My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #451

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ kuwaronline

Nice to meet you here. Your baby is cute and especially with those DRLs. If you reverse back to my postings

(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-new-honda-city-white-albus-5.html#post334809), you will find that I have rated them as ‘good, better’. Happy to note they have not disappointed you like other cheap, poor quality DRLs.

Since I made some modification like LED fog lamp and special fender DRLs, I did not go for it.

Coming back to your first posting in this thread

(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-19.html#post373190)

Even I did some put small accessories on her.... like DRLs, Doom Light, side beading, sun visor, top model alloy wheels, JBL Amplifier and JBL Base tube, LED parking and Tail light, seat covers, etc.,
As I requested you earlier, please start a thread or at least post about your work in connection with JBL Amplifier and JBL Base tube, I am really keen to learn.

I will make my next thread posting about My Albus: Special Fender DRLs.
(Right click & click ‘ open link in new window’ to see in detail.)​

CAR SIGNAL LIGHT.jpg

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Hi Dr MUDHAN/Friends

Anyone one tried these DRLs? This is my baby I am those using DRLs since 1.5 years without issue. Those DRL configured on parking lights switch...

Now a days those tube type DRL's are very popular. And they looks very rich on city.
See this pic which I found on another forum.
image.jpg

Now a days those tube type DRL's are very popular. And they looks very rich on city.
It is Electro Luminescent (EL) strip/tube/light. Looks very nice then smd/led based strips, even for angel lights but needs bit more wiring. Can be configured to parking lights using T10 adapter.

-ve's are:

Voids Warranty
Needs heat gun/blower to disassemble headlight.
Needs drilling.
Needs perfect fitting after finishing our work otherwise causes condensation inside headlight.
Not a each DIY work. Its same as fitting projectors.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
@ kuwaronline

Nice to meet you here. Your baby is cute and especially with those DRLs. If you reverse back to my postings

(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-new-honda-city-white-albus-5.html#post334809), you will find that I have rated them as ‘good, better’. Happy to note they have not disappointed you like other cheap, poor quality DRLs.

Since I made some modification like LED fog lamp and special fender DRLs, I did not go for it.

Coming back to your first posting in this thread

(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-19.html#post373190)

As I requested you earlier, please start a thread or at least post about your work in connection with JBL Amplifier and JBL Base tube, I am really keen to learn.

I will make my next thread posting about My Albus: Special Fender DRLs.
(Right click & click ‘ open link in new window’ to see in detail.)​

Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Mudhan Ji, I could have posted details problem is I didnt installed myself. But I can take pics and post.

The installation is done from Karol Baug, Delhi. Paid 500/- took around 3hrs. Work is quite good had no issue except I need to changed battery connector which was rusty and causing amp to stop working. Spent just 40/- to change that.

The Configuration

JBL - GT X646 - 4 Channel Amplifier - 7k with warranty. (without warranty 5k)
JBL - GT X646 - 4 Channel Amplifier (800 W) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

JBL - GTX 1250T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1250 W) - 6k with warranty (4.5-5k without warranty)
JBL - GTX 1250T - 12 inch Bass Tube (1250 W) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Sony XSGTF 16272/ZIN - Rs. 1800/- in front doors
Buy Sony Xs-gtf16272 190 Watts Speaker Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping

Now planning to install
JBL Component speaker - Rs.3K
JBL - CS 6C - 6.5 inch Component Speakers (150 W) [Pair of Speakers] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Cable/wiring cost me 2.5k forgot the name but it was the best available with him that day.

He showed me variety of wiring from Rs. 500- Rs 2500. So choose costliest one just because it was looking heavy and quality product compare to others. He said this wiring will last at least 10 years or so.

Rs 500/- for connector which required to take output from music player. They didnt cut any wire but sliced and connected. The shop owner said if he cuts the wire then only void warranty. For slicing there wont be problem. I wanted amp+bass tube in car badly without it was like Facebook without friends :D. It was like childhood dream for me to have it in Car. So didnt care much about warranty. But tried not to avoid it as much as possible.

