Tata Aria Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Aria Comprehensive Road Test Review

Here is the press release for the newly launched Aria Pure LX:Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases

Few excerpts from the press release:

Commenting on the launch of the New Aria Pure LX, Mr. Ranjit Yadav, President, Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Aria is already well received for its class leading comfort and versatility, refinement, safety, styling and a powerful yet fuel efficient engine. The new Aria Pure LX, with an unbeatable price, makes the proposition of the Aria's finesse of a sedan with the muscle of an SUV, even more attractive."
Bringing together all the refinements and finesse of a sedan, the Aria Pure LX is full of thoughtful features. The vehicle comfortably seats 7 people. Its dual AC with pillar mounted AC vents, keeps the whole cabin ambient, no matter how harsh the weather outside. A state-of-the-art driver info system, along with a neat instrument cluster on the dashboard, keeps the driver informed about the car's performance. It has keyless entry with a remote integrated key. Flat folding 2nd and 3rd row seats, with a sliding 2nd row, helps create extra room for special needs.
The Aria Pure LX has all the muscle of an SUV, with a BS-IV grade 2.2L Dicor engine that generates up to 140 PS power and 320 Nm torque, delivering a powerful yet fuel efficient drive. It has an overall length of 4780 mm, width of 1895 mm and height of 1780 mm. The Aria Pure LX also has a wheelbase of 2850 mm, with an astonishing ground clearance of 200 mm. With a single mass flywheel, vibrations are kept to a minimum. The Aria Pure LX has a 60 litre fuel tank. The vehicle also boasts an unbelievably small turning radius of 5.6 m.
The Aria Pure LX looks stunning. Its aggressive stance is accentuated by its dominating 16-inch wheels, dual barrel headlamps with projector beams and an elegant chrome waistline on all windows. Beige fabric upholstery throughout the vehicle, gives the car elevates the car's aesthetics.
The Aria Pure LX is designed to actively secure its occupants. Disc brakes on all four wheels ensure efficient and powerful braking. Its dual pot calliper braking system ensures high braking force and shorter braking distance.
The Aria's frame is constructed with advanced hydroformed members, enhancing rigidity while reducing weight, making the vehicle stronger and sturdier and giving it the robustness and rigidity to take on Indian roads. In case of a theft or bonnet/door opening attempt, the in-built engine immobilizer with parametric alarm system not only alerts but also cuts the fuel supply to the engine and restarts only with the original key.
The Tata Aria Pure LX has been priced at Rs. 9.95 lakhs (ex-showroom Bangalore).

Tata Aria Pure Lx is now officially launched at 9.95lakhs ex-showroom Bengaluru:Tata Aria Pure LX introduced in India at 9.95 lakhs
From a 18 Lacs Premium crossover to 9 Lac budget people mover... what a shame. Their reputation has gone for a toss.

With M&M beating TATA by a huge margin in terms of sales figures and TATA going in cost reduction mode, I think they need to do something astonishingly good... and the Storme is not the right way ahead.

Aria A/T with Harman Music system,coming soon[:)]:
Tata to Launch Safari Storme's Advanced Version, Safari Storme AT and Aria AT- Exclusive | CarDekho.com

Now come to the other big news, the Indian auto major is also planning to launch the AT version of its flagship crossover, the Aria, which despite being one of the most advanced vehicles could not lure buyers. And the only reason behind the not-so-impressive sales numbers of Aria is its pre-time launch, Skoda Yeti is another such example, which failed to do good even being one of the most sophisticated products of Skoda India.
The AT Aria had already done one round of international testing even before it was showcased at the auto expo. But as they say creativity and innovations never go in vain, success is just the right time away, and it seems to be the right time for the Aria, as we have seen Indians’ shift towards good utility vehicles in recent times. And if other media reports are to be believed, there will be a compact version of the Aria in India by 2014.

From a 18 Lacs Premium crossover to 9 Lac budget people mover... what a shame. Their reputation has gone for a toss.

With M&M beating TATA by a huge margin in terms of sales figures and TATA going in cost reduction mode, I think they need to do something astonishingly good... and the Storme is not the right way ahead.
I think we are looking too much into the matter. TATA at the time of the launch said there will be lesser variants to follow. And they have come up with the same now. We dont exactly know what TATAs strategy is regarding the Aria. May be (or may be not) they are satisfied with a 100 units per month sale.

Last edited:

I think we are looking too much into the matter. TATA at the time of the launch said there will be lesser variants to follow. And they have come up with the same now. We dont exactly know what TATAs strategy is regarding the Aria. May be (or may be not) they are satisfied with a 100 units per month sale.
I am seriously worried for Aria going into cab market.

