Ford Ecosport | 1.5P | 10,000 Kms | Review: When Love and Hate Collide

Hi,
This thread is kind of epic . the kind of mods you have done are top class .
What kind of mileage are you getting in the city and highways ?
Rating your thread a well deserved 5* [clap]

Thread Starter #49
Hi,
This thread is kind of epic . the kind of mods you have done are top class .
What kind of mileage are you getting in the city and highways ?
Rating your thread a well deserved 5* [clap]
Raja, thank you for your encouragement

I started with 10 in city (AC @ 80%), it grew to 12 within a month. It was then ranging between 12 - 14 kmpl, till i sedated my driving style - now it comfortably at 15 (last 1000kms)

I have done 2 long/Highway drives on this car, 1st was when it was brand new - this was a drive to bangalore (1000kms - 1 way) and mileage was close to 15 kmpl

On the 2nd trip, it was 17 kmpl

Hi here are the pics..

This is a very easy installation. The guy removed the head lamp cluster. And cut it through the line after the clips are located and placed the tube properly in the gap provided. We didn't tamper any wire, it's the same indicator connection only. so still under ford warranty. It's not as bright as an audi [glasses] but it's classy

While indicator is on..
Hi Sooraj, have a question on installation; Did this guy open the headlamps to install the DRL. While i am not certain, I believe there should be a less cumbersome way of installing the DRL thru drilling a hole in the back plate (see attached demo).
image (2).jpg
Is there a way you could get this confirmed through this person who did the installation for you?

Thanks Anoop.. You are correct.its a kind of sealant they used and that's sufficient. I didn't provide the drl. Overall cost was 11k with installation..and took 4 hours. I had checked with my friends who got it done for 17k. So I think price is ok.. They provide 6 months warranty too
Nice looking DRLs Sooraj. Why dint you plan for the DRLs attached to the fog lamps?
Please let me know from where have you installed the DRLs from? I mean which shop in Bangalore.

I haven't added much accessories to my M. Red Titanium TDCi.
  • Elegant Seat covers (lumbar support adjustment knob is not seen now[surprise])
  • Philips Extreme Vision Head Lamps.
  • 3D mats from Crab (Worth the price of 2K)
  • Door sill plates (SS)

I'm planning for DRLs only if warranty is not getting void.

Thread Starter #54
Could you please share the details of the source for these 3D mats ?
It's from shopclues. Search for Crab 3d mats for Ecosport. Btw, I would advise to go for Star 3D mats. They are better quality ones.[:)]
Hi DM/Anoop,

had seen similar quality ones in Delhi (karol bagh) for 1100. You could source if you're ok with the quality

I did a noodle mat DIY and is working ok for me

Hi Rajiv,
A wonderful thread and nicely planned mods. I have a Gen4 honda city and am planning to go down the Tab route. I have a samsung 7' Tab (not used at home anymore) and am planning to put that in the car. There are a few car dash applications including one from Google which i am evaluating.
I have a few questions which would help me
1. Can you please post more pictures(specifically mount that you have for mounting the tab) 2. I think you are using Nexus with probably timurs ROM to get that USB host & charging with single wire (more details please).
3. Have you integrated reverse camera / sensors with the tab
4. How do you connect the tab to speakers for music ? through Bluetooth or through Aux in
5. Where do you connect your mobile via bluetooth (to Tab or the car music system)
6. Did you consider Samsung during the planning stage or were always inclined to nexus?

Sorry a lot of questions but I think it would help a lot of members including me as I firmly believe this is the route that ICE installations will go in future :)

Thread Starter #56
Hi Rajiv,
A wonderful thread and nicely planned mods. I have a Gen4 honda city and am planning to go down the Tab route. I have a samsung 7' Tab (not used at home anymore) and am planning to put that in the car. There are a few car dash applications including one from Google which i am evaluating.
I have a few questions which would help me
1. Can you please post more pictures(specifically mount that you have for mounting the tab) 2. I think you are using Nexus with probably timurs ROM to get that USB host & charging with single wire (more details please).
4. How do you connect the tab to speakers for music ? through Bluetooth or through Aux in
5. Where do you connect your mobile via bluetooth (to Tab or the car music system)
6. Did you consider Samsung during the planning stage or were always inclined to nexus?

Sorry a lot of questions but I think it would help a lot of members including me as I firmly believe this is the route that ICE installations will go in future :)
Hi Malgudi, Gen4 Honda is a pretty good choice - i wonder how Honda simply manages to improvise on perfected cars with every generation change. I have a gen3 city and after 7.5 years/100K Kms of use it is still something I crave to drive.
Don't worry about the # of questions ; infact am guilty of not being able to share the acquired knowledge so far

1. Can you please post more pictures(specifically mount that you have for mounting the tab)

I surely will, for now the tab is down as i am creating a new mount for it/powermate. It will be an acrylic based mount to ensure fit and finish

2. I think you are using Nexus with probably timurs ROM to get that USB host & charging with single wire (more details please).

Yes, it is a nexus with Timur's rom and a Y cable

Reverse camera yes, however, the apps suck big time. There's only one platform that offers smart solutions (called OpenXC by Ford) however the interface they use is not available in India (and with difficulty in US). So i am in a wait and watch mode till they develop software for OBD (WIP)

For now it is bluetooth, i intend to buy an audiophile grade DAC in future (when $ permits) and may be buy a preowned bose amp/speakers

I connect it to the car music system for now (as i said the car apps are sad)

Nexus, it was as the ROM supports nexus only. Samsung will give you the opportunity to run AR apps like Navigate 6 to avoid running an additional program

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi Rajiv,

Excellent post and very nicely done mods. Your post is real inspiration. I have recently purchased Ecosport 1.5P Ambient version too keeping in mind that will do few mods.I will start slowly, but not able to find a good shop in Chennai. Dont want huge money for dealer accessories.

Following are what I am planing to add,
Rear Head Rest
Parcel Tray Kit
Full Black Interior
Fog & Drl lights
Raptor Grill
Body color door handle and ORVM

Guys in Chennai, can you please suggest some suitable shops to get this done.

Hello Rajeev,

Can you please help us with your Carputer details and the set up procedure. I always wanted to update MMI for my Eco-Sport Titanium and your set-up looks neat.

Cheers!

Top Bottom