Removing Dents on Car

Re: Pictures and Videos of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Never thought my car will come to this. [cry]
Some guy had hit my car and gone,when parked!. Need to replace the LHR door and quarter panel tinkering and painting.cost-15 K !
No need to change door if you can live with scratches Go to reputed local car repair and get it repaired for 5k-6k. For scratches you can do touch up.

@generalmax - There is no sharp crease on the doors. I think the normal tinkering shop can take this dent and paint. I guess it to be a 5k job.

Tried with two different garages .both of them said not possible.anywhere between 15 -20 K is what they were quoting. SO went to Insurance company for claim. Now they will take sweet time to do their job.
Is it a rip off ?

Surely must have a careless biker or a taxi-wala.
Hope the cars of both, Bump that and Generalmax get well soon.

Possibly the pictures dont tell it all. Seems quite OK to me that it should nt need to be replaced. Can you try out a few other shops?

I think, a good worker can fix this without getting the door replaced.
Did you tired removing the door pad to check the accessibility to the effected panel?

I had a dent over the metal hood(an average and soft dent probably made by hand by leaning over it while parking) and a big dent and few tiny cracks on the back plastic bumper made by a car who failed to brake in a city traffic condition.

Both of the dents managed to fix by DIY job. I used my hairdryer to warmup those dents and applied pressure in the opposite direction.

Tried with two different garages .both of them said not possible.anywhere between 15 -20 K is what they were quoting. SO went to Insurance company for claim. Now they will take sweet time to do their job.
Is it a rip off ?
Where do you stay, there is a small garage in my locality who did repair a worse dent than this for Rs 4K in 2012 for my erstwhile car. Including paint finish.

New VW Polo Dent

MY new polo got dent and some crash. How much it will cost to re-store. Do I want go VW service or local dent service? Shall I claim for insurance? I did while parking [cry]

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone bumped my Swift VDI front bumper

Hey pals,

My car has got big dent on front bumper. Could you please tell me whether this can be repaired or I shoul replace it? What will be the cost in each case? [frustration]

Maruti Swift Front Bumper Dent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Someone bumped my Swift VDI front bumper

IMO the dent can be blown out and painted. No need to replace. Approx cost for bumper replacement will 2500-3000 (Paint cost additional 2-3.5K with labour).

Re: Someone bumped my Swift VDI front bumper

IMO the dent can be blown out and painted. No need to replace. Approx cost for bumper replacement will 2500-3000 (Paint cost additional 2-3.5K with labour).
Thanks Lameassonwheels. [:)]
What will be dent repair cost with touchup paint? Should I get it done in authorized service center or any open market garage will do?

Top Bottom