Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

Re: Hyundai India Has Re-imported 5th Generation Verna

The new Front grill and stance very similar to Audi A4 and Audi A6

Last edited:

Looks the next gen Verna has the i30 hatchback face. This looks similar to the i45 sedan. Hope Hyundai has sorted out the suspension and driving dynamics. Rear seat looks comfy. Hope it has adequate under thigh support. Overall it looks a great package. Hope Hyundai prices it appropriately.

To me it looks like i20 in its sedan avtaar as the day I saw new i20 it strikes in my mind that we will see sedan based on it and here we are.

Thread Starter #19

2017 Hyundai Verna revealed in posters ahead of debut this week

Will launch in India in 2017.

Ahead of its world debut at the 2016 Chengdu Motor Show on September 2 in China, posters at the venue have revealed the final exterior design of the 2017 Hyundai Verna. It is expected to go on sale in China later this year, before it is introduced in key markets like India and Russia (as the Hyundai Solaris) next year.

2017 Hyundai Verna revealed ahead of debut in China

Attachments

Amazing looks. This front grill seems to be current design language for Hyundai. I like to call it the 'diamond' grill. I have seen it on the i30 premium Hatch and the i45 sedan. Hope they give this to the i20 as well. Surely one of the shortlisted ones for my next car.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

The 2017 Hyundai Verna has made its world debut at the 2016 Chengdu Motor Show today. It will go on sale in China first, before entering other markets like India in 2017.

2017-Hyundai-Verna-front-makes-world-premiere.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Verna-rear-three-quarter-makes-world-premiere.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Verna-side-makes-world-premiere.jpg

2017-Hyundai-Verna-dashboard-makes-world-premiere.jpg

Source : IAB

When it comes to looks Hyundai is surely doing something different in each and every model which they are releasing. Since the inception of the fludic design Hyundai has always excelled in looks department. IMO tail lam looks similar to the 5th gen Elantra. Thumps up to the team, hope this car takes Verna back on track

When it comes to looks Hyundai is surely doing something different in each and every model which they are releasing. Since the inception of the fludic design Hyundai has always excelled in looks department. IMO tail lam looks similar to the 5th gen Elantra. Thumps up to the team, hope this car takes Verna back on track
Yep, Agreed when it comes to looks, Hyundai have always lunged forward. If you compare the current Hyundai's with ones in 2000's, there is a revolutionary change.

But, considering other factors, Hyundai are behind Japanese/Germans/American Cars. For Me, Hyundai cars are just about Looks & Features. Don't get me wrong, they do make competitive products but they fall short when compared to segment. I have the i20 which was bought last year. Apart from being new entrant into the market, it was the best car at that time (Note- I have used Best, which is inferior and low down compared to Perfect).
I had researched lots of cars under 10 lakhs. Choices were very few. There was the common Swift, not so popular Micra/Pulse & Punto, Old Polo, Fleet Choice Etios Liva. Apart from these there weren't any other cars. Now you have Jazz, Figo, Baleno which are near perfect cars. Hence I had no choice but to buy the i20. Although I do like it, but its more of a trendy looking, feature packed car. The Diesel mill is slightly better and apart from these, the car lags behind compared to competition. Believe it or not, its the most thirstiest car in our garage. It gives 13.5 overall (Tankful Method), which is bad. So, this is a disappointing car for me.

Coming back to topic, the New Verna looks more mature, upmarket. But it will have its work cutout. The segment is very competitive, and if Hyundai wants to taste success, they should offer what the competition offers at the lower price then them. Something which won't happen I guess.
Because each of the cars in this segment offer something unique to buyers

1. CIAZ - Mild Hybrid, Aftersales, Pricing and Good Quality.
2.CITY - Features, Space, Comfort, Performance, Efficiency, Resale
3. RAPID/VENTO - DSG, TSI Engine, Performance, Dynamics

So, Hyundai Verna has to match these in order to become successful.

I will agree with you partially, even now Elite i20 is a looker. I will choose Elite over Figo but equal points for Baleno and Elite. Yes Hyundai needs to seriously work on its steering and mileage. If you mean elite as thinnest then I don't know how will you feel baleno, because if my memory serves me right it was first marketed as lightest car.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The 2017 Hyundai Verna has made its world debut at the 2016 Chengdu Motor Show today.
The front grill and the fog lamp design remind of Audi but the rear profile is impressive. Having seen the Elantra 2016 at launch, I must say, Hyundai's rear designs are fabulous.

Regards

Akash

The 2017 Hyundai Verna has made its world debut at the 2016 Chengdu Motor Show today. It will go on sale in China first, before entering other markets like India in 2017.

View attachment 208000

View attachment 208001

View attachment 208002

View attachment 208003

Source : IAB
I dont know why I see this as I20 sedan. I tried to tell myself it is verna but somehow it looks like I20 sedan[frustration]
Dil hai ki maanta nahi

even the glow pattern of rear lights are same

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Everything seems nice but why does the radiator grill look so similar to Audi? and Why are the alloys looking similar to XUV 5OO?

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom