Volkswagen Polo Comes To India

350Z

Core Team
Nice to learn that Volkswagen has successfully sold quite a good number of units of Polo considering the price tag it wears. It is a challenge for Volkswagen to sell Polo in volumes which will only help the car-maker to establish itself in country and create its own territory. It is a good car over all but just hope that it continues to do well in market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well yeah my friend who was looking for a premium hatch took a look at Polo also , but decided to back off as the dealer said the waiting period was 3 months!!

shynish :agree: Polo is so underpowered atleast for the price tag it comes along. i think its fate will be like sister fabia. just if vw had priced a little better it could have done wonders and lets see that 3 month waitlist it is all because of hype created otherwise it will soon come down like honda Jazz! if pwerformance and features are main i will go for i20!

I am wondering what on earth made VW to give a 3-cylinder engine for Indian Polo! I read in some review that this engine is noisy and lacks power. Probably VW have the typical this is enough for India attitude, to which GM had paid a big price with their OPEL brand. I am not happy with the specs personally :mad: We have much better alternatives available like Swift, Punto, i20 etc.

the waiting hype is so much created that to make public fool that Polo is selling like hot cake but infact thats not the case.

Rightly said it will face the same music as Jazz faced.

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Liter Coming Next Month!!

Here's some interesting piece of information about Polo. Volkswagen India is considering to release Polo with powerful 1.6 liter petrol engine as soon as by next month! This 1598cc engine produces 105 BHP or Power and 153 NM of Torque which is sufficient enough to run out few mid-size sedans under a cover.

Drive Safe,
350Z

1.6 Liter is great move but for an already overpriced car, how much will Volkswagen charge for this1.6 liter? Rs.8 Lakhs!?! i feel this step is done to compete with upcoming punto sports.

Yes VW guy had told me about this 1.6L petrol option at the expo, but didnt specify the date of launch. I too will post the complete specs of Polo1.6 from the brochure which i got from them.

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Specifications

The following are the specifications for upcoming Volkswagen Polo 1.6:

Variants:

• Highline
Engine:
1598cc, 4 Cylinders in-line producing max. power of 105 PS @ 5250 RPM and maximum torque of 153 NM @ 3750 RPM

Gearbox:

5-Speed Manual

Steering:
Electrical Hydraulic Power Assist.

Turning Radius:
4.97M

Acceleration:

• 0-100 : 11.1 Seconds
Top-Speed:

• 183.8 Kmph
Brakes:

• Front: Discs
  • Rear: Drums

Drive Safe,
350Z

I heard the launch is in December for the 1.6 iltre engine!
How can they bring it next month when they are already struggling to produce the current one?

Top Bottom