Another 400-500/- for miscellaneous items.( I didnt know this earlier and the shop owner said it but I didnt took it quite seriously because I thought it would be just like nut n bolts which will be required extra but I was wrong. Speaker mounting and connector required due to size mismatch.)

So spent around Rs. 20,000/- on music system. Well quite cheap comparing to others and I m satisfied with system just waiting for component speakers and ICE to install.(Will talk about ICE in next post)

While installing Amp one thing is to consider is dont go for installing Amp in boot space. There are two main reason -
1) HEAT, yes its big enemy of any AMP and longer you use hotter it gets. So my common sense said not to go for installing in Boot space as it is not well ventilated as cabin so installed in back seat. Under left side seat. Nobody knows until I say its there, no wiring mess or anything. It doesnt get hot at AC or at least due to excellent ventilation.

2) Clutter - Installing in boot space is quite easy to most of the installing guys/electrician will go by default to install. I dont wanted wiring mess in Boot space, as its place where our all luggage go and quiet possible to harm wiring or AMP it self. The electrician suggest to install in boot but when I was against of it, then he suggested another place i.e. left side front seat where our foot rests. But I thought well it will be hot and will not be comfortable for wife. So decide only installing under left side back seat. Earlier he was making excuses but when he saw I am started threatening to stop installation he was happily agreed.

Please let me know if any pics required. I could take and post here.

Yes, those looks awesome. I saw one City in Gurgaon few days back with those and I was like wow!!!!!!!!

Even did some research and found following link. But problem is it will void warranty and quite costly.

But this one will not required to drill or anything just plug n play and DYI job.

FREE SHIPPING, 2008 2013 CHA CITY ANGEL EYE HEADLIGHT HEADLAMP V3, LED DAYLIGHT WITH TURN SIGNAL FUNCTION AND Q5 LENS, FOR HONDA-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

ICE - In-Car Entertainment System

I am planning to buy ICE for my baby since long time. Enquired at many places and searched a lot over net.

Found two options

1) CASKA - OEM ICE which comes in Top City versions. - Around Rs 30,000/-
Caska - Smart Series - In-Car Entertainment System for Honda City [Free Reverse Parking Camera] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

2) MapmyIndia - In-Car GPS Navigation - AVN-R Honda City - Around Rs 18,000/-
MapmyIndia - In-Car GPS Navigation - AVN-R Honda City - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Any thoughts over this?

ICE - In-Car Entertainment System

I am planning to buy ICE for my baby since long time. Enquired at many places and searched a lot over net.

Found two options

1) CASKA - OEM ICE which comes in Top City versions. - Around Rs 30,000/-
Caska - Smart Series - In-Car Entertainment System for Honda City [Free Reverse Parking Camera] - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

2) MapmyIndia - In-Car GPS Navigation - AVN-R Honda City - Around Rs 18,000/-
MapmyIndia - In-Car GPS Navigation - AVN-R Honda City - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Any thoughts over this?

I'll recommend you any other HU from Pioneer or Sony which can be fitted with the help of the modular kit for the dash board, you can get such a HU for very less price as compare to Casaka. As Casaka's durability is unknown as it's Chinese brand and after sells service is very shoddy. Honda ASS charges bomb for Caska.

-ve's are:

Voids Warranty
Needs drilling.
Needs perfect fitting after finishing our work otherwise causes condensation inside headlight.
I agree it's voids warranty as its after market accessory. But i spotted many 4th gen City with those strips. After inquiry at local accessory shop i get to know that there is no wire cut for the installations as they use socket connections and cost is quoted around 5.5k. Headlights need to be open for the fitting no drilling work required.

Last edited:
Originally quoted by Cracing
It is Electro Luminescent (EL) strip/tube/light. Looks very nice then smd/led based strips, even for angel lights but needs bit more wiring. Can be configured to parking lights with T10 adapter.

