[Honest Review] Yokohama Earth 1 Tyres: Really Designed For India

Disaster struck

Already installed Earth-1's 185/70R14 size on my brother's Swift and till now it has run nearly 15000 Kms in 10 months and experience with those tyres are excellent.Got it for Rs.4100 in December 2015.

Now,thinking to replace Vento's tyres to Earth 1 195/60R15 as present Michelins has run nearly 63000 Kms in 2.5 years or will go for 205/55R15.
Disaster struck when my brother was driving the car and front left tyre got busted on 17-10-2016 when he was coming from our native to Hyderabad.Showed the tyre to the dealer,who sold me the tyre and said we will not accept to replace the tyre under warranty and Yokohama tyre engineer after seeing the tyre also said the same.Now,the only option is to buy the tyre by spending Rs.4000.

Re: Disaster struck

Disaster struck when my brother was driving the car and front left tyre got busted on 17-10-2016 when he was coming from our native to Hyderabad.Showed the tyre to the dealer,who sold me the tyre and said we will not accept to replace the tyre under warranty and Yokohama tyre engineer after seeing the tyre also said the same.Now,the only option is to buy the tyre by spending Rs.4000.
Did you ask the reason for not replacing?

I guess it's due to wrong tire pressure most probably, because until today, I didn't face single issue with my tires and has solid highway performance

maybe try mailing the Yokohama team about the issue.

Thread Starter #49

bhvm

Honoured Member
Long term update on Yokohama earth 1s

1. I recently did a quick dart to Gujarat. The tyres are holding up very well. Best part is no vibrations at all till 140 KMPH. Small vibrations do creep in at 145+. However I have no reason to believe that the vibes are mechanical or tyre related. The vibrations could be solely due to wind pressure.

2. Braking is fantastic. Even at 130+. City braking is actually too sharp. You have to be careful of close tailgaters. I guess thats the way i10 brakes are.

3. I am unable to perform any wheel spin when gunning in 1st or 2nd. Wheel spins were easy on Stock bridgestone B250s. However Yokos have really strong grip.

4. Tyres look fresh and new. No treadwear as noticed by the eye.

5. These tyres do not have any problems with stones in the tread. They are self cleaning.

6. The car is overall peppy and joyous to drive.

Hello all:

I will be taking delivery of new vento highline plus which comes in 195/55R16 tyres of apollo. I am planning to do a tyre upgrade as soon as I take delivery of the vechicle.

I have the following questions:
1: if I stick to the same since since upgrading tyre size will have an effect on warranty, then my options are Michelin XM2 and continental mc5 which one should I choose.. would like good comfort ride/ excellent grip and breaking.
2: if I decide to upsize to 205/55/R16 what are the benefits. Also will upsizing make the tyres touch any part of the vechicle with 5 people on board. If I decide to upsize will it improve comfort and handling drastically considering I will be voiding the warranty... does it have any downside on the vechicle and its suspension...lastly which tyres will you recommend for this Michelin or continental.

Tanks in advance...

Hello all:

I will be taking delivery of new vento highline plus which comes in 195/55R16 tyres of apollo. I am planning to do a tyre upgrade as soon as I take delivery of the vechicle.

I have the following questions:
1: if I stick to the same since since upgrading tyre size will have an effect on warranty, then my options are Michelin XM2 and continental mc5 which one should I choose.. would like good comfort ride/ excellent grip and breaking.
2: if I decide to upsize to 205/55/R16 what are the benefits. Also will upsizing make the tyres touch any part of the vechicle with 5 people on board. If I decide to upsize will it improve comfort and handling drastically considering I will be voiding the warranty... does it have any downside on the vechicle and its suspension...lastly which tyres will you recommend for this Michelin or continental.

Tanks in advance...
Hello Experts:

Any update on the above mentioned questions?

^^[roll] If you're not planning to install Yokohamas, then i guess you've posted in the wrong thread, suggest you open a new thread or search the section again.

Thinking to get Yoko Earth 1 195/60R15 for my Honda City iDTEC as the stock Michelin XM1+ are getting worn out.Im getting these tyres for ₹5k at my trusted tyre dealer,which I feel VFM.But after seeing my brother’s experience with his Swift,I’m thinking whether I should get these tyres or not.Other alternative I’m considering is Continental MC5 and Yoko S-Drive.

Thinking to get Yoko Earth 1 195/60R15 for my Honda City iDTEC as the stock Michelin XM1+ are getting worn out.Im getting these tyres for ₹5k at my trusted tyre dealer,which I feel VFM.But after seeing my brother’s experience with his Swift,I’m thinking whether I should get these tyres or not.Other alternative I’m considering is Continental MC5 and Yoko S-Drive.
What did your brother experience on the Earth 1? Please be specific.

The advantage of installing the Earth 1s are its really made to tackle the potholes with ease and not good but decent handling in the highways, So you don't have to worry much on pot holes and can drive confidently in highways.

Thread Starter #57

bhvm

Honoured Member
ODO at 45k Kms update-

Actually there is not much update as tyre have held up really well and nothing has changed. Zero punctures. Tyres need a top up of 1.5 to 2 PSi every months (car stands a lot) . Braking is fantastic.

Did emergency braking in Gravel/Sand (Diversion) Because an upcoming truck was swaying too much. Little bit of screech but no drama at all. Have hit many potholes/Speed breakers and also hit cracks in road at 100+ Kmph by mistake, Yokos do not dissapoint.

There are no vibrations in steering till 130-140 Kmph.

Rest everything can be copy paste from here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tyres-really-designed-india-4.html#post530725

Last edited:
Changed all four tyres of my Brio with 175/65 R14 Yokohama E1 tyres. I am not using the car that much nowadays, so can't figure out any major difference. But obviously road noise is reduced by a good extent.

Just got Earth 1 195/60 R15 88H for my Ford Fiesta (2014 model). I miss my previous german made Good Year tyres which lasted for over 43000 kms. Hoping that the new ones last long as indicated in many posts here. By the way, the dealer didn't give any warranty card or so. All that I have is just the bill. Is this common while buying tyres?

How deep are the treads on brand new tires sold here in India? I was surfing through tire manufacturer sites and none of them have this on their spec sheets.

Spec from GoodYear US website:
GoodYearUS.JPG

Top Bottom