you getting into the hobby too.

How does something like a lip spoiler sound?
Nope. GT Spoiler. I already have one. Will show you soon. I may even have a pic somewhere..

Hey folks, I've always been smitten by scale models, and now I've decided to start my own collection. Talking of which, I need your advice. I found a Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing in red by Bburago and though I don't exactly remember what scale it was (I think it was a 1:18), it costs Rs.559/-. So is it worth going for? I found it to be pretty well-made and the detailing was fine too. Also, I saw the BMW M5 in blue by Maisto and that cost Rs.1300 odd and the detailing on that car was superb! So what do you say, what should be my first scale model? The Gullwing or the M5?
You can't get a 1:18 for < Rs 1300. I too have seen the Gullwing you are talking about, and it is on the 1:24 scale. And yes, the M5 is one helluva scale model. a good model to start with. Between the M5 1:18 and 300SL 1:24, go in for the M5. It leaves the 300SL far behind in the dust. Another reason is that the quality of Maisto is better than Bburago.
All the best.
Nice to see you getting into the hobby too.
As arkin said, you cant get a 1:18 below 1000 bucks. unless you are lucky. :D But get the Blue M5, it was one of my first 1:18s too..

Lambo's Rocking.!!
Nice Mac Cyrus, What's your Configuration.
Thank you. Macbook pro with 4gig ram and 2.5GHZ processor with a 320GB hard disk internal.

Tell me what they have. Take alottt of pictures!! And take them from a good cam. Also, Pick the car wisely. Remember, 6000K is no joke.

Tell me what they have. Take alottt of pictures!! And take them from a good cam. Also, Pick the car wisely. Remember, 6000 is no joke.
Sure I will. And yes, I will pic the car(s) wisely.
The last time I went to Modelart, I cleared about a third of the Maisto stock![evil]
6000K = 60 lakhs.
You can get a real car for that much of money.
1000 scale models = 1 E-class! [lol]

6000K = 60 lakhs.[lol]

You can get a real car for that much of money.
Yeah well, You did understand what I meant didn't you??

Sure I will. And yes, I will pic the car(s) wisely.
The last time I went to Modelart, I cleared about a third of the Maisto stock![evil]

1000 scale models = 1 E-class! [lol]
I really want the older Autoarts. I know those morons have them!!

Er, Older AutoARTs? Can you please tell me about some of the models, so that I can pick up one or two, leaving the rest for you?

I'm stuck here with viral fever. Hopefully I can get back to Bangalore tomorrow.

Will do an interior shoot soon when I do the Outdoor shoot for this car. I hope it doesnt rain today. Was hoping for a nice dry day so I could shoot.

Top Bottom