-ve's are:

Voids Warranty
Needs drilling.
Well I woul be able to elaborate these negative points that you have mentioned as I have performed this on my Polo headlamps.

Voids Warranty: This Is one thing that cannot be defined, as long as any work is done with the company/workshop consent it is in warranty but any stuff done outside even by following the rules can be challanged by the company.

Needs heat gun/blower to disassemble headlamp assembly: Yes perfectly mentioned as without this procedure you cannot do the work of installing projector or led tube.

Needs drilling: I disagree on this as the procedure followed in my mod was with help of clips but again I cant say on other people doing the mod.

Needs perfect fitting else can cause condensation: 100 % true this has to be done by an expert else can cause condensation and water leakage.

Hello,
I agree it's voids warranty as its after market accessory. But i spotted many 4th gen City with those strips. After inquiry at local accessory shop i get to know that there is no wire cut for the installations as they use socket connections and cost is quoted around 5.5k. Headlights need to be open for the fitting no drilling work required.
Hmm, no doubt projectors are hooked directly to headlight bulb connector and the EL wire, maybe connected to side parking light but EL wire needs a inverter. Cannot get real idea unless physically seen.

If you get it fitted, please post pictures of the installation. [:)]

Voids Warranty: This Is one thing that cannot be defined, as long as any work is done with the company/workshop consent it is in warranty but any stuff done outside even by following the rules can be challanged by the company.
Have you got fitted the EL strips and etc in authorized service center? As it requires removing headlight glass, I don't think most of authorized service centers do this.

Needs drilling: I disagree on this as the procedure followed in my mod was with help of clips but again I cant say on other people doing the mod.
Well I should have mentioned more details about this point in my op. Drilling I mean a small hole made inside headlight to route the power wires of el wire, angel tube and etc. However, it all depends upon how the fitting we do but I have never done so nor physically seen someone's, just researched about it long ago.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
I'll recommend you any other HU from Pioneer or Sony which can be fitted with the help of the modular kit for the dash board, you can get such a HU for very less price as compare to Casaka. As Casaka's durability is unknown as it's Chinese brand and after sells service is very shoddy. Honda ASS charges bomb for Caska.
I did research over that too, found them same near the price of Caska. I too dont trust Caska but problem is its the only plug n play rest others requires lots mod and its depends on how electrician/mechanic installs. If he screws up then I have to live rest of the life(ICE life) with it.

Originally Posted by CRACING
Have you got fitted the EL strips and etc in authorized service centre? As it requires removing headlight glass, I don't think most of authorized service centres do this.
No i have done this work from an external accessories shop and as per my knowledge no authorised service centre will do this work for you.

Originally Posted by CRACING
Well I should have mentioned more details about this point in my op. Drilling I mean a small hole made inside headlight to route the power wires of el wire, angel tube and etc. However, it all depends upon how the fitting we do but I have never done so nor physically seen someone's, just researched about it long ago.
Well i had done the work in front of me and the whole procedure takes about 4-5 hours, yes the headlamp glass was heated and removed after which the projectors were installed which is a direct fit and the tube was installed with helps of small clips which were fit on the reflector with the help of feviquick and you can always remove this assembly back and use the headlamp as it was earlier but the only problem with mine is that i have smoked my reflectors black which was an extra thing from my side which is a irreversible process and can cause damage to the reflector if i try to reverse it. The glass is sealed up again with the help of the glue which is used to stick the wind shield in-case of replacement. Also the glue is only visible on the inside when the hood is opened.The Wire of the Projector and the tube is nicely taken out from the bulb opening only.
Also i had forgot to mention earlier that all this assembly is plug and play and no wire is cut, in fact the guy who did the assembly has a Honda City I-Vtec which is also under warranty and the service centre as of now have not complained to him about anything.

