Which is Best Hatch Now Available in India? (Booked Honda Jazz)

Hatches in India span at least 3 categories- Budget (800, Alto, Eon, Spark)/Mid (i10, Beat,WagonR, Ritz, Swift [base versions], Brio, Liva etc)/Premium (i20, Jazz, Swift, Polo, Punto, etc). The there's the question of petrol vs. diesel. All said and done, the most value for money hatch at present seems to be the Brio as it comes across as a quality car built to high standards with a great engine at an affordable price. How about adding a poll to this thread?

Krishleo : I booked from Trivandrum Peninsular Honda. Any news from that dealer Mr. Ajith ? It was booked on Nov 5th.
Ajith called us and told us to register a complain in Honda One2One . We did and received a call from Customer relations, Peninsular Honda, Cochin. He said we are no.6 in the waiting list for jazz . He promised delivery on/before March.[cry] He said only few jazzes are allotted to them in Kochi and tvm. He said Honda allots cars depending upon the booking priority made by dealers with Honda. He said many booked in Kochi before face-lifted Jazz was launched and only they are receiving the cars now. He said Honda will increase production to 1000units/month by mid/end Feb. As soon as that happens , more cars will be allotted and waiting's will come down.[:)] He said currently, the waiting period is 8 months.He said only few cancellations come for Jazz from Trivandrum and Kochi since many book are loyal Honda customers or are people who like the car very much .

Hi, do you mean that once the production is started in full swing, the current 8 months waiting period may come down ? for example from 8 months to 6/5/4 months ? or do we get sooner than that ?

The production got hit due to the Thailand floods and is expected to rationalize only by end March this year. Let's see how the Jazz does once the waiting list comes down.

Hi, do you mean that once the production is started in full swing, the current 8 months waiting period may come down ? for example from 8 months to 6/5/4 months ? or do we get sooner than that ?
Yep i think so. It wont come too down. Maybe decrease by a month or two. I have read that Honda has decided to resume production of all new City by January. So, i expect they will resume jazz and brio by February. [:)]

I had a word with the Honda dealer in my city and he said that they shall be receiving supplies February onwards.

Today I called Honda one to one, immediately I got a call from my dealer stating, you are 12th in the waiting list by April/May I will get like that, so no indefinite waiting period also promised no cancellation charge as well. They told the same story like they will get only 8 cars per month. Also if any cancellation comes, then we have a priority and the chances of the waiting period to come down slightly...

today i got call from Magnum Honda, they told me, i wil get my car in mid of APR,does any body got call..?
Lucky you. You have booked X right? Which colour? What is your position in the waiting list ? Dealer said my jazz will be delivered by March/April. But,we booked on Aug. 31st. [anger]

today i got call from Magnum Honda, they told me, i wil get my car in mid of APR,does any body got call..?
What?? You are one lucky chap if it happens! You got an apology letter stating the delivery date as Nov 2012 right?

I got call from my dealer end of Dec 2011 saying mine will be ready in Feb 2012. I booked it on Aug 24th 2011.

This means, every dealer has got their own waiting list and fixed allotment of cars every month. those who booked with a busy dealer and fixed allotment per month, has to wait more. I am 12th in the waiting list of my dealer for select UT, dealer promised end of April or in May after requesting honda one2one. I booked on Nov 05th 2011, the time in which honda actually stopped booking for Jazz...Btw, does anyone know if they reopened Jazz booking? or when its going to happen ?

Thread Starter #75
akhilgopalg/krishleo/harinhs,

I booked X variant and titanium color ,From our company we have booked nearly 15+ cars which includes Bri and jazz [:D], dealer is giving some preferences to us and I helped dealer on his busyness by referring my friends to get Bro.

Harish/Krish How did you guys thinking about finance..?

Last edited:
Top Bottom