Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Road Test Drive Review

exactly this is the point.
i am not planning to keep this vehicle for long time. I will just keep it for another 2 years till i buy another SUV ( may be storme 4x4) hence if i sell this vehicle after 2 years this may sell for 4-5 lacs hence loss is very less. For me minimum safety feature required is ABS.
If that's the case, I see very very few risks. The only issue I see is the customer service interface and orientation at TASS.
Have driven my new Aria for close to 3000 km now, its been great so far. Plan to start an ownership thread here soon.

Yes the ASS is very bad and they do not know the issue sometimes. Recently my manza was in service centre for 6 days just for brake booster delay. After replacement i am satisfied only because the car stops when braked. but not extremely satisfied due to inability to do the job perfectly.

2014 Aria initial review by ACI :Tata Aria 4x4 | Cars First Drive | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India
The key improvements to the 2014 Tata Aria are hidden under the hood. The retuned 2.2-litre VariCor diesel motor helps it shave off almost a second to 100kph and now takes 14.79sec, though you won’t notice a stark difference while driving. What you will notice is that the engine feels more refined and free-revving than before and the power delivery is smoother with the turbo-spike being ironed out to an extent. The motor feels quieter too. However, while the gear knob looks premium and is nicely finished, the ‘box still feels a bit unpolished and transfers a fair amount of engine vibrations to your palm.</p>
On the plus side, the Aria absorbs almost everything our roads throw at it. This big SUV manages to make easy work of fairly large potholes and only the really large ones crash through. However, with speed, the ride does get a bit floaty and the steering too is a tad vague, especially around the straight ahead position. Apart from this, the Aria handles predictably and although there’s a fair bit body roll, it’s not too unnerving and the on-demand all-wheel-drive system makes it feel surprisingly surefooted. There’s also a button on the dash to switch it into 4x2 on the fly to extract the best-possible fuel economy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Xover, will this avatar catch more attention than the prev ones? Is this the best TML could do to make the product appealing?-many would argue its a great product and perhaps TML think so too,but at 50-90 sold a month clearly the public dont-so more of the same strategy cant obviously be good? or am i missing something?

There is only one dealer in Mumbai and they have 2 branches and one of the branch always has either of their products not available to see. The service centre is also just one for Mumbai and located not so well for suburb areas. The company should really invest in setting up their own centres if they expect to sell their products.

Strange thing. The Aria is a rare bird on the roads. Many owners atleast of older versions seem to be wanting to sell. I would have thought this would lead to v affordable used Aria's. However,looking on the net most seem to be upwards of 7lakhs even for 3yr old variants (base)! Is this wishful thinking by owners or is it that the value actually holds up?
Used Qualis still gets a good price-but it was popular in its day. Whats with the Aria?

Xover, will this avatar catch more attention than the prev ones? Is this the best TML could do to make the product appealing?-many would argue its a great product and perhaps TML think so too,but at 50-90 sold a month clearly the public dont-so more of the same strategy cant obviously be good? or am i missing something?
Just last month they dispatched around 240 Arias IIRC. So indeed the facelift has found some "extra" takers. But Tata would need to modify this car, and need to give it a new identity for it to bounce back(just what they did to Vista aka Bolt/Zest).

tata aria pride 2014 Buying

got the delivery of the car today.cargo motors in gandhidham, kutch. ceremony for the delivery was not very good. manager of cargo motors came and handed me a big key.just park my pride in front of gate and gave me a key,then hand sake thats all[frustration].
there was not any kind of problem during booking or delivery.

Last edited:
Tata Aria Undergoes Another Price Revision: Now Starts @ Rs.8.95 Lakh!

Tata Aria crossover gets yet another price drop; Now available for 8.95 lakh rupees | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice
Price drops and slow sales have been synonymous with the Tata Aria luxury crossover, ever since its launch in 2010. The latest price drop makes the imposing Aria more attractive than ever before with a starting price now pegged at 8.95 lakh rupees for the Pure variant. For the kind of the room that the Aria crossover offers on the inside, and for the feature set served up, the 8.95 lakh rupee price tag makes it particularly attractive to those in the car market for a large people mover.The Aria LX Pure variant will continue to be powered by a 2.2 liter-4 cylinder VariCOR turbo diesel engine that pumps out 147 Bhp of peak power and 320 Nm of peak torque. The crossover received a facelift recently and the refresh saw Tata Motors adding more power to the 2.2 liter diesel motor, apart from giving the Aria a mild cosmetic makeover. The Aria gets an ARAI certified 15.05 Kmpl mileage figure. The crossover is available in rear wheel drive and all wheel drive variants.However, the Pure and Pleasure variants of the Aria give the all wheel drive layout the miss. The top-end Pride version of the Aria comes with an all wheel drive unit as standard fare. The Pure variant is quite a bare basic version of the Aria, in terms of safety features offered. Both ABS and Airbags are not offered on the Pure variant, even as an option.
The Aria’s Pure variant is aimed at budget crossover buyers and cab operators.The latest price drop for the Aria crossover is likely to be an effect of Mahindra launching the facelifted Scorpio SUV at an attractive starting price tag. Sales of the Aria have been nothing to write home about, ever since Tata Motors got the crossover’s positioning wrong at the time of its original launch in 2010. Massive discounting is yet to see the Aria’s sales gain traction and the jury is out on whether the latest price cut does anything to perk up the Aria’s performance at the hustings.
Good move by Tata(is it the Mayank Parekh effect?). Lets see whether this move can revive the sales of this wonderful car or not!

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Tata Aria undergoes another price revision: Now starts @8.95 lakh rupees

This seems tobe the new scorpio affect along with to get the masses of cab operators to opt for this vehicle.
Even before this price cut there were quite few arias seen on road specially pure variant and now again with price cut can hope to see more numbers getting sold by Tata.

Re: Tata Aria Undergoes Another Price Revision: Now Starts @ Rs.8.95 Lakh!

Sad sad sad.

A competent vehicle launched at 18 Lacs being sold for a base price of 9 Lacs.

Anyways, it is a market dud and it is best to avoid it.

Sad sad sad.

A competent vehicle launched at 18 Lacs being sold for a base price of 9 Lacs.

Anyways, it is a market dud and it is best to avoid it.
It absolutely is Raj, when launched this was the most premium vehicle launched by tata motors which could not capitalised then nor now has.
This move could make the cab operators opt for as i saw on roads after the first price cut mostly with the taxi operators,specially the base variant.

Last edited:

Sure that Aria is a competent product developed by Tata, but people were not ready to shell out 15 lakhs or more on Tata product then. Now that the Ex-showroom starts at 9 Lakhs, as mentioned by Vijay correctly this will attract fleet owners.
But how to attract individual aspirants, Tata has to find the answer yet!
Not sure if its true, but one of the SA at Tata showroom said many customers who came looking for Aria ended up purchasing Storme [:D] Reason being storme looks much better (read macho) than Aria, which is true actually.
Now how about a storme embedded with all Aria (top end) features? Should be a hot vehicle, isn't it?

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

A 10+ lakh OTR car that doesnt come with ABS in its base variant?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Base Innova too don't come with ABS or even rear discs.

Top Bottom