Before they make it a mass seller Tata should launch AT and put it back into premium category where it belongs.

A fine car like Aria doesn't deserve to flood our streets as Taxi.

I am ready for a 6 gearM 160bhp Aria even to this date.

I don't know why Tata is delaying the launch of A/T Aria so much? As of now there is no other 7 seater UV with an A/T tranny under 15 lakhs,so this would have been perfect time to launch this model,IMHO! Also the fact that this A/T variant will come with more power and torque alongwith tiptronic mode,makes the wait even more painful.[cry]

I hope Tata manage to do something about Aria which makes it a super hit product like Storme,which has managed 6000 bookings within 3 months and that too without any TV ads and without being launched across the nation.On the contrary Tata has managed to sell only about 5000 Aria till date that is more than 2 years of its launch.[frustration]

Hello All,

Just have registered for the forum. However, can anyone pls post the pics for Aria Pure LX interiors and exteriors? The websites seems to using the interior for topend version (Pride) in the ads for Pure LX.

Regards
Vikram

Hi Vicky,welcome to TAI.I think Pure LX has similar interiors like Pure minus the music system.BTW,are you looking to buy Aria Pure LX?

Thanks Xover, this s pretty good community and feel that comments here are much more authentic that the auto mags or sites...

I am confused between Storme and Aria. I dont want to go for top end version of either of cars (frankly not in my budget) but will plan for starting versions. So between Storme Lx and Pure Lx which one should I go for?

Thanks Xover, this s pretty good community and feel that comments here are much more authentic that the auto mags or sites...

I am confused between Storme and Aria. I dont want to go for top end version of either of cars (frankly not in my budget) but will plan for starting versions. So between Storme Lx and Pure Lx which one should I go for?
Hi Vikyjoshi, welcome to TAI. Why not to start a new thread on the link below:

The Automotive Shopper

Because discussing the topic here would definitely hijack the thread. BTW I think Storme LX is better buy if you are looking for 5 seater with some additional 2 seater, but if you want genuine 7 seater it is Aria. [evil]

There is a reason why I always say TAI ROCKS! Be part of it you'll know too.[:)]
If you want a comfortable 7 seater vehicle with AC on all 3 rows(great for the family,IMO) then Aria makes more sense.

While if you are primarily looking for a 5 seater comfortable mile muncher then it should be Storme.

BTW,have you taken test drive of both these vehicles? I urge you to go and take a thorough TD of both these vehicles,and decide the vehicle that you like more.[:)]

Anyways,for you I am making a list of what you are going to get in both these vehicle at the lowest trim:

Storme LX & Aria Pure LX both are priced @9.95 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore.

In Storme LX you'll get:

1.Refined Varicor engine.

2.Music system with bluetooth.

3.Anti-Lock braking system with EBD.

4. Engine Immobiliser & rear demister.

5.Central locking and body coloured bumpers.

In Aria Pure LX:

1. You will get dual AC compressor,which means AC vents on all 3 rows.

2.You DON'T get ABS and EBD though,also no music system.

Rest all features are similar to the Pure variant,also note that engine of Pure LX has only single mass flywheel as opposed to DMF of other Aria variants.

This move will make the engine more reliable but little harsh.

Hope all the above info helps you.Please TD both and update us with your decision.Best of luck in your venture!

THE X-OVER

Thank you Xover and dharmesh. Will TD both and then decide.

Also one more set of questions. is tata really looking at complete make over of Aria? Will it be during the first half of the 2013. So, does waiting for the new Aria makes sense? these are also some questions that are complicating my decision making.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remember Porche. They made the 911, every one looked down on it. Said such a concept wouldnt work and such stuff. BUT today 911 is the best drivers car you can buy. They dint listen to people, they took up the challenge and changed the peoples views.

Hope TATA do a similar thing. ARIA is a class act. Many people who have seen it are, well, shocked. TATA badge is keeping some, away. Its a challenge for TATA, to change the perception.

@viky: No info is available buddy about complete make over of Aria.However Automatic version of Aria may get launched any time soon.

I went for a brief drive in a new XUV500. While it makes you feel pampered the ride was not v smooth-a bit "shaky". Its last row is essentially for v small kids and has no luggage space with the 3rd row up. But-people oggle at the car and the owner feels.. well goood!
The aria-same space, better ride, but somehow does not excite-perhaps the high price initially (as compared to the Introductory XUV price) also did not help-they need to do something radical with its looks-and get aggressive with the prices-not the base version-but a mid range version with ABS and Airbags, reasonable music system for ~10laks-thats my ?silly prescription!

Top Bottom