Originally Posted by HaruH
Originally Posted by kuwaronline
I did research over that too, found them same near the price of Caska. I too dont trust Caska but problem is its the only plug n play rest others requires lots mod and its depends on how electrician/mechanic installs. If he screws up then I have to live rest of the life(ICE life) with it.
Even i would suggest you to go for a Pioneer touch screen Head unit, as the Caska unit might gel in well with the dashboard but the fact that it is chinese is a bit scary. About the Pioneer installation you do not need to cut any wire you get a socket for the Pioneer head unit which is a direct plug and play for the Original ICE so whenever you plan on selling your car again you can directly plug in the stock one and keep the Touch screen head unit with you. Also i am a Pioneer user since about 10 years and have not faced a single problem with any of the tapes, in fact my Innova has the Pioneer touch screen since 2.5 years and i had used the same on my earlier car for about 1 year. I had purchased it in Bangkok without warranty and touchwood its working perfectly fine without any issue. Also the Pioneer gives you a better sound quality than any other after market product like Sony, JVC, Kenwood etc. Also you have the option of adding any local reverse camera also to the Pioneer i am not sure if Caska supports local cameras. So i think the whole assembly for your car here in Mumbai i.e Panel, Touch-screen Head unit with BT and Reverse Camera should not cost you more then 20-22k and if you want a high end touch screen then not more then 25-26k which will be close to Caska but a lot better in quality and reliability. Also if you are doing the work do it near an expert who knows it will cost a bit more but at least you will get quality of work.

No i have done this work from an external accessories shop and as per my knowledge no authorised service centre will do this work for you.

Well i had done the work in front of me and the whole procedure takes about 4-5 hours, yes the headlamp glass was heated and removed after which the projectors were installed which is a direct fit and the tube was installed with helps of small clips which were fit on the reflector with the help of feviquick and you can always remove this assembly back and use the headlamp as it was earlier but the only problem with mine is that i have smoked my reflectors black which was an extra thing from my side which is a irreversible process and can cause damage to the reflector if i try to reverse it. The glass is sealed up again with the help of the glue which is used to stick the wind shield in-case of replacement. Also the glue is only visible on the inside when the hood is opened.The Wire of the Projector and the tube is nicely taken out from the bulb opening only.
Also i had forgot to mention earlier that all this assembly is plug and play and no wire is cut, in fact the guy who did the assembly has a Honda City I-Vtec which is also under warranty and the service centre as of now have not complained to him about anything.

Even i would suggest you to go for a Pioneer touch screen Head unit, as the Caska unit might gel in well with the dashboard but the fact that it is chinese is a bit scary. About the Pioneer installation you do not need to cut any wire you get a socket for the Pioneer head unit which is a direct plug and play for the Original ICE so whenever you plan on selling your car again you can directly plug in the stock one and keep the Touch screen head unit with you. Also i am a Pioneer user since about 10 years and have not faced a single problem with any of the tapes, in fact my Innova has the Pioneer touch screen since 2.5 years and i had used the same on my earlier car for about 1 year. I had purchased it in Bangkok without warranty and touchwood its working perfectly fine without any issue. Also the Pioneer gives you a better sound quality than any other after market product like Sony, JVC, Kenwood etc. Also you have the option of adding any local reverse camera also to the Pioneer i am not sure if Caska supports local cameras. So i think the whole assembly for your car here in Mumbai i.e Panel, Touch-screen Head unit with BT and Reverse Camera should not cost you more then 20-22k and if you want a high end touch screen then not more then 25-26k which will be close to Caska but a lot better in quality and reliability. Also if you are doing the work do it near an expert who knows it will cost a bit more but at least you will get quality of work.
Please note, if you have steering remote control pioneer HU will not support. Where as Caska will support directly . jVC sony requires some extra device that will convert the signal that the HU will understand. Caska supports all reverse camera. Do search about mapmyindia HUs if you have plans for Caska

