Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Re: TATA Q501 SUV (1.5 MJD) To Rival Renault Duster

I completely agree on that part vishwas, how are they going to position their new upcoming rival below strome, wouldnt it be in the similar lines of storme without the jump seats mostly if its going tobe a duster rival?

Why is Tata concentrating only upon bringing Duster rival and not the ecosport rival?
IMHO both duster and ecosport competes with each other and everybody knows the fact that it cannot beat the likes of Storme and Scorpio.

Another question is how are they going to bring it below Storme?? I guess this prototype will kill it's own sibling.
TATA MOTORS is going to put up a strong 6 SUV line up.
1. X1 platform based mini SUV the rival ECOSPORT (SUB 4M)
2. New SUV on Raptor platform to replace SUMO and I think will have one.more derivative
3. Q501 a hybrid chassis to platform to compete with DUSTER (>4M)
4. Q502 again on the same Hybrid platform to take on larger 7 str SUV
5. SAFARI STROME built to be a true breed terrain SUV maybe will shed some weight
6. ARIA will also continue with ZEST like Complete rebuild for the crossover segment

But it is to remain to see upto what extent will JLR help TML in the new Hybrid chassis. My opinion is it should help only in building the body cage chassis and a little bit on suspension and handling.

1. X1 platform based mini SUV the rival ECOSPORT (SUB 4M)
2. New SUV on Raptor platform to replace SUMO and I think will have one.more derivative
3. Q501 a hybrid chassis to platform to compete with DUSTER (>4M)
4. Q502 again on the same Hybrid platform to take on larger 7 str SUV
5. SAFARI STROME built to be a true breed terrain SUV maybe will shed some weight
6. ARIA will also continue with ZEST like Complete rebuild for the crossover segment

But it is to remain to see upto what extent will JLR help TML in the new Hybrid chassis. My opinion is it should help only in building the body cage chassis and a little bit on suspension and handling.
Sorry I do not understand why the bold sentences is needed to rival in different segments. Also both are not making sales numbers like the top 4 in our country do, this is again like a throwing away option sir.

hey i have question here. i might sound silly though. Nexon is also a compact SUV X1 platform is also a mini SUV. A Q501 is also like a compact SUV which segments will this be placed in 3 mini S UV's by one manufacturer kind of strange.
Tata Motors To Launch Nexon Compact SUV In 2015
Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/02/ca...exon-compact-suv-in-2015/#hFvoX2BgGzciUCXd.99

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

hey i have question here. i might sound silly though. Nexon is also a compact SUV X1 platform is also a mini SUV. A Q501 is also like a compact SUV which segments will this be placed in 3 mini S UV's by one manufacturer kind of strange.
Tata Motors To Launch Nexon Compact SUV In 2015
Read more at Tata Motors To Launch Nexon Compact SUV In 2015 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
dude TATA Nexon is Sub-Compact SUV(under 4meters) competites with Ford EcoSport price range starting from around 6 L to 9 L or 10 Lacks depending upon variants and TATA Q501 Compact SUV(higher then 4meters) competites with Suv's like Renault Duster petrol/diesel(price-8.40L to 12.70Lacks) and Mahindra XUV 5oo Diesel(Price-11.20L to 15.15Lacks) so we have around 2lacks price difference with EcoSport and Duster and XUV 5oo respectively

So here TATA Want to Capture this gap by launching new product So TATA Q501 SUV Expected price range will be 10lacks to 16lacks means The SUV's entry level variant competites with Duster highter variants and topend variants competites with XUV 5oo [clap]

For Safari they will use raptor platform and will be launched in 2018. Quite long period [frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:

For Safari they will use raptor platform and will be launched in 2018. Quite long period [frustration]
2018 is a long long period. Storme need mid life facelift and the one we are expecting, is just a job which should have been there at the launch of vehicle. (read 2 DIN ICE, may be some gizmos etc. )

Some how they are stretching the new releases a bit too much. Esp with Storme/ safari vehicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry I do not understand why the bold sentences is needed to rival in different segments. Also both are not making sales numbers like the top 4 in our country do, this is again like a throwing away option sir.
Tata has lined up both the cars for two different segments. The Nexon rival will be a true low cost SUV. But the Q501 is in a different ball game. It will be in a luxury segment. It will have features of a higher segment. Nexon will be a true Monoque chassis car but Q501 will be a hybrid chassis SUV.

