Volkswagen Polo Comes To India

Oh , price hike is not going to do anything good to the car i guess! Already i felt the top end models were priced slightly higher!

Polo is priced too high with less features. The engine is too noisy.

No doubt the body is heavy and sturdy. Only highline is having the almost all features.

Rather Fabia I think is much better than Polo.

VW are just taking the advantage of Brand and infact Polo has got nothing.

Yesterday I took a TD and there were lot many people at Moti Nagar showroom but I saw none of them booking Polo. People were going to harpreet ford next to VW/Skoda showroom and I saw people preferring FIGO.

Rear leg space in Polo is worst. Figo has comfortable rear space. Figo offering Bluetooth for the phone connectivity but only drawback of FIGO is that even top end does not have FOG lamp/tiltable steering and alloy wheels wherein Polo has all this

Last edited:
People who are looking for VFM will go with Figo whereas people who are brand conscious will not mind spending more to get the Polo.

350Z

Core Team
5,000 Volkswagen Polos Booked

This is a news! Under 45 Days time period, Volkswagen Auto has been successful to achieve about 5,000 booking milestone for it's newest Indian Polo Hatchback. This is what VW's Official, Neeraj Garg has to say:

"Polo is having a waiting period of about three-four months currently and we are ramping up the production of to meet the demand accordingly. We have confirmed bookings of 5,000 units of the Polo, with 500 units already delivered. The response towards our car has really reiterated the trust and confidence that our brand and importantly our products have been able to build up in a short span of time."

What does it feels to you, Is all the action just for the initial days of *pricey* VW Polo, Similar to what we noticed in the case of Honda Jazz?

Drive Safe,
350Z

This was expected. The massive adv campaign is paying-off.

I don't think Polo is that much pricey, Honda cars in India are overpriced. But because of Figo excellent pricing, all other cars are looing expensive now.

Well its actually shocking to see so many bookings!! I actually thought it was slightly overpriced and with Figo also coming at a cheaper price tag i never expected this!!

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Diesel Now Available!

Oh boy, That is a news. Thanks for the update. Below are specifications from Volkswagen India:

Volkswagen Polo Diesel 1.2

Variants:

• Trendline
  • Comfortline
  • Highline
Engine:
1199cc, 3 cylinder inline

Power:
75PS @ 4200 RPM

Torque:
180NM @ 2000 RPM

Gearbox:
5 Speed Manual

Acceleration:
0-100Kph - 14.4 secs

Top Speed:
164.1 Kmph

Mileage:
22.07 Kpl

Link to Petrol + Diesel Comparison PDF : http://www.volkswagen.co.in/media/c...ia.Par.0037.File.pdf/new_polo_-_tech_spec.pdf

popup9.jpg

popup2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
HAHA...[lol]They were simply hilarious. I really liked them all. However, I've not seen any of them on T.V yet. RSM, Please post these in advertisements thread as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

VW to ramp up Polo production; backlog stands at 5,700 units

VW to ramp up Polo production; backlog stands at 5,700 units-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times -
Volkswagen on Tuesday said it will ramp up the output of its latest offering, compact car Polo in India to clear order
backlog, which has now crossed 5,700 units within two months of launch.

The company has produced about 1,800 units in the last two months from its facility in Chakan at an average output of 900 cars per month.

With low production levels, VW is struggling to meet demand of the Polo in the Indian market.

Garg said, Polo is having 3-4 months of waiting period before delivery and denied market rumours that the company is delaying deliveries due to technical issues.

Top Bottom