Originally Posted by saishibu38380
Please note, if you have steering remote control pioneer HU will not support. Where as Caska will support directly . jVC sony requires some extra device that will convert the signal that the HU will understand. Caska supports all reverse camera. Do search about mapmyindia HUs if you have plans for Caska
Luckily the Automotive market worldwide is such that no matter how difficult the company tries to make an external fitting difficult there is always a solution available for it. If your car has the On steering controls for the ICE then pioneer does provide a converter which does enable you to use the steering switches after an installation of an aftermarket headunit. Here in mumbai it ranges from 1500 to 2500 depending on the shop. As of for reverse camer i had mentioned that i am not sure if caska supports but thanks for the Info. As of for the Map My India, the company also provides a unit which does enable the Maps to be displayed on any touchscreen head unit. Adding all these up will bring the cost total same to the Caska unit or maybe a bit cheaper also but the thing is about quality for me the quality of output for an Pioneer head unit is better than any other product but here i am comparing with the Sony,Caska,JVC,Kenwood etc and not high end tapes. The biggest advantage you have with the Pioneer thing according to me is when you change your car just remove the whole assembly and put it on the next one with just the panel and wire socket change where as in cask it either goes with the car or you sell outside for a very bad price. I am using a VW where the original VW touch screens are available for 25k new as well as people who sell it later give it for around 3-4k as it wont fit any other car.

Luckily the Automotive market worldwide is such that no matter how difficult the company tries to make an external fitting difficult there is always a solution available for it. If your car has the On steering controls for the ICE then pioneer does provide a converter which does enable you to use the steering switches after an installation of an aftermarket headunit. Here in mumbai it ranges from 1500 to 2500 depending on the shop. As of for reverse camer i had mentioned that i am not sure if caska supports but thanks for the Info. As of for the Map My India, the company also provides a unit which does enable the Maps to be displayed on any touchscreen head unit. Adding all these up will bring the cost total same to the Caska unit or maybe a bit cheaper also but the thing is about quality for me the quality of output for an Pioneer head unit is better than any other product but here i am comparing with the Sony,Caska,JVC,Kenwood etc and not high end tapes. The biggest advantage you have with the Pioneer thing according to me is when you change your car just remove the whole assembly and put it on the next one with just the panel and wire socket change where as in cask it either goes with the car or you sell outside for a very bad price. I am using a VW where the original VW touch screens are available for 25k new as well as people who sell it later give it for around 3-4k as it wont fit any other car.
Please share details about pioneer remote control interface. One of the fellow TAI-an needs for his ertiga.
Any day pioneer has the best SQ. I'm using it from 2002 onwards
I was mentioning about mapmyindia because the person was comparing Caska and mapmyindia. If you have any idea of adding subwoofer amp and other power addon stay away from Caska or MMI. The subwoofer out from is very bad. Have personally seen in my friend's car

Originally Posted by saishibu38380
Please share details about pioneer remote control interface. One of the fellow TAI-an needs for his ertiga.
I was mentioning about mapmyindia because the person was comparing Caska and mapmyindia. If you have any idea of adding subwoofer amp and other power addon stay away from Caska or MMI. The subwoofer out from is very bad. Have personally seen in my friend's car
The Member messaged me and i have responded to him as of now i need a bit of more detail on it, The reason i was aware of this controller was because recently my brother installed a Pioneer Touch Screen in his Swift Dzire ZDi and during installation he asked us if we would like the converter to keep the steering controls active, my brother did not opt for it but we came to know about the converter. As of now i cant provide much more detail and will be able to provide it completely when i meet the Installation guy in person. I am using Map My india since 5 years which i had purchased but it is the best and most accurate mapping devices i have seen so far. The maps are updated every 3 months hence all the new destinations are automatically updated. I have seen many setups of amp, Subwoofer, speaker with all the head units and nobody comes close to the output of Pioneer.

I have JBL amp and basstub already installed. But now planning for ICE, the current Honda's player does give ok ok sound but waiting for good. So only two companies MMI and Caska is providing plug and play with GPS. If I go for pioneer they cost same as both around 30k. But I know Pioneer is way better than both and output is excellent compare to both(MMI/Caska). Only problem is installation and looks. If you or ur friends already installed it please take pic and post here. It will be helpful.

Top Bottom