But your question is why both?

They will not be priced close. They will cater to a different set of customers. Thirdly TATA will be now more export focused. They need more products to cater to different requirements of the worlds.

Thread Starter #25

Upcoming Renaul Duster Revival TATA Q501 is codenamed as kestrel with 1.5 L Multijet engine

The Kestrel, which will be a five-seater SUV. This will be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine. This will also be a multijet engine, which Fiat is at the moment developing for the Indian car market at the moment. The pricing of the Kestrel will be about INR 11-14.5 (on-road). This will be direct competition to the Renault Duster, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki SX4 Cross and the Hyundai ix25. It shall come with features like dual airbags, touch-screen Harman infotainment system etc.

Source:Tata two SUVs codenamed Kestrel and Goshawk - EXLCUSIVE - MotorOctane

Upcoming Renaul Duster Revival TATA Q501 is codenamed as kestrel with 1.5 L Multijet engine

The Kestrel, which will be a five-seater SUV. This will be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine. This will also be a multijet engine, which Fiat is at the moment developing for the Indian car market at the moment. The pricing of the Kestrel will be about INR 11-14.5 (on-road). This will be direct competition to the Renault Duster, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki SX4 Cross and the Hyundai ix25. It shall come with features like dual airbags, touch-screen Harman infotainment system etc.

Source:Tata two SUVs codenamed Kestrel and Goshawk - EXLCUSIVE - MotorOctane
Strange names eh? Where in this irked have they picked up such fancy names, also to include Nexon.

Anyways, they should be wonderful products as TML is pooling all sources with full might.

Strange names eh? Where in this irked have they picked up such fancy names, also to include Nexon.
The two name are project code names and not the names of the SUV's.

Zest and Bolt were called Falcon, the new hatchback is called Kite, and so on. The final product will have different name for sure.

Thread Starter #28
Re: Tata Kestrel Q501 SUV (1.5 MJD) To Rival Renault Duster

I wondered why TATA Motors putting their upcoming car code names are related birds [surprise]

Starting from Falcon, Eagle, Pelicon and Kestrel its seems like Pratap bose every much intrested on birds [:D]

The two name are project code names and not the names of the SUV's.

Zest and Bolt were called Falcon, the new hatchback is called Kite, and so on. The final product will have different name for sure.
I know it buddy. Just a small comment with a little sarcasm.

Thread Starter #30
Re: Tata Kestrel Q501 SUV (1.5 MJD) To Rival Renault Duster

Land Rover Discovery Sport-based Tata Q501/Q502 launching in 2018 – Report

The Fiat 2L MultiJet diesel engine will be used.

Reports are rife that Tata Motors is working on a flagship product, using for the first time a Land Rover platform. The SUV in question is codenamed Tata Q501/Q502, and according to a new report on Autocar India, will launch in 2018.

The Tata Q501/Q502 will share its floor pan and structural components with the Land Rover Discovery Sport, which is assembled in India at the car maker’s Pune plant. However, the Tata offering will have its own design and identity, the report states.

It will be powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-liter MultiJet II diesel engine paired to 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Naturally, 2WD and 4WD variants will be offered. The 170 bhp engine is also expected to power the Jeep C-Segment SUV (codename Jeep 551), which will be made in India next year. Hence, the two companies could explore the possibility of locally assembling this engine and benefit from volumes of scale.

Read more :Land Rover Discovery Sport-based Tata Q501 Launch In 2018

Top Bottom